the Battle Cat's Content

There have been 308 items by the Battle Cat (Search limited from 24-September 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#449000 I apologize for derailing threads.

Posted by the Battle Cat on 08 May 2018 - 10:34 AM in Off-Topic

View Postipickert55, on 06 May 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostJanichsan, on 06 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

But seriously, when in the history of mankind has a thread on IMG not been derailed at some point?
Truer words never spoken. I don't even know whats going on anymore.

I'm the worst offender of all.  The only way I get into trouble it seems is with my own big mouth.  I want to apologize to ipickert55 and Janichsan and especially to Matt Diamond who I know this has driven crazy in the past.  I promise hereon after to never derail a thread nor to contribute to a thread that has been derailed.  My apologies again to all this has annoyed.  It stops now.

#448926 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 27 April 2018 - 11:52 AM in Mac Hardware

Um... I meant to leave a note saying my nemesis HAZMAT should deal with your trunk but during the confusing rush to make my getaway I realized only just now that I plum forgot.  Sorry.  I think I might owe you a couple years of your life back.  But hey if it doesn't kill you, it makes you that much weaker.... STRONGER.  I meant stronger.  Stronger.  Yeah that's it, that's the ticket.  Stronger.

#448924 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by the Battle Cat on 27 April 2018 - 11:35 AM in Mac Simulators

Well that sucks.

#448901 macOS 10.13 - High Sierra

Posted by the Battle Cat on 26 April 2018 - 09:10 AM in Mac OS Related

Come on Harry, you realize that you are talking to Father Death.  All we are assskinnnnnnnng, is give war a channnce.

#448900 I just noticed a weird trend in games' names…

Posted by the Battle Cat on 26 April 2018 - 08:58 AM in General

View PostSneaky Snake, on 26 April 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Hey that's me! I'm internet famous now

OMG!  Move over Chris Crocker!!

Hey people check me out, I knew Sneaky Snake before he was famous.  That by osmosis makes me a little bit internet famous too, sorta kinda in a way almost.  I could introduce him to you if you want. OMG I'm posting this on facebook!

#448866 I just noticed a weird trend in games' names…

Posted by the Battle Cat on 25 April 2018 - 08:54 AM in General

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 24 April 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

Also, I read about it on the web right here:

http://www.insidemac...t=0#entry448860

I've been to that site before, that guy has no credibility.  I'm surprised that you give it any weight.

#448865 ZuneStruck! a must see

Posted by the Battle Cat on 25 April 2018 - 08:43 AM in Off-Topic

::tBC turns the other butt cheek::  Our Zune who art in Redmond, I beseech thee to have mercy on this heathens blackened heart.  Don't get me wrong O Zune, it's still OK to bitch smite him, just please do it in front of me.  Amen.

#448854 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 24 April 2018 - 02:23 PM in Mac Hardware

Rakden is trying not to get his nuts nailed to the wall for violating NDA.  His information is not available to the public.  If you have ears then listen.

#448853 I just noticed a weird trend in games' names…

Posted by the Battle Cat on 24 April 2018 - 02:17 PM in General

WHAT? I CAN HARDLY HEAR YOUR TYPING.  WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP MUMBLING AND TYPE UP.

#448847 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 24 April 2018 - 11:00 AM in Mac Hardware

MacDude, this is your first warning.  If you continue to challenge preconceived nerd notions with professional knowledge of inside Apple information and facts from your stupid high powered industry position I will be forced to remove you from your sacred duties as IMG Moderator.  You have everybody in a tizzy with your dum faks.  

("Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." Mark Twain)

#448845 ZuneStruck! a must see

Posted by the Battle Cat on 24 April 2018 - 10:38 AM in Off-Topic

They're good Zunes Bront.

#448840 ZuneStruck! a must see

Posted by the Battle Cat on 23 April 2018 - 10:16 AM in Off-Topic

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 22 April 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Is Zune a phone? What's it for?

Infidel PIG!!  May Vista have mercy on your blackened heart, not.

#448839 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 23 April 2018 - 10:10 AM in Mac Hardware

View Postmacdude22, on 23 April 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

I expect most here don't know what I do for a living so carry on.

You people should know that Macdude pushes little buttons for a living or some such silly occupation.  But if you heard him griping on Discord every Saturday night about it you would think he was some sort of overloaded pack mule, whipping boy, and company bed pan.

View Postmacdude22, on 23 April 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Clearly I know nothing. :teehee:

I just wanted to step in here to verify Macdude's claim.  Just ask his wife.

#448810 What are you currently listening to

Posted by the Battle Cat on 20 April 2018 - 10:43 AM in Off-Topic

I likes me some uptown funk done old school.

#448795 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 19 April 2018 - 10:50 AM in General

The only games I play mobile are hidden object games, nothing you'd be likely to port Miss Ellie.  But still, because coffee, I'll tell you.  What I want in a travel game is immersion, and that is really a subjective thing and comes from the user not the app.  A game that is immersive takes me out of the airport and into the theatre of my mind.  I guess this fits into the category of "endless distraction".

#448793 Feedback Request: Summer Book Group

Posted by the Battle Cat on 19 April 2018 - 10:35 AM in Off-Topic

All of those serious words I wrote at the start of the post triggered an equal and opposite reaction.  It's physics son.  As inescapable as a gravity well.

#448784 Feedback Request: Summer Book Group

Posted by the Battle Cat on 18 April 2018 - 01:51 PM in Off-Topic

I recommend Discord as the communication app.  It has chat where you can post messages, images, or video and it is a great app to make group voice calls.  I believe it was made for gaming, so your app would be "on topic" for what that's worth.

Also I can give a lecture to your class, I have some experience talking to a class from Fallout 4 where I told a Vault 81 classroom about my struggles as a vault dweller in the outside world.  Almost all of them survived.  I'll make sure to go real gentle-like on them like I did the Fallout kids.

All I ask in return is tuna up front and a get away car.  Oh, and if you have any string dangling on a stick I'll take that too.

#448777 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 18 April 2018 - 09:05 AM in General

Hey 2 nights ago Steel Toe and Big Jaw came back to the same spot at the Red Rocket!  I've never seen two deathclaws together before and now twice in the same spot at the Red Rocket.  This time Steel Toe was a legendary!  He managed to take out two of the turrets before he succumbed to his wounds.  I guess after Steel Toe respawned from the first tragic visit he figured that he should play elsewhere until he felt that he was buffed enough for the raid.

#448770 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 17 April 2018 - 10:04 AM in General

He would have made a great Mr. Woodcock the hard assed gym coach.  Besides physical acting he did a lot of voice acting for games and TV.  All that was icing on the cake, he had me at full metal jacket.  I swear I had that ass hole as a drill instructor, funny as hell, brutal as a head on collision.

#448746 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 14 April 2018 - 11:05 AM in General

Recently in Fallout 4:

And the coveted Fallout 4 2018 Darwin Award goes to... Steel Toe and Big Jaw.

I just got jumped by two deathclaws at once.  Too bad for them that they found me in front of the Red Rocket under 4 turrets and 2 attack dogs where my  8 heavily armed companions all hole out.  They were gone almost before they were there.  You could hardly see them from all the tracers vectoring into them.

The first deathclaw, Steel Toe, must have said, "Hey let's swing by the Red Rocket and see who we can scare out of their pants derp.  

The second deathclaw, Big Jaw, probably said something like, "I don't know, doesn't a vault dweller live there now derp?

I'm guessing that Steel Toe came back with something like, "Have you ever seen a human?  They are so scrawny that they would fry down to a little gob of grease, hardly a meal for one of us.  What could go wrong?  It'l be fun derp."

#448742 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 13 April 2018 - 10:19 AM in General

I loved my gravity gun, there's nothing quite like a good cup of morning coffee and a radiator smashed into your face.

Recently in Fallout 4:

My companion MacCready fell through a map hole.  Imagine the angst MacCready is feeling as he plummets endlessly in gray nothingness.  He'll probably be fine until his mobile device looses the signal or the battery conks out.  Then it will be regrets and recriminations.  His vapid life will play before him like mocking shadows of remorse as he thinks of how he treated his wife and sick child, who he abandoned for his thrill seeking adventures and get rich quick schemes.  He could have been a doctor and saved lives.  He could have been an educator uplifting those about him out of poverty and a life of post apocalyptic deprivation.  Instead it was more about capping his fellow idiots for caps.  Yes, there will be much to ponder behind the veil of eternity.

Much indeed MacCready.

#448726 Announcement: Seven Comes!

Posted by the Battle Cat on 11 April 2018 - 08:31 AM in Off-Topic

All.  Hail.  Plankton.
All.  Hail.  Plankton.
All.  Hail.  Plankton.
All.  Hail.  Plankton.

#448669 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 03 April 2018 - 09:53 AM in General

Recently in Fallout 4:

Ironically, just as a Gunner yelled, "I WANT HIS HEAD!", my explosive bullet blew his noggin into a shower of bone and brain.  Maybe it wasn't ironic, perhaps he had a premonition of losing his own.  Of course if he had looked around he could see that nobody else had heads that would fill a sandwich baggie.  Maybe he simply wanted me dead.  I'll never know now because I didn't have the guidance and counseling necessary to defuse the situation.  This is a failure in government.

#448650 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 02 April 2018 - 09:38 AM in General

Recently in Fallout 4:

I accidently build a cattle pen right where the queen mirelurk spawns in Murkwater Construction Site.  She is a freaking sitting duck, a fish in a barrel with wavy claws.  Settlers gather around and plink her to death at their leisure.  Plus there is a double turret stand next to her.  She is probably trying to renegotiate her contract with Bethesda as we speak.

#448639 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by the Battle Cat on 31 March 2018 - 10:53 AM in General

Recently in Fallout 4:

Remember kids at home, never ever ever headbutt a Gunner Captain.  You gotta love the whacky combat in Fallout 4.  I was hiding behind a tree and sniping at a Gunner Captain with a fatman on the roof of a building.  I would lean out and bounce a spinner off his forehead then duck behind the tree until I was hidden.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  Popped him in the head bone about 5 times before I killified him.  You'd think that after the second chip he got knocked  out of his head he would call down and dispatch a squad into the woods.  I guess he was drawing the line at 5 headshots before he made the call.