Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 28 August 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Agree'd. In BL1 at least occasionally there would be an item in a vending machine worthwhile. Even the popsnizzle out of the tourge vending machines was mostly garbage in BL2.

All the tourge weapons were garbage. Highly explosive and barely any real damage. They were flashy but didn't get you anywhere.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2142 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 28 August 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

All the tourge weapons were garbage. Highly explosive and barely any real damage. They were flashy but didn't get you anywhere.

EXPLOSIONS?
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#23 AspyrRyan

AspyrRyan

Aspyr

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Sounds like someone hasn't wielded the mighty Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold.

#24 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Something Moxie must love.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 28 August 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Something Moxie must love.

I'll do the double entendre humor here if you don't mind.

View PostAspyrRyan, on 28 August 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Sounds like someone hasn't wielded the mighty Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold.

Something Moxxi must love.

The only thing I ever bought in a BL2 vending machine that was not ammo was the shield Dr. Zed required you to buy to continue the game.  [edit]  I just remembered that I buy 5 shields in the southern shelf vending machine to grind up for a mission in the Highlands.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

They also synergize with Axton extremely well; hey get damage boosts from both his + gun damage talents and his + grenade damage bonuses.  A DP Unkempt Harold in Axtons hands can do hundreds of thousands to millions of damage per shot.

#27 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Well, they were all pretty useless to my Gaige =p so there !

-Fm [1oM7]

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Ah cool, you played Gaige.  I bet you didn't buff her Anarchy super power, and that would be a shame.  Re-spec her and give her full anarchy and ricochet.  Try it out, and stop forcing all your characters to be Mordecai!  Don't make me come over there.  I'll come over there.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2142 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Ugh. Mordecai............
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#30 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hahaha... I miss mordecai... man I ripped up the popsnizzle with his overpowered weapons and skill set.

For gaige, I just kinda go chaotic. Run around with my head cut off, hiding behind things to let shields finally regen, because no amount of anarchy keeps her health and shields up from massive amounts of bullet spam from every corner of each and every area I step into.

-Fm [1oM7]

#31 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Also im not really seeing a problem with loot drops.  I have had to duplicate my mule character about four times now to hold all the legendaries and pearls i was getting because my packrat nature wont let me just trash them.

#32 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 29 August 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

For gaige, I just kinda go chaotic. Run around with my head cut off, hiding behind things to let shields finally regen, because no amount of anarchy keeps her health and shields up from massive amounts of bullet spam from every corner of each and every area I step into.

That's what Deathtrap is for.  You unleash him and they all shoot at Deathtrap.  I usually run in behind him and shoot those shooting at the bot.  You are nearly always invisible to the enemy when Deathtrap is heaping burning coals on their heads.  Gaige is playable Brick style, just wade in there and visit woe upon them.  Simply duck behind a rock when he times out or they kill him, usually they are all dead though.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#33 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2142 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

I loved deathtrap when farming the warrior (Either my deathtrap or other players). He just settles in for the long haul of smacking around some rakk.

#34 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 29 August 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I loved deathtrap when farming the warrior (Either my deathtrap or other players). He just settles in for the long haul of smacking around some rakk.

Oh yeah, and he keeps ramping up the kill streak as a result. He just sits back and keeps zapping rakk as they respawn, and the kill counter keeps going up and so do all the stats with it hahahaha. Almost an 'exploit', but hey, its a solo game, not an MMO!

-Fm [1oM7]

#35 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2142 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Deathtrap had my back, my chuparobobraj.

#36 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

I finally got my pre-sequel skins just in time to celebrate my siren hitting OP8! Right on.
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!