#21 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yeah. While I can understand the confusion regarding wether the expansion works with non-MGS purchases of XCOM (That really should be more clear!), there also seem to be quite some.. Ahrem, rage, going on..
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#22 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, its pretty confusing on that. Basically the expansion won't work with the base game on Steam. It *should* work if you bought the base game from App Store... however NO ONE has confirmed or denied that ... so the judging on err of caution is just to say the expansion works with the base game from MGS only.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#23 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Heh. I read up on it because my brother wished for the expansion for Mac or PC, and then I was like "but.. But..."... And now I am even more confused.

I'll give him that pillow he also wants instead. In his FACE.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#24 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

If he has the Steam base game, then you'll have to wait for a Steam sale to snag the DLC. Which is what I'm doing, because I have the PC Steam version.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#25 choiceweb0pen0

choiceweb0pen0

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Steam Name:choiceweb0pen0

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Is this DLC non compatible between the Steam and Apple App store verison also an issue for other games like Borderlands 2, for example?