Blasphemous is now available on Steam for Mac & Linux!

Blasphemous steam mac linux

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Gaming way too long

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:13 AM

"Blasphemous is a brutal action-platformer with skilled hack’n slash combat set in the nightmare world of Cvstodia. Explore, upgrade your abilities, and perform savage executions on the hordes of enemies that stand between you and your quest to break eternal damnation."
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/Manjario KDE/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3174 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:36 AM

Seems like this should be in Mac Action and Shooters?

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17727 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:41 PM

It's sort of a toss up, it has elements of both forums.  Steam lists it's genre as action adventure and it does have skills to be upgraded.  It consists of weapon and spell attacks.  It's probably in the right place though there are no roles but one, the Penitent One.  Is there anyone on the forum who has played this game?  I'd like to hear from them.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8674 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

Didn't play it, but from what I heard, this is yet another take on a 2D Souls-like, with heavy ARPG elements. So I guess the category fits?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3174 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:45 PM

The official description is: "Blasphemous is a brutal action-platformer with skilled hack’n slash combat..."

So I'm just saying where I'd put it, based on the descriptions and the trailer. I'm okay with leaving it here too.

I like the music in the trailer, I wonder if that's also in the game.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4531 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:45 PM

Got it on my Switch wishlist.
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17727 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 27 September 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

Didn't play it, but from what I heard, this is yet another take on a 2D Souls-like, with heavy ARPG elements. So I guess the category fits?

Good enough for me.  Ima let it stay here.  Matt, I'd like to see you in my office.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2286 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 27 September 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

It's sort of a toss up, it has elements of both forums.  Steam lists it's genre as action adventure and it does have skills to be upgraded.  It consists of weapon and spell attacks.  It's probably in the right place though there are no roles but one, the Penitent One.  Is there anyone on the forum who has played this game?  I'd like to hear from them.

Could of sworn hearing about this game 2 years ago. Being labeled a Demon Souls type of game. Can't help thinking that the main character looks like Raikoh from Otogi designed for a metroidvania version of Bloodborne.

I heard you need a mac with a i5 faster than a 2500k cpu, so haven't tried it.
What is a man?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blasphemous, steam, mac, linux