Jump to content


update on The Movies?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

Any news on the release date for The Movies?

The Feral site, doesn't seem to get updated very often.

#2 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

View Postthe_cloudgazer, on April 22nd 2006, 09:06 AM, said:

Any news on the release date for The Movies?

The Feral site, doesn't seem to get updated very often.

As mentioned a few thousand times before ;) a release date is only announced near the end of the project when definite dates can be used. The Feral site has news updates on most Fridays with any interesting news.

We don't release weekly news reports saying "we have a new build it is a bit nicer than the last one" as they don't really impart any useful information.

If you want weekly updates just read the line above on Fridays and you will have your finger on the pulse of the development. :)

Once we have some real news we will release it, just items of news focusing on development are not interesting for your average Mac gamer.

That all being said The Movies is progressing well, :) it now loads on all of the new design iMacs regardless of CPU. If you have any specific questions I will try and answer but please remember answering questions will be below working on the game on the priority list.

#3 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

View Postedddeduck, on April 24th 2006, 01:43 PM, said:

As mentioned a few thousand times before ;) a release date is only announced near the end of the project when definite dates can be used. The Feral site has news updates on most Fridays with any interesting news.

We don't release weekly news reports saying "we have a new build it is a bit nicer than the last one" as they don't really impart any useful information.

If you want weekly updates just read the line above on Fridays and you will have your finger on the pulse of the development. :)

Once we have some real news we will release it, just items of news focusing on development are not interesting for your average Mac gamer.

That all being said The Movies is progressing well, :) it now loads on all of the new design iMacs regardless of CPU. If you have any specific questions I will try and answer but please remember answering questions will be below working on the game on the priority list.

Cool - thanks for the reply.

I know patience is a virtue - but I simply don't have any (virtues or patience).

I do like the track the progress of a game.
It kinda hypes me up for the product. It would be nice to know whether we can expect it this year.

But don't worry I'm not gonna pull my hair out in anxiety.

#4 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

View Postthe_cloudgazer, on April 26th 2006, 09:01 AM, said:

Cool - thanks for the reply.

I know patience is a virtue - but I simply don't have any (virtues or patience).

I do like the track the progress of a game.
It kinda hypes me up for the product. It would be nice to know whether we can expect it this year.

But don't worry I'm not gonna pull my hair out in anxiety.

:D - I will try and give you updates when I can so you don't loose any more hair ;)

#5 digt

digt

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

Will I be able to buy and download this game? Will Feral be offering any of their games online like VP does? Thanks, I'm really looking forward for a new sim game since RCT3 is too unstable for me.

#6 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

View Postdigt, on April 26th 2006, 07:56 PM, said:

Will I be able to buy and download this game? Will Feral be offering any of their games online like VP does? Thanks, I'm really looking forward for a new sim game since RCT3 is too unstable for me.

The game will be available to pre-order and buy from our web-store (and other retailers) but just like all
other retailers the game will be available only in physical form. We do offer free international shipping but we currently don't offer any download services for our games.

Cheers,

Edwin

#7 KirinRiotCrash

KirinRiotCrash

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Location:JVille, NC

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

How about any word on the Expansion Pack for The Movies? Is that going to be tested on the Mac port as well?

#8 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

I would imagine that they first will want to see how well the base game sells, before they'll even start thinking about porting expansions.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#9 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:18 AM

Question :

View PostKirinRiotCrash, on May 7th 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

How about any word on the Expansion Pack for The Movies? Is that going to be tested on the Mac port as well?

Answer :

View PostPegasus, on May 7th 2006, 11:48 PM, said:

I would imagine that they first will want to see how well the base game sells, before they'll even start thinking about porting expansions.

Thanks for the answer Pegasus :) More or less nailed on the head, let us finish making the game first before we start to spend time on things like expansion packs and holidays. :)

Edwin

#10 Whaleman

Whaleman

    High Priest of Bork

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Location:The Land of Bork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

View Postedddeduck, on April 26th 2006, 06:53 PM, said:

:D - I will try and give you updates when I can so you don't loose any more hair ;)

Just give him a razor. If he shaves all hair off there's nothing to lose. ;) That gives you more time to work on the current projects :)
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#11 KirinRiotCrash

KirinRiotCrash

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Location:JVille, NC

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:51 AM

I guess that makes sense then when it comes to sales. :)

At the mean time, I could do the unthinkable and copy the EP assets over from a PC to the Mac version and see what happens until an official Mac version of the EP is released. It's just that the Mac version seems to be coming out roughly at the same time as the expansion pack. With that said, us Mac folks might be at a disadvantage when playing the Charts game and we won't have those extra assets. Hmm ... unless there's a seperate chart system on the Mac side, then that's a different ball game there.

#12 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

    Fanatic

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:15 AM

Just read at the macgamestore that the estimated arrival date is in July.
So I clicked over to Feral's site and the had some teaser information about the mini site going live next week and the demo available soon.

Somehow July seems a bit optimistic, but at least the games arrival is on the horizon.

The lot at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter.

#13 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

View Postthe_cloudgazer, on June 9th 2006, 08:15 AM, said:

Somehow July seems a bit optimistic, but at least the games arrival is on the horizon.

Oh you of little faith....

The Movies Mini-site

It cannot be that far away if I can do this....

Lights, Camera, Macintosh! :) - WMV Plugin needed - This was created using the latest Movies beta (and a very tired QA team) so the final script quality of the movie is closer to straight to video than finished article! ;)

The video quality on The Movies Online is lower than the other settings as each user has a strict quota on the server so the smaller the movie the more movies you can host!

After the last 12 months of pain and suffering we are seeing the light again and we are on course to see all you guys and girls playing "The Movies" in July. As you can see from the mini-site we have been hard at it adding in all your usual Feral extras along with iApp intergration with iTunes, Garage Band and iMovie.

We improved movie export options offering WMV (yes :) full Window Media Video support) for the online section so you have complete feature parity with the PC, no second class citizens in this game. Finally the High Quality options use the benefits of Apple Quicktime technology to offer HD resolutions in high res H264.

PC mods should work fine in the Mac version obviously they will not be offically supported but I have been in contact with some of the PC modders and we have left as much of the data files identical as possible to aid in people being able to mod.

For more info check out the 100+MB of trailers and goodies on our site or drop me a message. I am working hard on getting the game finished for all you guys but I promise to try and answer any questions sent my way. :)

All the best,

Edwin

#14 gbafan

gbafan

    Heroic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:05 PM

Wow!  And after seeing the requirements, WOOHOO!  Great work again you guys!

OMG... Full Flip4Mac integration... Amazing.
Advocate for consumer friendly DRM.

#15 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

:sabber: Let me give you a big slobbery kiss! :P

You certainly deserve praise for going the extra mile. Seems like the Mac version will have better application tie-ins than the PC version. :w00t:

I've been really looking forward to this game. Thank you for sweetening the deal so much more!
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#16 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:12 AM

View Postedddeduck, on June 9th 2006, 10:37 AM, said:

Lights, Camera, Macintosh! :) - WMV Plugin needed - This was created using the latest Movies beta (and a very tired QA team) so the final script quality of the movie is closer to straight to video than finished article! ;)

About that movie... I want my money back! :P By the way, I'm sure desktop computers like that were very common in 1951.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#17 KirinRiotCrash

KirinRiotCrash

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Location:JVille, NC

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

Edwin: That's great news! :)

Just thought I'd relay this information to this thread here on the Lionhead Forums: http://allboards.lio...ad.php?t=172898

I'm sure there are people there that might be interested as well.

It's great to see this is coming along quite nicely.

#18 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

I guess you didn't get my beta testing NDA? :(

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#19 edddeduck

edddeduck

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts
  • Location:London, England, UK

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on June 12th 2006, 09:25 AM, said:

I guess you didn't get my beta testing NDA? :(

Yeah we did but nobody out of the office has been testing this game yet so hence no external testers.

Edwin

#20 a2daj

a2daj

    Uberspewer

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3400 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on June 12th 2006, 09:25 AM, said:

I guess you didn't get my beta testing NDA? :(

In the future, you'll probably want to keep these types of comments limited to PMs.  You did sign the NDA  ;)
Dual 2.5 GHz G5-RADEON X800 -4 GB RAM-Revo 7.1
MBP 2.0GHz -Mobility RADEON X1600-2 GB RAM