Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:13 AM

View PostCaryMG, on January 19th 2006, 04:06 PM, said:

1] "SkyFighters 1945" <---- Click To Play

This was don by Don Hill -- the maker of the flatshaded 3D polygonal classic Macintosh computer flight simulator masterpiece "DogFight City".
2] "Fighter Squadron" <---- Click To Order [It [i]is[/i] free, ya just hafta pay a couple of bucks for postage -- I did!]

I too loved DogFight City. Your link to Fighter Squadron is to the Windoze version. Did that make it to the Mac? Trying to remember...

-Hunt'n

#22 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

I don't think it did.

#23 Ben

Ben

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

MacPlay was working on it for a while, but they cancelled it  :angry:

Ben

#24 CaryMG

CaryMG

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:32 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 19th 2006, 08:50 PM, said:

Can anybody tell me how the free CD software site works?  Is that legal or another abandonware site?

It's legal & there's no abandonware -- in that it's been given up on by the creators of the software.
It's abandonware as surplus & they give it away with only paying for the mail necessary.
See for yourself > "FreeCD.Com"

With such a cool offering, they make their money from advertisers who'd wanna reach all the people that come to their site because of the great arrangement.
And they version they're giving away is for PCs which is better than nothing ....

And sorry about the mix-up with the abandonware Macintosh computer flightsimulators & the picture in my sig.

Later!
:)  :)  :)

#25 Hellman

Hellman

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

Huntn...gave an old url for Skyfighters 1945. That's the OS9 version. The correct link for the OSX version is http://donsgames.com...php?page=sf1945

Checked it out!!! Its a great shareware/community sim with free online play and frequent updates. Keep in mind it is in beta as it is an ongoing project. Its not as serious as Targetware or Warbirds but it is still a sim and has decent flight models and its ever evolving with new planes and community MODs.

If you are interested be sure to read through the forums as there are now many community graphic upgrades http://www.donsgames...ewforum.php?f=8

Also check out the links and join us online for some free flying furballs!!!

#26 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:45 AM

View PostHellman, on January 20th 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

Huntn...gave an old url for Skyfighters 1945. That's the OS9 version. The correct link for the OSX version is http://donsgames.com...php?page=sf1945

Hey that wasn't my link.  :P

BTW for anyone checking out current Mac compatible flight sims, see the IMG Flight Sim Roundup 2006.

-Hunt'n