#21 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:52 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on February 10th 2006, 06:33 PM, said:

April of 2004 for me (twice). How's that for a guess. Didn't know it would take almost two years to announce, byt still looking forward to it.

Well done, although I still knew well before you did :P It was hard keeping a secret for that long watching all
you guys speculating away on if it was going to get ported. :)

Edwin

#22 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

View Postedddeduck, on February 13th 2006, 06:52 AM, said:

Well done, although I still knew well before you did :P It was hard keeping a secret for that long watching all
you guys speculating away on if it was going to get ported. :)

Edwin

You had insider info though  :lol:

Can I assume the Mac port will be feature complete; i.e., we'll get Starmaker to mould our neighbours, err, virtual actors with, Edwin? And the inevitable question (from others) ... what about "cheat codes" like editing the unlocking.ini file and getting highest decade set to 2010 and all of the rankprizes set?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#23 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:31 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on February 13th 2006, 04:56 AM, said:

You had insider info though  :lol:

Can I assume the Mac port will be feature complete; i.e., we'll get Starmaker to mould our neighbours, err, virtual actors with, Edwin? And the inevitable question (from others) ... what about "cheat codes" like editing the unlocking.ini file and getting highest decade set to 2010 and all of the rankprizes set?

I don't want to comment in too much detail as we are still in development and I don't want to be hanged later for a quote I make now and later changes but that being said....

We are planning complete feature parity with the PC. One thing I can say is StarMaker works on the Mac. ;)

Cheats will most likely work but not be officially supported just like the PC version.

Edwin

#24 KirinRiotCrash

KirinRiotCrash

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:15 AM

Oooh ... I got a question:

Would it be possible to tranfers certain mod assets from the PC to the Mac without trouble? I highly doubt the Propshop content could be transfered since those are locked on a certain serial key but I'm sure StarMaker data, save games, and the like could be transfered over, right?

#25 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

View PostKirinRiotCrash, on February 13th 2006, 06:15 AM, said:

Oooh ... I got a question:

Would it be possible to tranfers certain mod assets from the PC to the Mac without trouble? I highly doubt the Propshop content could be transfered since those are locked on a certain serial key but I'm sure StarMaker data, save games, and the like could be transfered over, right?

I have read the question, but I cannot answer it yet, all I can tell you we are planning for full support for all PC options.

Edwin

#26 KirinRiotCrash

KirinRiotCrash

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:02 AM

Sorry for bumping up my own thread but I heard that an expansion pack will be hitting the streets soon for the PC version of The Movies. That expansion pack will have Stuntmen and Special Effects and that sort of thing. Will that, in anyway, be compatible with the Mac version?

#27 George K.

George K.

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:33 AM

View PostKirinRiotCrash, on March 4th 2006, 01:02 PM, said:

Sorry for bumping up my own thread but I heard that an expansion pack will be hitting the streets soon for the PC version of The Movies. That expansion pack will have Stuntmen and Special Effects and that sort of thing. Will that, in anyway, be compatible with the Mac version?

At this time, all that Feral can say is wait and see. :innocent: