Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

View PostCougar, on 14 October 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

This guy made a ridiculous script to circumvent the problem: https://robservatory...m-macos-mojave/

Crikey.

I'll just stick to having an Alias to System Preferences in my Dock, and the --ignore command so its not at the top of my software update each time I check it. But yeah ............ its a solution ;)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#182 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2824 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 13 October 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

I checked on the website. When you view your library there, you have under "My Collection" the option to display only recently updated games.

THANK YOU. As you realized, you have to use the web client.

Sadly none of the updates in my library are meaningful- most of them only updated the Windows version, according to the notes. (This includes a Braid update, which got me momentarily excited.) But I've viewed every one to reset the updated count to 0, and I'll keep an eye on it now.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#183 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8473 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:27 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 14 October 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Sadly none of the updates in my library are meaningful- most of them only updated the Windows version, according to the notes. (This includes a Braid update, which got me momentarily excited.) But I've viewed every one to reset the updated count to 0, and I'll keep an eye on it now.
Your games might still have been updated (at least in part). That's what I meant when I wrote that GOG releases these updates silently: there does not only seem to be no mention of the whole process on their website, it's also not reflected in the change logs. To give you some concrete examples: Falcon 3.0 ("Gold"), Wing Commander 1, and SimCity 2000 all have the new wrapper, but the last listed update in their change logs is an added cloud save functionality for Windows.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#184 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 15 October 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Your games might still have been updated (at least in part). That's what I meant when I wrote that GOG releases these updates silently: there does not only seem to be no mention of the whole process on their website, it's not only reflected in the change logs. To give you some concrete examples: Falcon 3.0 ("Gold"), Wing Commander 1, and SimCity 2000 all have the new wrapper, but the last listed update in their change logs is an added cloud save functionality for Windows.

Right, we do this as well. If its just a compatibility update with no change notes, we update-in-place without any notice about it. This is so new downloaders get the new file, while people who already had it installed and running... don't get bothered to update something that would have no changes for them.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#185 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8473 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 01 October 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

I guess that's bad news for 'Rome: Total War'.
Regarding that:

We intend to make ROME: Total War available in 64-bit after the launch of macOS 10.15.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#186 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

'Total War: Napoleon' is now available in Version 1.2.
That means 64-bit and Metal support, but it's now only available on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

#187 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 29 October 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

That means 64-bit and Metal support, but it's now only available on macOS 10.15 Catalina.

Feral. It gives with one hand, and takes away with the other.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#188 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8473 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

The version for earlier versions of macOS is still available, at least on Steam:

Players using a version of OS X before 10.15 can access a compatible version of the game via the Beta tab in the game’s properties window. Select the ‘Mac_Retail_1.1 - macOS 10.14.6 or older only' branch for a version that is compatible with 10.9.5 up to 10.14.6.

Anyway, Rocksmith 2014 Remastered received an surprise 64-bit update. I seriously did not expect that.

#189 galad

galad

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:27 AM

Latest Steam update includes the new horrible library view, and it marks half of my 64bit games as 32bit, and half of the 32bit as 64bit. Oh, and I can't install games on my boot disk because it thinks I have got "0" free space. How can the most used games store app be so crappy.

#190 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4165 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:33 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 30 October 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Anyway, Rocksmith 2014 Remastered received an surprise 64-bit update. I seriously did not expect that.
They just updated Xcode, and tried compiling all the code they had laying around, but with the '64 bit' box checked. Whatever compiled without too many errors, and could be launched without crashing after, got shipped!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#191 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:18 AM

View Postgalad, on 31 October 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

Latest Steam update includes the new horrible library view, and it marks half of my 64bit games as 32bit, and half of the 32bit as 64bit. Oh, and I can't install games on my boot disk because it thinks I have got "0" free space. How can the most used games store app be so crappy.

Makes ya wonder what bottom of the barrel inexperienced coders and designers they actually hire to do their work. Its astounding a huge company with such wealth, cannot even do better than what '2 guys do' at other less funded stores.

And yes, that new Library system they made .... well, if they were wanting to push more people towards Epic Store, that was the way to do it! The reception of the new library (judging by how many posts there are on steam and reddit) ... is NOT well received. Clearly they either completely ignored all their beta testers, or the few beta testers who wrote in were ass-kissing fanbois who wouldn't know a good UI because they were all millennials or something.

Either way.... I can point at so many wrong doings in the design, and so many areas they could have releived stress by just making some settings to toggle 'this piece of popsnizzle on/off'... and god, let me recolor that background. Fuzzy pastel purple with light text has got to be the worst choice!

-Fm [1oM7]

#192 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:51 AM

It's not a good sing in respect to Feral's future games. :unsure:  One will have to chose between playing new games and old 32-bit games.

#193 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:45 PM

I discovered something strange. I bought Metro Last Light Redux and 2033 Redux some time ago but can't play until I buy a new iMac. The requirements on the Steam page says Windows 7 or 8 (64-bit only) and OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks which also is 64-bit so I thought I could play the games with Catalina. Now the Steam page suddenly says "This product is not compatible with Mac OS 10.15 Catalina". The games are also still for sale on App Store and the requirements says 64-bit processor so they should be 64-bit, otherwise Apple would not sell them. So what's going on at Steam? I'm confused.

#194 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostHomy, on 31 October 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

So what's going on at Steam? I'm confused.

The monkeys are banging on the keyboards again I'm afraid ....

-Fm [1oM7]

#195 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 31 October 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

The monkeys are banging on the keyboards again I'm afraid ....
You mean Redux is 64-bit after all? I know the old versions before Redux were not but was sure that Redux versions are. Does anybody have any of them installed and can check?

#196 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:28 PM

Well, from what I've gathered from customer issues, and seeing posts mentioning it .... it looks as if steam has implemented a halt to run games not flagged as Catalina compatible. But ..... they default marked all games as NOT until a dev goes in and flags it correctly (so a lot of games are currently wrongly flagged).

So, this has a side effect of making lots of fine-working games, not be able to be launched.

:rolleyes:

-Fm [1oM7]

#197 galad

galad

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

No, it's still possible to launch 64bit games not marked properly. But there is another bug in Steam that prevent launching games. I have to start the game the first time in Finder, after that I can launch it from Steam too.

#198 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:21 PM

It also now says my graphics card is not supported. I have a 2017 IMac with a Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. So it won't let me get past the launcher. However as usual Feral is all over this and should be fixing that soon. They were already aware of this issue.
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.13.2
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#199 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4165 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:06 AM

I think I am going to wait half a year before doing the "Go through the 32/64 bit column in the owned games spreadsheet" entry on my to do list. Otherwise it will be a complete mess.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#200 jos

jos

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostHomy, on 31 October 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

I discovered something strange. I bought Metro Last Light Redux and 2033 Redux some time ago but can't play until I buy a new iMac. The requirements on the Steam page says Windows 7 or 8 (64-bit only) and OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks which also is 64-bit so I thought I could play the games with Catalina. Now the Steam page suddenly says "This product is not compatible with Mac OS 10.15 Catalina". The games are also still for sale on App Store and the requirements says 64-bit processor so they should be 64-bit, otherwise Apple would not sell them. So what's going on at Steam? I'm confused.

According to the list by mattw in this topic Metro: Last Light is still 32-bit. He's posted his list is in post #8 of this topic:
http://www.insidemac...01

The last update to the Redux versions of both games on the Mac App Store is also from 4 years ago, so I don't think these games have been updated to 64-bit. I do think they look very interesting and I'd like to play them, so let's hope someday they'll be updated to 64-bit (although I don't have much hope for a game that hasn't seen any updates in 4 years) and they'll also port the latest entry in the series to the Mac. How about this latest game? Did they ever say something about Metro: Exodus for the Mac or have we reached the end of the Metro series on the Mac?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 32-bit, 64-bit, mojave, compatibility