#261 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 22 August 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I've always enjoyed ARPGs on console. D3, Torchlight, Sacred 2. It is super smooth to kite around with twin sticks.

Stupid monkey folk and your thumbs!  Bah!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#262 AnasDilshad

AnasDilshad

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

The game has a massive fan following, for a good reason. The franchise has been around for over a decade and it seems as though it'll not be put to rest any time soon

#263 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

Insert opening sentence for article about arbitrary, yet popular, game here.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#264 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:43 PM

Anniversary event celebrating the original game with new dungeon, loots, etc. started January 3rd and will be running to January 30th. They recommend starting a new character for the best experience. I have it for PS4 but havenít touched it yet. I think I might jump in for this stuff while itís running if the mood strikes. Right now Iím having too much fun being a misfit in the US ARMY and kinda had my heart set on either Fable Anniversary or Dead Space 2 on my Xbox One. Thatís a pretty funny choice of two games when I think about it now. I like a lot of different stuff.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#265 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 22 August 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

Stupid monkey folk and your thumbs!  Bah!

Itís surprising how second nature and fun it becomes the more you use one Iíve found. It felt at first like I would just never be able to play a shooter with one and now itís fun. A few games under my belt and itís not awkward anymore. I wouldnít call myself good at it yet but I am managing my second shooter on normal difficulty now and having a great time. The awkwardness does pass and the more you use one, the faster it happens.

#266 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

I could say the same thing about mouse and keyboard.  I have long ago bested the learning curve with mouse and keyboard, I have no need to retool and start afresh as I have no consoles nor plan to buy one and I think the PC market will last longer than I have left to live.  Besides, if a game kicks my ass I eat the mouse and force another at gunpoint out of it's cage to take its place.  Can't do that with a console controller.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#267 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 January 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

I could say the same thing about mouse and keyboard.  I have long ago bested the learning curve with mouse and keyboard, I have no need to retool and start afresh as I have no consoles nor plan to buy one and I think the PC market will last longer than I have left to live.  Besides, if a game kicks my ass I eat the mouse and force another at gunpoint out of it's cage to take its place.  Can't do that with a console controller.

The stubborn is strong with this one.

The comfy couch and the t and v are greater than the pc tBC.

This is all very simple really. I am absolutely correct and anyone who fails to see things my way is not. Thatís just the way it is. And yes, I am a dick. Ha ha!

#268 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

A lovable dick... er, in the most platonic way possible.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#269 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2614 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

They recommend starting a new character for the best experience.

But to unlock adventure mode don't you have to beat the game with that character once? So I'm supposed to start a new character, or use one that I've just finished the base game with?

Unlikely..

Update: I see there's an achievement for beating Diablo in the event with a level 1 character, so I guess adventure mode doesn't work the way I thought.

I played the event this evening-- by the time I realized my difficulty was set too low, I was halfway and didn't want to start over.. I can see for it to feel like Diablo 1 it might be fun to start from scratch.

Edited by Matt Diamond, 07 January 2018 - 08:47 PM.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#270 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 07 January 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

But to unlock adventure mode don't you have to beat the game with that character once? So I'm supposed to start a new character, or use one that I've just finished the base game with?

Unlikely..

Sorry about that. I saw that in an article I read on PC Gamer. When I checked it again just now, either it was edited out or I am even wrong about where I saw it. I donít read PC Gamer at all normally but I get Gamespot newsletters and that might have led me elsewhere and...

Oh, man I think I am rapidly heading for a memory care unit. Anyway, itís the Internetís fault! Sorry to post misinformation.

Donít you just love people who will do anything to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions?

#271 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2614 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 January 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Sorry about that. I saw that in an article I read on PC Gamer. When I checked it again just now, either it was edited out or I am even wrong about where I saw it. I don't read PC Gamer at all normally but I get Gamespot newsletters and that might have led me elsewhere and...

Oh, man I think I am rapidly heading for a memory care unit. Anyway, it's the Internet's fault! Sorry to post misinformation.

Don't you just love people who will do anything to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions?

The fault is mine. When I said "unlikely" I wasn't smacking you down, I was trying to express the fact that I am unlikely to play through the whole game again just to get to this event with a fresh character.  I had no reason to doubt what you posted (and still don't!) Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Furthermore, there seems to be an achievement for finishing the event starting from a level 1 character. That suggests you can start a level 1 character and go right to adventure mode.

I played the event this evening using a high-level character-- by the time I realized my difficulty was set way too low, I was halfway and didn't want to start over.. But I can see that for it to feel like Diablo 1 it might be fun to start from scratch.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#272 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

https://www.gamespot...e/1100-6455872/

See bottom of linked article. It was on GS that I read it after all.

Donít worry. I didnít think you were smacking me down. I just figured I screwed up. lol

Looks like I get to dodge the memory care unit again!

I really should make some time for this. I loved Diablo when it was new.

#273 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 07 January 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Furthermore, there seems to be an achievement for finishing the event starting from a level 1 character. That suggests you can start a level 1 character and go right to adventure mode.

It's my understanding that Adventure Mode is unlocked for all characters, even newly-created characters, once you complete the game, *including* Chapter V. I thought I could just buy the expansion and open Adventure Mode b/c I had previously made it through the base game with a monk, but apparently, I still have to complete the expansion's content (chapter V) first. Oooh fraaaaaadddge. Only I didn't say "Fradge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen mother of dirty words.