Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#241 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 19 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

One for the iOS/mobile gamers:

What do you look for when playing games while travelling?

e.g. Frequent autosaves, stable tilt controls, endless distraction…

For demanding games on the go, an option to tone down visuals to preserve battery life would be nice to have.

Frequent saves are always good on a mobile device even at home. I can just as easily be interrupted here as anywhere else.

Those address features. As for content, I tend to play the likes of Bejeweled 3 or Solitaire in a doctor’s office but for a longer stretch somewhere I prefer the same content I would at home. For iOS that means strategy and role playing games primarily. These games play well with touch controls. AR is neat but I think it’s kind of a fad really because you have to hold the device a certain way aiming at a surface, etc. Personally I find the novelty of it cool but that’s about it. I feel the same way about VR. Headsets aren’t the way. The holodeck is. Too bad I won’t be here for that. Sorry, wandered off topic.

Medieval Total War II for iOS please. Thank you. Oh, and when it becomes possible I would absolutely love the Dawn of War II games for iOS. I’d buy all three of them instantly on release. I realize that may not be technically feasible yet but I figured I’d start the appeals process early.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell