3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3173 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

After a 6-month silence, Doublefine has started posting monthly updates again about Psychonauts 2 on Fig: https://www.fig.co/c...nauts-2/updates
Recent news:
  • Rescheduled to 2021
  • Mac release still planned
  • New kick-ass trailer https://youtu.be/G6SRtNZb_D4 - minor spoiler if you want to play this game cold: the trailer shows off a level
    Spoiler
    voiced by Doublefine's old pal Jack Black (Brütal Legend).
I couldn't be more excited for this game.

p.s. I confirmed last night that the original runs great on Crossover for Catalina.

Edited by Matt Diamond, 15 September 2020 - 06:24 AM.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17727 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 15 September 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

Thanks!

Thanks for posting a fix for Matt's link UmarOMC1, since the original is fixed I will delete your correction and Matt's response. You still got two beans which won't be erased and two thanks which will last forever.

This one took me by surprise.  I'm looking forward to it but it has been so long that I forgot about it!  This was a groundbreaking game and I am going to pick this one up when it goes on sale.  Yes, I am a bargain hunter, like my father before me.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:35 PM

It's looking great, and I'm glad I backed it. DF seemed to have dodged a bullet, though, by being bought by Microsoft. Originally, they had to remove the boss fights. Like Broken Age, the money they asked for was clearly not enough.

#4 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3173 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

View PostCougar, on 15 September 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

DF seemed to have dodged a bullet, though, by being bought by Microsoft.
True. But they've been dodging bullets from the start. From their blog commemorating 20 years:

[Double Fine's] first project was Psychonauts but the development wasn’t entirely smooth sailing as an initial deal with Microsoft went through and it was only a last-minute publishing deal with Majesco that saved the project and the studio.
Now we've come full circle. Long may their uncanny survival continue..

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB