#1 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

Mushware Adanaxis  

So I was browsing the Mac Games on versiontracker and found this game; Adanaxis.
It kinda wowed me, and I thought it looked interesting. I did a search for it here and didn't find any thing so, here you go. Anyone tried it yet?

yo-mike

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#2 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

hmmm... that does look pretty intruiging.

i wonder when well see a AAA title featuring 4D spacial effects... represented in 2D
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#3 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:21 AM

Marathon 2, my friend. Available now for Mac, Windows, Linux, and XBox 360.

#4 Syzygy

Syzygy

Notorious

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Ha ha ... "Add an axis" -- get it?!
Tim Morgan, Flight Sim Guru

#5 Peachey

Peachey

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

I like the concept, but the its not...fluid..enough if you know what I mean.
iMac Core Duo - 1.5 Rams | 1.8 Jiggawatts of Intels | Mac OS 10.4 and Windows XP
iMac G3 - 512 Rams | 400 Jiggawatts of Power PC's | Mac OS 10.4 and Mac OS 9
Posted Image www.davidmckeitch.com

#6 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

View Postteflon, on August 5th 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

hmmm... that does look pretty intruiging.

i wonder when well see a AAA title featuring 4D spacial effects... represented in 2D

heh, this is one goofy game.... I like the trailer better!
Maybe I will look into Marathon 2. Wait a minute is that the free one where you start out in a weed swamp maze? I couldn't find anything. Blah.

I must admit I'm not the biggest FPS shooter fan, I like Action/Adventure; like TR and MYST types best.
But, this Adanaxis thingy looked pretty cool to pop into, so I posted it.
Sorry I wasted anyones time.
(Well, maybe someone like it! Enjoy!)

Ha ha ... "Add an axis" -- get it?!
   Yeah, I think I finally do! :P lol

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#7 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:58 AM

View Postyo-mike, on August 25th 2007, 04:49 PM, said:

Maybe I will look into Marathon 2.
I mentioned it jokingly. The Marathon engine has a "feature" called 5-D space. You can have multiple rooms that occupy exactly the same space in terms of x,y,z co-ordinates, but if there are two players, one in each room, they will not be able to see or interact with each other. There are maps that use this to striking (and often confusing) effect.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

View Postyo-mike, on August 24th 2007, 11:49 PM, said:

Maybe I will look into Marathon 2. Wait a minute is that the free one where you start out in a weed swamp maze? I couldn't find anything. Blah.
It's the free one, but it doesn't have a weed swamp maze in it.  Marathon 2 starts out at on Lh'owon at a water purification facility, there is no maze there.  Mazes in Marathon aren't that bad anyway.  You have an overhead map that shows you the walls of every place you've looked as well as the openings to new places you haven't looked.  You won't find much 5-D space going on in Marathon 2, you need to find some speciality maps that will dazzle, amaze and confuse you... though they can be quite mundane, the windows in a two story building for instance.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on August 25th 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

It's the free one, but it doesn't have a weed swamp maze in it.

Oh! Sorry very tBC... I must have a different game in mind! I just downloaded the Marathon 2 Classic from http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/
Very different from the game I played about 6 mos ago. I like this one! Thanks!
The original one (whatever it was, I think I got the link from MW, don't remember what it
was) But, I couldn't get anywhere with it. All I heard was swamp peepers all ove the place!

View Postthe Battle Cat, on August 25th 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

Marathon 2 starts out at on Lh'owon at a water purification facility, there is no maze there.  Mazes in Marathon aren't that bad anyway.  You have an overhead map that shows you the walls of every place you've looked as well as the openings to new places you haven't looked.  You won't find much 5-D space going on in Marathon 2, you need to find some speciality maps that will dazzle, amaze and confuse you... though they can be quite mundane, the windows in a two story building for instance.
Ya know, we may be onto something here.. You may be recruiting a new Marathon fan here. Doesn't play bad at all in Classic too!
Yaaaaa! What's happening to me!!!??? :cool:

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

View Postyo-mike, on August 25th 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

Ya know, we may be onto something here.. You may be recruiting a new Marathon fan here. Doesn't play bad at all in Classic too!
Yaaaaa! What's happening to me!!!??? :cool:
You are becoming assimilated by one of the best early games ever to hit the Mac, that's what's happening to you.  You don't have to play it in Classic.  You can download Aleph One and play it in OSX.  Simply drop the Aleph One app into your Marathon 2 folder and double click on Aleph One.  It has much better mouse control that way as well as many other advantages.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat