1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric D.V.H.

Eric D.V.H.

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Ever since I got my stick & pedals, I've been eager to get an OS X game that can use them. X2 is especially nifty looking because of how much I loved Descent (Whither D3X?), Terminus, and Escape Velocity. Unfortunately, while it recognizes and responds to my controllers, it absolutely won't let me reconfigure them from the wonky defaults.

Whenever I try to alter the controls, it gives me some line of nonsense about a maximum of 10 axis/buttons per device and refuses to save changes. It even does this if I attempt to hit "Save" WITHOUT altering anything! It does this no matter what combination of controllers I have plugged in when I start it (even just the mouse and keyboard with nothing else).

I've normally got an Apple Pro USB mouse, Apple USB keyboard, Macally iShock gamepad, Interact Hammerhead FX gamepad, Logitech Extreme 3D stick, Logitech Wingman GP wheel/pedals, and a Griffin iMate ADB-USB adapter (for my Apple Extended II keyboard (the lord of all keyboards, bow down to it and its one true successor!), video projector, and Wacom UD6x8 tablet) hooked up.

If anyone knows why the X2 demo won't let me reconfigure my controls, I'd be really grateful.

Eric,

#2 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

Te full version of X2 wouldn't let me change the controls. I'd always get an error about too many buttons being mapped or something.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive