27 replies to this topic

#21 |420| Harm

|420| Harm

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:09 PM

Once you go WoW...you can NEVER EVER go back...thats been my experience. I haven't really played games this year (too much school and work) but WoW has changed everything. Now I stay up to 3AM playing. Yesterday I played for over 5 hours.

-Skumancer

The game is very good yes. And you become more and more addicted to your charactor as it grows....pure marketing genius.

#22 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

Wow, I don't get it... an online game that you not only have to buy, but ALSO pay a MONTHLY FEE!?

No thanks.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#23 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

Wow, I don't get it... an online game that you not only have to buy, but ALSO pay a MONTHLY FEE!?

No thanks.

Quick news flash. This is an MMORPG you know. To be able to provide the players with proper running servers they need money with which to buy the bandwidth. No money = no servers = dead game.

And to put my two cents in... I would really love to play this game sometime, but I don't have enough time to invest into such a venture. Therefore I'll have to forego on WoW for now.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#24 machineman

machineman

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:23 AM

Pegasus, on December 19th 2004, 09:03 PM, said:

No thanks.

Quick news flash. This is an MMORPG you know. To be able to provide the players with proper running servers they need money with which to buy the bandwidth. No money = no servers = dead game.

And to put my two cents in... I would really love to play this game sometime, but I don't have enough time to invest into such a venture. Therefore I'll have to forego on WoW for now.

View Post

The nice thing about WoW is that as a casual gamer, you can play whenever you like and not feel like you are falling behind. Literally, if you have 15 minutes to play one day you can log in and do a small quest... this is the reason this is the firs MMO game I have been able to play.

Not to mention it is, as others have mentioned, completely addictive. The more you play, the more you want to play! Just exploring the lands is incredible... or the sheer fright of not being able to enter a zone because there's a 40 foot demon standing in your way. Very excited! It combines the best elements of Myst (sense of exploring, discovery) and Lord of the Rings (story, lore), except you actually live it.

#25 Macster

Macster

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:12 AM

Yes, the game is very much for all sorts of players. Since I am playing 2 mmos atm (FFXI and WoW) I find the setup for WoW much more rewarding than FFXI for casual play.

I dont play it often just when I've had my fill of chocobos and airships. When I do log on I can select any of the characters ive made, immediatley find a quest I can undertake and usually in the hour or so that it takes to do that I mabe level at least once and actually complete 3 or 4 quests (^^)v

Overall the people have been friendly and a quick question on the chat bar gets answered fairly quickly.

Some people are rude but it is no different then FFXI where all sorts of people run around, some friendly and some that should be band (>.<)

So for rather modest investments of time I actually get somewhere and feel as though I've made progress. FFXI is not so forgiving, a modest investment in time equals getting maybe accross one or two maps, finding some quest item or monster and then failing miserably cause you discover too late that you needed 3 lvl 75 to help you. So you acheive nothing other than a feeling of..."I need to lvl to 75 to try it again" lol. But that game is addicting too and so far I do play it more because I have to invest more time in it to get anywhere. Once I reach a few more goals I will probably switch to WoW full time.

I am on Dragonblight btw.

#26 IPY da Pinhead

IPY da Pinhead

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:02 AM

Macster, on January 13th 2005, 12:12 AM, said:

I am on Dragonblight btw.

Woohoo - another mac user :) Give "Xavion" a lookup on Dragonblight, level 49 and questing along.

#27 BlueStorm

BlueStorm

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:01 AM

I've been playing Everquest for Mac, for not all that long.  I've considered playing World of Warcraft, but you can't even buy a copy in the store anymore.    Does anyone know when Blizzard will actually put more copies on the shelf?

BS.

#28 iEvan

iEvan

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 357 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:31 AM

BlueStorm, on January 25th 2005, 01:01 AM, said:

I've been playing Everquest for Mac, for not all that long.  I've considered playing World of Warcraft, but you can't even buy a copy in the store anymore.    Does anyone know when Blizzard will actually put more copies on the shelf?

BS.

View Post

There was the comment on Slashdot (tech news site) that Blizzard has actually asked some vendors to hold off on putting new copies on the shelves until they fix their server issues. I'm sure you've checked all your local gaming stores, but I'm sure sooner (rather than later) copies will start to appear. This isn't the fastest selling game for no reason  :)

Perhaps try ordering from EB.com, or Amazon.com?

Remember guns don't kill people... Pfhor do.