#21 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8274 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

I have noticed a bug when playing skirmishes on the Carib map - and only on this map (at least until now): the coastline of at least one island isn't drawn properly. Instead of the surf, I only see a black outline. Seems to be a shader bug.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#22 Nicholas

Nicholas

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:25 AM

View PostJanichsan, on January 9th 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

I have noticed a bug when playing skirmishes on the Carib map - and only on this map (at least until now): the coastline of at least one island isn't drawn properly. Instead of the surf, I only see a black outline. Seems to be a shader bug.
I've only had one problem with AoE 3 - where all the graphics were suddenly corrupted - it happened around 15 minutes into a multi-player game.

I have had problems with 54g wireless networks - there are long pauses every so often (which, I presume, is due to the fact that 54g networks are slow...).  It can be solved (mostly) using a Pre-N system (but then I find that First To Fight doesn't play properly)...
My web site & Blog - Good for what ails you...

#23 Kimi

Kimi

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

There still the bug with the train on the trade routes. When it goes off the map, it the carriages go all jumpy; they don't follow the tracks smoothy, but jump along them as they disappear. It was a bug in the PC version ages ago when I played it, and looks like it's still here.

#24 Nicholas

Nicholas

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

View PostKimi, on January 13th 2007, 02:15 PM, said:

There still the bug with the train on the trade routes. When it goes off the map, it the carriages go all jumpy; they don't follow the tracks smoothy, but jump along them as they disappear. It was a bug in the PC version ages ago when I played it, and looks like it's still here.
Its always done that - even with the latest PC update - I wouldn't really call it a bug though.

#25 nin808

nin808

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

Wow, lo and behold another big bug. I was playing in the campaign (chasing Sahim in the Yucatan) and my units got stuck at the native camp. I built a trading post, and then there was combat near it. Somehow a group of my units got stuck in the trading post – including my Explorer! I tried deleting the trading post to see if that would free them up – no good. They were still stuck on the land. Between this and all the shader problems, I'm getting really annoyed. I know I'm not the only one having these problems, and I'm pretty sure we didn't pay to be beta testers.  :angry:

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8274 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

View Postnin808, on January 16th 2007, 04:06 PM, said:

Wow, lo and behold another big bug. I was playing in the campaign (chasing Sahim in the Yucatan) and my units got stuck at the native camp. I built a trading post, and then there was combat near it. Somehow a group of my units got stuck in the trading post – including my Explorer! I tried deleting the trading post to see if that would free them up – no good. They were still stuck on the land. Between this and all the shader problems, I'm getting really annoyed. I know I'm not the only one having these problems, and I'm pretty sure we didn't pay to be beta testers.  :angry:
This stuck-in-or-between-buildings-bug happens quite often and is not exclusive to the Mac version.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 Zorro777

Zorro777

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:11 AM

Regarding the shift-click issue, I was able to get it to work for me if I held it down after I selected the building.

I have had the deck issues but only when I was using the Spanish home city. The rest are fine.

I have a problem reviewing the post game report sometimes. The screen reverts to an underlayer of graphics, usually mostly dark, and no report.

One weird problem I have is units getting stuck partly into a building and not able to move in or out. They just seem to get that way all on their own. Once I had an outpost wagon hang up in a Native encampment. It could spin in circles but couldn't build itself and couldn't move out.

Otherwise, this is an amazingly beautiful game!! :lol:

#28 Nicholas

Nicholas

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

I presume people are email MacSoft about the problems ?

#29 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:31 AM

Yep, I can confirm that trying to use high quality shadows is messed up on the X800. It's weird that they're fine when the game's paused.  Obviously, they should work OK normally; there's no technical reason for it.  Also, trying to use FSAA results in freezes so hard I have to reset the computer.  At least you can get around that by enabling FSAA using ATI Displays instead of using the in-game options...the shadow thing is annoying though.

--Eric

#30 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:01 PM

I got a reply from MacSoft..."We are working on an update for Age of Empires III and I will make sure the developers are aware of your issues", in part.  Sounds good...everyone who has problems, make sure you email them.  They are nice guys and don't bite.  Usually.  Maybe we can get working shadows....

--Eric

#31 Brtnboarder495

Brtnboarder495

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Well I've realized that multiplayer on GR is more bugged than I thought, and I never recieved an email from Macsoft, so if someone could compile the bugs in this thread and email them to Macsoft that would be greatly appreciated.

#32 jaykay

jaykay

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

I've had a major re-occurring issue when playing multiplayer aoe3 on a lan, it keeps quitting out of the game after about twenty minutes or less saying its 'out of sync'. Its a real pain in the ass. Ive heard that its been an issue on the pc version as well, but that a patch fixed it. Hopefully this patch new mac patch will fix it.

Jonny.

#33 iBoy

iBoy

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

hi!
i noticed 1 main problem since few days: i can't play anymore a multiplayer game, each time i try to join, the game is quiting while it's connecting (the AOE3's "connecting" windows)!
I really wonder why!
i deleted the pref but nothing changed, it worked perfectly before and i didn't change anything on my mac!

#34 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

Well!  The high quality shadows glitch is history thanks to the patch.  Now my only complaint is that it doesn't turn off Exposť hot corners.  ;)

--Eric

#35 Stratomac

Stratomac

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostBrtnboarder495, on January 1st 2007, 08:50 PM, said:

I've noticed many bugs or issues with the mac version of AoE3 just from coming from a PC to a mac.  I think it's best that we compile any bugs that we notice so that we can make it easy for Macsoft to fix them and patch the game ASAP.  I'll start with mine:

- Shift-Clicking does not work at all.  This is when you hold the shift key and click different commands, so that once a unit finishes it's current action, it automatically moves onto the next.
- As with AoM, the delete key does not delete buildings or units.

Please add yours so that we can make it easier to identify the current glitches and bugs :)

Cheers.

The patch fixed my main issue; the out of sync errors between Intel and PPC Macs.  For a while, I believe they thought I was crazy with my harebrained musings. ;)

The other main issue we've had has yet to be fixed, and that is the HUD missing multiple mouse clicks. Whenever we try to click, say, a button such as the signal flare, it sometimes takes multiple clicks to get it to register -- and that can be crucial to winning at times. The Intel Mac user who plays with us (the two, behind-the-times PPC users) doesn't seem to have the issue.

Another issue is that, when clicking in the minimap, the game will at times take us somewhere other than where we've clicked -- try the opposite side of the map.  :glare:

At least, however, we can finally finish a game -- thanks for taking care of that part, MacSoft! I hope we will see another patch in the coming weeks which will tune the gameplay interface.

#36 Stratomac

Stratomac

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

View PostiBoy, on January 26th 2007, 01:13 PM, said:

hi!
i noticed 1 main problem since few days: i can't play anymore a multiplayer game, each time i try to join, the game is quiting while it's connecting (the AOE3's "connecting" windows)!
I really wonder why!
i deleted the pref but nothing changed, it worked perfectly before and i didn't change anything on my mac!

Did your IP change? Try (if you use one) setting the router to DMZ mode and see if that helps.