civ.4 warlord

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 cromagnon-wonderland

cromagnon-wonderland

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

i bought warlord yesterday.... very nice game! but a lot of bugs!!!  :bleedingeyes:
in 5 hours i found:

-black world when starting a game (twice 4 me)

-try to update your software via the advanced option.... it make u download a v208 ... but a EXE a pc update?

- some bug with the mouse. u click somewhere and the graphic go somewhere else

dual 2Ghz G5
RAM: 1.5gb

#2 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

View Postcromagnon-wonderland, on November 24th 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

-black world when starting a game (twice 4 me)

What type video card do you have?  ATI?

-try to update your software via the advanced option.... it make u download a v208 ... but a EXE a pc update?

Sounds like it's WAD; however, it should connect to Aspyr's host site IMHO.  Also, there is no update available for the Mac version atm.

- some bug with the mouse. u click somewhere and the graphic go somewhere else

Make a bug report here.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#3 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

View Postdojoboy, on November 24th 2006, 05:21 PM, said:

Sounds like it's WAD; however, it should connect to Aspyr's host site IMHO.  Also, there is no update available for the Mac version atm.
I've posted a bug report on this. The Mac version hasn't been changed from pointing at GameSpy's update servers for the Windows version. What's WAD ?

#4 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:31 PM

View PostAlanH, on November 24th 2006, 04:05 PM, said:

I've posted a bug report on this. The Mac version hasn't been changed from pointing at GameSpy's update servers for the Windows version. What's WAD ?

Working As Designed

#5 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:38 AM

View Postdojoboy, on November 24th 2006, 09:31 PM, said:

Working As Designed
Well, my ticket was closed, with:

Thank you for contacting us. At this time all updates will be found directly from support.aspyr.com. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
So I guess WAD is about right ... as designed by Firaxis.

#6 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:41 AM

I'm curious as to whether the in-game email feature, for PBEM games, is working properly.  Very convenient feature, helps move along those early game turns.

#7 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:21 PM

Sorry about the in-game update downloading a PC .exe- when the game went through our testing, Firaxis hadn't released any PC patches, so it completely slipped by us (clicking the update button did nothing at that point :) ).   We'll clean that up in a update, and as Supoprt emailed, we'll post patches like usual on the Aspyr site.

We've got a Warlords and regular Civ 4 patch in the works, to roll in some PC fixes, add a couple new optimizations, and just generally tie up some more loose ends.  The crazy black textures thing keeps popping up, every time we fix it one place it creeps up in some other random video card/OS config.  OpenGL under OS X just really doesn't like some of the things Civ 4 wants to do!

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#8 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the post Glenda.   :)

#9 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Ahh yes, the black texture thing.  That's happened to me a few times on my Mac Pro w/ Radeon x1900.  It usually happens if I've played for a few hours straight and the only thing that fixes it is quiting.

#10 Pnin

Pnin

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

Instead of quiting, pan back to the highest point and then zoom in again. That always works for me.

#11 cromagnon-wonderland

cromagnon-wonderland

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

something strange happened to me yesterday....  in the middle on the game i losed tewchnology...  well the tech was there but i could not build boat, plane, and motorized tank , cannon,... i quit the game and came baclk and everything was ok....  strrrrrraaaaaaaanggggggggeeeee bug!

:blink:

#12 schwa

schwa

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

So, the Warlords manual makes reference to the "Pause" key pausing the game, something I've been sorely wishing for in Civ IV (not just running in windowed mode, but actually freeing up its processor usage). No dice.

Is this supposed to be working?

#13 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3923 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:34 AM

View PostPnin, on November 26th 2006, 04:47 AM, said:

Instead of quiting, pan back to the highest point and then zoom in again. That always works for me.
OoohhHH - Gotta try this one out in the CivIV regular!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#14 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8213 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on November 29th 2006, 04:34 PM, said:

OoohhHH - Gotta try this one out in the CivIV regular!
That works. I can confirm it.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#15 jtonn

jtonn

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:21 PM

I played it for about 4 hours today on my (early 2006) MBP. I quit in disappointment.

The sound issues are still prevalent. At least I didn't get that one-time random screech that always scared the bejeezus out of me. As time went on, I kept losing more and more sounds. Eventually, I even lost Mr. Nimoy's quips upon discovery of new technologies.  

The black ice and black units problem popped up after about 3 hours of playing. Unfortunately, the zoom out trick didn't fix it.  

I want to like this game so badly (I've been a fanatic going all the way back to Civ I), but there are just so many little things that go wrong that detract from the experience.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Brad's (and everyone else's) hard work in getting this version out so quickly, but the QA team definitely needs some assistance.

Just my 2.

#16 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

View Postjtonn, on November 30th 2006, 08:21 PM, said:

I played it for about 4 hours today on my (early 2006) MBP. I quit in disappointment.

The sound issues are still prevalent. At least I didn't get that one-time random screech that always scared the bejeezus out of me. As time went on, I kept losing more and more sounds. Eventually, I even lost Mr. Nimoy's quips upon discovery of new technologies.  

The black ice and black units problem popped up after about 3 hours of playing. Unfortunately, the zoom out trick didn't fix it.  

I want to like this game so badly (I've been a fanatic going all the way back to Civ I), but there are just so many little things that go wrong that detract from the experience.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Brad's (and everyone else's) hard work in getting this version out so quickly, but the QA team definitely needs some assistance.

Just my 2.

And, your system is what?

#17 sleyes

sleyes

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:15 PM

Has anyone else had the weird attack animation bug? I never noticed this in "plain" Civ4, but Warlords is occasionally "losing" the position of the attacking unit; that is, normally, the attacker moves onto the target space (or the defender moves out to meet the attacker) and they slug each other a few times, then one dies... but once in a while (every 30th battle or so) the 3d attacker will "jump" to a point off-screen - the defender will turn to face him, but you wait about 5-10 seconds for the attacker to run across the entire map (pretty silly seeing a footsoldier run across the english channel to attack).

It's not a game-breaker, by any means. just a little annoying. I could easily just turn off attack animations, but I figure, hey, they put all this d*mn 3d-code into this puppy, i might as well get something out of it.

Now, if we could just mix the advanced 3d of Civ4 or AoE3 and the depth/complexity of Dominions3, wow...

#18 jtonn

jtonn

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:51 AM

View Postdojoboy, on November 30th 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

And, your system is what?
Sorry, MBP = MacBook Pro

#19 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3460 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:03 AM

View Postjtonn, on December 3rd 2006, 08:51 AM, said:

Sorry, MBP = MacBook Pro

From what I've read, the Macbooks integrated Intel Graphics creates issues.  I'm assuming the Macbook Pro is similar.  Be sure to make reports here.  I don't now what Aspyr can do about it, but... .  I'm sure they're already aware of it.

#20 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:37 AM

View Postdojoboy, on December 3rd 2006, 09:03 AM, said:

From what I've read, the Macbooks integrated Intel Graphics creates issues.  I'm assuming the Macbook Pro is similar.

You know what they say about assuming.  And they're right.  :)  The Macbook Pro and the iMac are basically the same machine, aside from the form factor.  (i.e., they both have an X1600.)

--Eric