102 replies to this topic

#21 Dark uk

Dark uk

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:14 AM

I've found afew browser ones that will be added shortly. One of them I have started playing called Dark Throne, its not like other MMORPGs, no graphics in it.

I like it and if you want to give it ago you could click here> http://www.darkthron...345C30379N30362. That link is a referal link to my person which means if you sign up I will get some gold etc for bringing you to the game. Now you dont have to click that link but It could be your little way of saying "thanks for hunting out and collecting MMO for us to play".

Thanks,

#22 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

Legend of the Green Dragon  http://www.lotgd.net  *browser based, no graphics*

If you want to give me a referral (minimal in-game bonus) use this link instead.  This game is surprisingly fun for being text-based.  The only quibble I have with it is that the chat system is pretty primitive (have to click a "refresh" link in order to see anything people are saying), so the social aspect of the game is scaled down.

And if you like the system but don't like the game, the script it's running on is open-sourced, so you could conceivably host your own version.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#23 muzein

muzein

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

XxtraLarGe, on May 27th 2005, 08:35 AM, said:

Would any of these work on a 400 MHz iMac w/8 MB Rage Orion?

View Post

That's what my sister plays Puzzle Pirates on.  It lags a bit at times, but still very playable.  I encourage you to checkout the game, it's very different, but a lot of fun once you "get it".  Since every activity in the game is sort of its own mini-game, there is always something refreshing to do.

#24 Morrigan

Morrigan

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

can someone post screens of games like ogreisland? i really hate signing up for something where i see nothinhg but a splash/login page by which to base my opinion of the game.

#25 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

Morrigan, on June 3rd 2005, 09:20 AM, said:

can someone post screens of games like ogreisland? i really hate signing up for something where i see nothinhg but a splash/login page by which to base my opinion of the game.

Ditto that!  I went off about this in another topic, otherwise I'd rant about it. :D
Ian
IMG Flunky

#26 Erica Marceau

Erica Marceau

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

MacProject, on May 27th 2005, 09:28 AM, said:

Clan Lord should, provided you get the OS9 version.  It's strictly 2D with minimal graphics and sound effects, but if you're willing to put the time and effort into it, you may end up liking it:

Clan Lord currently only runs on Apple Macintosh computers. The requirements are 32 megs of RAM and system 7.5 or higher. A 100 MHz PowerPC or faster is recommended.

View Post

There is an OSX version of Clan Lord and it works great with Tiger and it uses OpenGL so the graphics are improved over where they were a while ago.

There's also a Java version in testing so Clan Lord will hopefully be available to all computers.

#27 Dark uk

Dark uk

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:09 PM

I would post a screenshot of ogreisland but it wont let me login anymore for somre reason. Somthing about running too many scripts? Anyway If i can log back in I'll get a screen shot up.

#28 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Erica Marceau, on June 3rd 2005, 05:41 PM, said:

There is an OSX version of Clan Lord and it works great with Tiger and it uses OpenGL so the graphics are improved over where they were a while ago.

View Post

I thought the Open GL was an unofficial client that was/is still in testing?

#29 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

If things haven't changed since last I played, the Open GL client for Clan Lord was a third party project that only worked with certain video cards and got broken every other OS update or so.

The only supported client is the one from Delta Tao, but if the Open GL one will work, then it's probably way better.
Ian
IMG Flunky

#30 Mac_d00d307

Mac_d00d307

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

Just a quick question, does anyone still play Everquest on Mac?
eMac 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9600, 150 GB HD Mac OS 10.4.7
iPod 5G 60 GB Black :D

Look if you dare...
Some serious ASCII Lovin'

#31 Dark uk

Dark uk

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:29 AM

Yes click here to see them all.

#32 macpete

macpete

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Steam ID:pcristofol

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

Today I've discovered Graal Online:

http://graalonline.com/

To join the Graal Online servers you have to pay a one-time fee of 29 $ but there's a trial option:

Once you receive your login name and password, you can immediately log in to Graal in Trial Mode. In this mode you move around as a Ghost Observer (see picture) most of the time. This means that you can watch what other players do but cannot interact with them (talk or play)

It runs pretty well on my G4 MDD but when the screen scrolls the display refreshes a bit jerkily ...

Pietro Cristofoli
Ora d'Aria Team
tumblr

-------------------

#33 waam

waam

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

To tell you the truth, EQ is doing great :)

No there aren't as many Mac players in EQ as there is in WoW by far, but what you have is a very loyal bunch of gamers who will continue to play the game, and many new people each month who jump in and try the game because it's now got a free 30 day trial.  Most the people who give the game a chance stay.

If you want to see the most helpful players and one of the best and most respectful MMO communities, I know its been said over and over again, but EQ is where it's at my friend :)

#34 OneButton

OneButton

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

http://www.dofus.com/en/
12" Powerbook 1.33 G4, 1.25gig RAM, Combo drive, 60gig 4200 rpm HD, 64mb nVidia Geforce FX go5200

Current Mac games in process of finishing: UT 2004

#35 macpete

macpete

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Steam ID:pcristofol

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:00 AM

Adellion by Honorbound.

It seems very promising and the beta phase should start soon ... take a look at their website.

Some infos from the FAQ:

What is Adellion?
Adellion, a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game), is in development by HonourBound Ltd, and set in a world called Adellion. Adellion is played via the internet with thousands of other people. Compared to other MMORPGs, Adellion is dedicated to providing a consistent, yet dynamic role-playing environment. For further details, please read the About section of Adellion's website and the remainder of this FAQ.

Is the Game out yet?
No. The game has not yet been released so cannot be currently played. It is currently undergoing a closed alpha test as we bring in more features.

When is the Beta/Release?
Beta and release are still undetermined at this time, but we have started alpha testing and have invited a select group of testers to participate.

Will Adellion only be a PC based game or will it be available in the future for X-Box, PS2 or Nintendo?
Adellion will be available on PC, Linux and Macintosh when first released. There are no plans to make it available on consoles.

Pietro Cristofoli
Ora d'Aria Team
tumblr

-------------------

#36 Erica Marceau

Erica Marceau

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

George the Flea, on June 6th 2005, 11:24 AM, said:

If things haven't changed since last I played, the Open GL client for Clan Lord was a third party project that only worked with certain video cards and got broken every other OS update or so.

The only supported client is the one from Delta Tao, but if the Open GL one will work, then it's probably way better.

View Post

Delta Tao has a client that will work for Mac OS 9 and one for Mac OS X and now has Open GL support so you don't have to go to any third-party client. It doesn't break every update and while it may not work with all video cards (especially those without Open GL support) it's very stable.

In addition, Windows testing is opening up this weekend.

#37 iNytrous

iNytrous

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

Dofus http://www.dofus.com*subscription upgrade available*

#38 Saniok

Saniok

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:22 AM

I run a list of the one I find and play at http://homepage.mac....mmo/macmmo.html.

#39 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:21 PM

This is more of a MMO strategy game, but its worth checking out. It is totally browser based.

http://www.ogame.org

It's pretty neat. It is free, but you can upgrade your account for a monthly fee.

You start with one planet, but you can expand.

Some of the people who play are a little hard to put up with, and take being attacked personally, but if you find a good alliance, it is quite a bit of fun.

Edit: For some reason, I couldn't create a new game using Safari, because the page wouldn't load, but it works find with Firefox.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#40 CaryMG

CaryMG

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

What a cool topic!

Here's a list of free MUSEs.
I guess ya can go te each one & see if they're for Macintosh computers or not > Free MUSEs

And I'm utterly fascinated by this one.
It's called "Roma Victor" & it's about Rome at it's height.
It's due in April.
Click here ta see it > "Roma Victor"

Later!
:)  :)  :)