2 replies to this topic

#1 bkendig

bkendig

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

I'm having a problem with Homeworld 2 where it slows down my Mac's mouse pointer after I quit the game. I'm guessing this is a bug in the game whereby it slows down the mouse when I launch it, but forgets to reset the speed when I quit. It's only a nuisance - it means I have to go into System Preferences and speed up the mouse again every time I'm done playing - but it's really a nuisance. I see at 'http://www.insidemac...pic.php?t=17427' that other people are seeing this problem, too.

I reported this to Aspyr's tech support, and they mailed me back saying that the problem isn't one they can easily reproduce. They told me to go into Energy Saver and set my processor setting to Highest, to run Disk Utility and do a permissions repair, and to remove and reinstall the game. I suppose I'll try that, though I suspect it won't have any effect on the problem.

But I want to ask here - is anyone else seeing their mouse slowed down after they quit HW2? Or is anyone NOT seeing their mouse slowed down after they quit?

And if you ARE seeing the problem, would you please go to the Aspyr support form at 'http://www.aspyr.com...p?p_game_id=128' and report it, so tech support doesn't think I'm making this up?

#2 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

heh, i emailed them about this a while ago and they finally mailed me back today and told me the exact same thing.  The mouse setting changes and you have to manually set it back, that's annoying, but i've grown accustomed to the slow mouse.
"Nothing here but us text"

#3 Gafgarion

Gafgarion

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1418 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:58 AM

I played HW2 at a friend's house today and he complained that the mouse pointer sped up greatly after quitting Homeword 2 (which it most definitely did)