3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Yanovich

Michael Yanovich

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:05 PM

just got the game, ran the first tutorial, had problems in same place both times I ran it.

Tutorial goes through camera controls, how to focus on selected units by pressing middle mouse button (works fine), says to focus on an unselected ship by pressing option while left clicking (works fine), then says to press the "OK" button to continue.

Stops working.

I can use the keyboard just fine, like pressing O to open the ojectives screen. But I can't use the mouse to click "OK" -- the pointer moves, but the left button stops working on any menu item. And there seems to be no keyboard shortcut for the "OK" button, which means I have to force quit to get out (hitting cmd-Q brings up the quit menu, but can't use mouse to click the "OK" button there either).

Anyone else having this problem?

#2 Pnin

Pnin

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:22 PM

There isn't much in the way of changing options for the mouse, but there are numerous keyboard options. I had no problems with my mouse keyboard. I don't need to tell you that the 3D aspect certainly places extra challenges in terms of navigating the interface. I had numerous problems finding and tracking ships until I remembered to press "F" to get my camera focused back on the selected ships. It was a hoot to follow my interceptors and bombers as the detroyed the enemy in the first mission. My only problem thus far was with the sound breaking up, as it has tended to do with Age of Mythology. My fix is to save and relaunch, after which is didn't appear except may every fifth session of playing.

#3 Michael Yanovich

Michael Yanovich

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:47 PM

Well, I just can't find a way to hit "OK" with the keyboard, which would solve the problem. Did you do the turorial? Did you get stuck  in that area? I've been stuck in the same spot several times now (at least 4), so it's not something I can figure out easily. Sigh.

#4 Pnin

Pnin

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:13 PM

I wish I could offer you some real advice on the mouse problem. i did the tutorial and the first mission.So far the game has no major problems for me. Perhaps it's your mouse and mouse driver. i have a Kesington. If the mouse is problem free with other games and apps i would contact Aspyr.