#41 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

yves, on November 19th 2005, 02:34 PM, said:

im lookin for the command to make shooting in sof pixel precise.
ive used it before but lost it with reinstall and now i cant find it anymore
on the pc side it is turned on by default but for some reason the mac version isnt
can anybody help me or correct me with better info
yves

View Post

Someone stole yves's shift key, the . key and the ' key!

#42 yves

yves

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

tomatocow thats just the least constructive reply ive had in all my life :)
speaking of life: dont u have something better with your "life" (mind the quotes)to do then correct people that dont write like your momma told they should?
i dare u to a game of sof2CTF 1on1 and if u win ill promise on my lucky star that i will never be slack in punctuation on this forum ever again BUT if i win u have to try and learn dutch after wich u have to get familiar with dutch messenger shortcuts and appologize to me in dutch messenger slang.
yves

#43 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

lol... i think thats a bet!!!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17553 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

Ives has a beef with Tomatocow!  Better hoof it before you are utterly destroyed Ives!  One look at Tomatocow's leathery features and you have to know he will lock horns with you.  Prepare to be trampled!  I'll steak Tomatocow's reputation on this bet because I herd he's tough.  You won't see hide nor hair of him, and he will milk your fear.  So take my advice and steer clear of the cow.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:47 AM

*groan*

Yah, I'd hate to be gored on a cow's horns.

(...and remember, my blood is up! [inside joke])

Inside... heh heh.

(*groan*)

#46 yves

yves

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:47 PM

battle cat my name is spelled "yves" not Ives and for that i also challenge you to a game of sof2!
really...can we get started fraggin 'ere please im dyin to "pwn teh poo outta u" :P

#47 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:05 AM

STEER PILE ON YVES!! :)

#48 yves

yves

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

ok before u guyz "steer pile" all over me would somebody mind explaining that phrase to me?

#49 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:36 AM

Variant of 'dogpile' or 'pigpile'- piling on, ganging up on.

BC can 'splain further. :)

#50 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17553 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

nuh unh
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#51 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

the Battle Cat, on November 21st 2005, 10:52 AM, said:

nuh unh
Spell it right next time then? :glare:

#52 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

yves, on November 19th 2005, 05:34 AM, said:

im lookin for the command to make shooting in sof pixel precise.
ive used it before but lost it with reinstall and now i cant find it anymore
on the pc side it is turned on by default but for some reason the mac version isnt
can anybody help me or correct me with better info
yves

View Post

Yeah I remember this problem. I also remember that someone gave me the solution on these forums. Very simple mouse commands to fix it up. I just did a search for it and it seems that the thread is too old. Someone must remember the CL settings for smooth mouse...

#53 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Probably to be found at Planet Soldier of Fortune 2.

#54 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:29 AM

monkeyphonix, on November 23rd 2005, 04:33 AM, said:

Yeah I remember this problem. I also remember that someone gave me the solution on these forums. Very simple mouse commands to fix it up. I just did a search for it and it seems that the thread is too old. Someone must remember the CL settings for smooth mouse...

View Post

anymore on this..?
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)

#55 Mr.Rogue

Mr.Rogue

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:15 PM

Hi guys, its been a long time since I last played SOF II, but I read this thread and thought that these might help:

cl_mouseAccel "x". You can use this option to set whether or not your pointer moves at a greater rate during periods of faster tracking. Valid values for the acceleration level are 0 10, with 0 being no acceleration, though personally Id recommend leaving this set to 0.

cl_sensitivity "x". x determines the sensitivity of the X & Y (Horizontal & vertical) axis of the mouse, with a range of 0 10. Using a higher value improves mouse responsiveness along the X & Y-axis although may make more accurate movement awkward due to the extra responsiveness, & vice versa.

cl_showmouserate x. Setting x to 1 enables the display in the top left of the screen of information regarding mouse input to various axis.

m_filter "x". Setting x to 1 will enable the use of mouse filtering, which averages out mouse movement, which should result in smoother movement of the Mouse, which is strongly recommended. 0 will disable this filtering.

r_finish x. Setting x to 1 may eliminate lag from Input devices e.g. Mouse, although may the frame rate can lower as a result. If you arent experiencing such controller lag then leave this set to 0 for optimal frame rate.

--Rogue

#56 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:07 AM

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to get an Mp5 (from the multi-side) into the single-player missions?(its my favorite gun) I've gotten all the other cheats to work, but haven't been able to get this one. Just wondering if anyone here has managed it. Thanks!
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#57 yves

yves

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a mod that does just that. but perhaps youve already tried it without succes. if not check www.sof2.filefront.com for mods.
goodluck
yves

#58 Sabbath44

Sabbath44

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

Have any of you guys played Soldier Of Fortune 2? I was thinking of buying Delta Force but have decided not to. So now it's out of Wolfenstein and Soldier Of Fortune 2.
Which one should I get????
IT'S DRIVING ME MAD TRYING TO MAKE UP MY MIND!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! :(

#59 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:46 AM

I have both Wolfenstein and Soldier of Fortune II. I like SoFII FAR better than wolfenstein but both are good.

Wolfenstein is much more forgiving on hardware than SoFII is. It would highly depend on what machine you have.

It depends what you like. Wolfenstein is more of a horror-shooter with zombies, skeletons, super-soldiers and so on (plenty of humans too though). But the class-action multiplayer is really good. There are also some made up weapons of course. Locales and missions are varied enough to be interesting, but I wouldn't play through the Single player side again.

Soldier of Fortune is a much more realistic shooter, and very military. (picking your gear, having specific objectives in the field, you get teammates and so on.) And you can only take so many slugs. I would call it a cross between Deus Ex and Rouge Spear plus its own thing. Not to mention the gore. Call me a sick bastard but I can't get enough of it! If you want to play this how it should be make sure to crank up the "gore" level to "excessive." The violence is so realistic it almost makes me shudder! And I must say the motion-captured death animations kick ass.

Weapons are all real world weapons with descriptions and so on. Every weapon has a very realistic feel to it as well.

Another cool thing is it features a number of stealth levels and so on, but its not a failure if you raise the alarm, just makes it more difficult.

Anyway depends what you like, both have good Single player and multiplayer sides, but like I said it would also depend on your system. Let me know your machine specs and i could help you out more.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#60 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

agreed. SoF2 gets my vote also. I also own both of these games and totally rate sof2 over rtcw anyday, plus there's a great weapons mod for it too that makes things even better! : )

But as you say Wumpus, it depends on your mac. As sof2 is quite demanding, but i've a G5 so i'm ok :D

I also love it's randomly generated levels. Quite unique this feature, plus mp is superb.
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)