66 replies to this topic

#41 tahoe

tahoe

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

What, like Lemmings and Blood Money? Pull the other one!

Ok. I kinda liked Lemmings. I'm talking about Shadow of the Beast and yes, Blood Money.... I broke so many joysticks on those twitch games.... They were great graphics showcases. But, they're just too hard.

#42 Macmeister

Macmeister

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:52 AM

Don't forget that arcade games are designed to siphon away as many of your quarters as possible.  Dragon's Lair could have been reasonably fun otherwise.

Another awful game: Descent to Undermountain.

And, if I remember correctly, Dragon's Lair was one of the first to take multiple quarters for gameplay.

This one might date me, but GrailQuest drove me bananas!

#43 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4167 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:45 PM

SimEarth anyone?
I was just thinking about it! it was pretty pointless, but I did play it a few times and got a few good hours out of the genetic-manipulator. (Or whatever its name was)

Im pretty sure I've tried a worse shareware game, just cant come up with one.. :/
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#44 summerlion

summerlion

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:42 PM

Second on the list is Prime Target, a mouse hating crash fest of poor coding.

I liked Prime Target...

I'm sure the list of games that suck is effectively limitless, so I'll confine this to ones I actually spent hard earned money on:

Pax Imperia 2 was beyond lame.  Waaay beyond.  I had really high hopes for it, which probably contributes to its high ranking on my personal list of lousy games.

Lords of the Realm 3 (I think; may have been 2?). Another good idea poorly executed.

Wizardry Gold.  What an awful game.  I loved the originals, Proving Grounds and Knight of Diamonds.  I even loved "Bane of the Cosmic Forge," but this one blew.

#45 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:05 AM

Well, S_P_K, you're obviously entitled to your opinion about RT2, but I think you might be in the minority. I enjoyed it, and if you look for reviews for it, it was generally rated highly.
Ben

Exactly. It was my opinion.

I think your right about putting it as worst game ever. I'll trade RT2 for Alien Nations as the worst game ever :x.

#46 muzein

muzein

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

Worst game was some shareware title I downloaded at one point... I never did find anything to it besides pushing a "Fire" button.  Then a guy would yell, and something would explode.

As far as Railroad Tycoon II being the worst, you gotta be nuts! Very good game, not my favorite, but it was superb.  If I was into railroads/trains and such, It would probably be my favorite game.

#47 b

b

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:35 PM

ET for the Atari 2600.

#48 DavidM

DavidM

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:50 PM

You would have been better served calling the thread games Iv'e liked the least; calling a popular, well reviewed game the worst ever is silly. Under your critera I could call Diablo/Diablo II the worst games ever because they are repetitve and I get bored. for a game to be worse ever it takes some collective agreement on it.
For instance, most games in the bargin bin at Walmart probably fit the bill.

#49 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:00 AM

You would have been better served calling the thread games Iv'e liked the least; calling a popular, well reviewed game the worst ever is silly.

It sure is.  But then ,wheres the fun?

#50 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:07 AM

Key Nine Online is in a league of it's own, so I can't even put any other alternatives in the same post.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions.áAim higher.áTry this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#51 Gafgarion

Gafgarion

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1418 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:42 AM

Just because something gets good reviews doesn't mean it isn't bad. Gigli got some very positive reviews.

#52 Ben

Ben

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gigli/

Umm...not very many...

Ben

#53 Unit_X

Unit_X

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

You would have been better served calling the thread games Iv'e liked the least; calling a popular, well reviewed game the worst ever is silly.

So now you admit it was silly of you? And I don't really see the fun in calling a quite good game the worst in the history of time. I thought you were supposed to actually post what game you thought was the worst, which the title of your post kind of suggested.

By the way, how are those extra 20%?

#54 DavidM

DavidM

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:37 AM

Just because something gets good reviews doesn't mean it isn't bad. Gigli got some very positive reviews.

Yes that is quite true and you completely missed the point.

Things considered good or of high quality, be it fine art, movies or computer games, etc. are ususally recognized as such through consensus.

#55 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:19 AM

So now you admit it was silly of you? And I don't really see the fun in calling a quite good game the worst in the history of time. I thought you were supposed to actually post what game you thought was the worst, which the title of your post kind of suggested.
It's the worst game I have played(except for Alien Nations).  :roll:  Am I supposed  to say the worst ever, is a game I haven't played.

#56 Biablo

Biablo

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:44 AM

How about SimIsle in the same vein?

SimIsle was fantastic. Just mentioning it makes me want to whip out the CD again.
Simulation Train Groping Booths: 3rd largest sector of the Japanese economy

#57 sonofsam

sonofsam

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:32 AM

My money is on anything 989 studios ever did.  Especially the whole Gameday series and/or the gay-ass Twisted Metal 3 & 4.

Agreed. Twisted Metal was great game until they screwed it up. Gameday was a joke, terrible...

#58 Unit_X

Unit_X

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:50 AM

It's the worst game I have played(except for Alien Nations).  :roll:  Am I supposed  to say the worst ever, is a game I haven't played.

No, you should have said Alien Nations then.

#59 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:44 PM

Well, S_P_K, you're obviously entitled to your opinion about RT2, but I think you might be in the minority. I enjoyed it, and if you look for reviews for it, it was generally rated highly.
Ben

I think your right about putting it as worst game ever. I'll trade RT2 for Alien Nations as the worst game ever :x.

I did.

#60 Unit_X

Unit_X

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

Ben

I did.

Not in your first post though, where you started the whole thread. Seems to me like that would be the ideal place to post it.