13 replies to this topic

#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

Should we give up hope, then, of a Mac port of Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops? Really? I'm hoping something hits us from left field... of recent announcements, Borderlands was one heck of a surprise and an absolutely wonderful game... I still have a lot of fun with CoD 4 online... but I'd really like to get MW2 or Black Ops before Black Ops 2 is announced for PC, PS3 and XBOX 360!

*twiddles thumbs*

Oh! Battlefield: Bad Company 2!? Anyone...??

*sigh*
macOS 10.14.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/32GB RAM/PowerColor Vega 56 RED Dragon

#2 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:05 AM

I'd love to see Bad Company 2 move over. As much as i think MW2 is a pisspile compared to BC2 i can't for the life of me understand why Activision doesn't just port the damn thing over? I can see lots of users i know wanting to play it on their Mac.

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#3 J'nathus

J'nathus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

It probably has something to do with the dissolution of Infinity Ward and the lawsuits that are ensuing. It's looking like Activision is going to use their muscle to pretty much put the IW leads into the poorhouse.

#4 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3360 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Your not missing anything by not having MW2 or BO. They're the same game.

Personally i feel like COD4 was the best one of the series, the other ones just make things stupider
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 8400 || Vega 56 || 16 GB DDR4 || 960 Evo NVMe || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Xbox One X || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#5 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 12 January 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

Your not missing anything by not having MW2 or BO. They're the same game.

Personally i feel like COD4 was the best one of the series, the other ones just make things stupider

...for multiplayer? That's my main concern...I only played through CoD4 twice- once on the PS3, then on my Mac after I got my new Mac... that was it, I don't really feel like it has real replay value for single player.
macOS 10.14.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/32GB RAM/PowerColor Vega 56 RED Dragon

#6 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3360 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 13 January 2011 - 03:33 AM, said:

...for multiplayer? That's my main concern...I only played through CoD4 twice- once on the PS3, then on my Mac after I got my new Mac... that was it, I don't really feel like it has real replay value for single player.

Yea, that only thing that has gotten "better" is customizable killstreaks, which I hate because one team will almost always get a chopper gunner and that is an instant win. Oh and you get fancy stickers to use for your profile in MW2 and in BO its the exact same things, except you gotta spend your COD points to unlock it.

If you play MW2 be prepared to only have to fight 2 different classes when your online: quickscopers and lightweight+commando+marathon nuts that knife you from 50 feet away. If you use anything other then those two classes then your screwed. Also the amount of aimbots and stuff in MW2 for PC is ridiculous. They got rid of dedi servers and it got to the point where almost every game had a hacker of some sort.

Your not missing out on anything. Get BFBC2 or TF2 or CS:S if you want a decent online game. To quote myself from a different thread:

"COD is like a highschool flirt, easy to talk to and feel good about yourself, but gets shallow real quick. A game like Uncharted or Halo is like an amazing wife: takes some work to get to know and some effort in the relationship, but pretty soon the effort start paying dividends and the two of you can enjoy a long happy relationship"

I started playing COD4 a month or so ago and the game is so much better then MW2 or BO. It is so much more balanced and fair across all the classes. You can use what you want without cursing up a storm about getting knifed from across the room after you shot the guy twice with a shotgun
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS High Sierra

#7 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 13 January 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

Yea, that only thing that has gotten "better" is customizable killstreaks, which I hate because one team will almost always get a chopper gunner and that is an instant win. Oh and you get fancy stickers to use for your profile in MW2 and in BO its the exact same things, except you gotta spend your COD points to unlock it.

If you play MW2 be prepared to only have to fight 2 different classes when your online: quickscopers and lightweight+commando+marathon nuts that knife you from 50 feet away. If you use anything other then those two classes then your screwed.
u iz jsut m4d bcuzz u cnnot qickskop 1ik a11 t3h proz!!!11!
Seriously, I played MW2 for a while, but I'm not saying its good.  Its just like Runescape: boring and its horrible when you look back on it, you played it because you were addicted not because it was fun.  I bought BOps and it was an absolute flop for me and my more addicted friends.  Some of them spend 20+ days on MW2, yet are already done BOps after 2 or 3.
Cod 4 was the best.

#8 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1474 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

I highly enjoyed both COD:MW and MW2. I have to say MW2 is a lot of fun online. To each their own. I didn't find hackers or certain kits types to ever be a problem, or the lack of dedicated servers. Almost all my games are lag free with some exceptions. I echo the wish: would be great to see MW2 or Black Ops on the Mac. I'm going to be picking up Black Ops on the PC soon, but only when I have time to actually play it.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

27" iMac, Core i7 Quad 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

#9 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3360 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostDrJohnFever, on 13 January 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

u iz jsut m4d bcuzz u cnnot qickskop 1ik a11 t3h proz!!!11!
Seriously, I played MW2 for a while, but I'm not saying its good.  Its just like Runescape: boring and its horrible when you look back on it, you played it because you were addicted not because it was fun.  I bought BOps and it was an absolute flop for me and my more addicted friends.  Some of them spend 20+ days on MW2, yet are already done BOps after 2 or 3.
Cod 4 was the best.

Amen Brother

#10 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

They should port Cod 3 and Cod 5 to mac too.

#11 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

View PostEke, on 25 January 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

They should port Cod 3 and Cod 5 to mac too.
Maybe they should, but are they going to? Look how long it took CoD 4 to come to OSX. I highly doubt the others will arrive in a timely manner, if at all.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#12 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

You're right. Cod 1&2 were ported 2-3 years after they were announced to pc and consoles.            

Sorry about my bad english

#13 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

View PostEke, on 26 January 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

You're right. Cod 1&2 were ported 2-3 years after they were announced to pc and consoles.            

Sorry about my bad english
I actually doubt whether  MW2 and any other CoD games after it will infact come to OSX at all.

By the way, you need not apologise about your English, it is better than many, many people's. I only just noticed one minuscule mistake in a previous post. :)

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#14 Eke

Eke

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Okay thanks. :)