25 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3266 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:24 PM

Maybe we can list the top ones but it's impossible to keep a complete list.
G2A
Kinguin
cdkeys.com

The following 5-year old article has tips for spotting them:
https://www.reddit.c...y_mean_for_you/

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17753 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:50 PM

OK, I'm calling an end to the discussion of should we ban grey market links, and opening the discussion of what companies or outlets should be banned.  :Let's start a list.  I'll compile the list of their homepage links n this post from the entries in later posts.  Eventually I'll pin the list of names only to the IMG Website Network Feedback sub-forum.  When the smoke settles I'll add it to the agreement that all new members must digitally sign.

So, just ignore any sounds coming out of the sex cage and please start contributing links to the list.  I'll start out with Eneba:
=================================================================================================

Eneba - https://www.eneba.com/
G2A
Kinguin
cdkeys.com

Camper-Hunter - "if the site is listed on https://isthereanydeal.com/ then it's an official reseller."

Edit:  please Ignore my double posting.  I'm going to keep moving this list to a new page as needed because I don't want to have to jump back and forth because I'm lazy because I'm old because of when I was born because that's when my parents got horny because my dad was on leave because of the Mercy of the Navy.  So the bottom line is that because of the US Navy I'm moving this post to the current page.  If you have any problems with this then take it up with the United States Navy and see how far you get.

Edited by the Battle Cat, 09 December 2020 - 02:37 PM.
Because I can and you aren't going to do it.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Wabbit Swayer

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:19 PM

Or there's a way around: if the site is listed on https://isthereanydeal.com/ then it's an official reseller.

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17753 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:38 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 08 December 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Or there's a way around: if the site is listed on https://isthereanydeal.com/ then it's an official reseller.

I've added this to the mix.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 09:25 AM

very interesting comments about the effect on indie publishers and I would not buy a game like that from a grey reseller, nor would I pirate it either.

I would never use grey resellers normally, but I admit I do every year for one product. football manager. its not because I cant afford it, its because on principle I will not pay over 20% more because im in Portugal than I would in the uk.

if companies dont want people to use grey resellers then they shouldn't put consumers in the position where they think they are being ripped off.

whether on steam or epic, football manager is €55. if I had a british bank card still, I could get it from the same company for £40. which google tells me is €43.66. so 25% more expensive.

daft thing is I could order it from Argos for £22 , and before I found grey resellers I did some years order it from amazon, so some worker would go and pick up a game box, which Sega had to pay to make, with a disc inside, and a printed booklet, and stick it in a cardboard box and post it airmail to portugal, where it would have to be put on another plane to madeira, and a postman would have to deliver it. just so I could open the box, type in the serial number into steam and then toss the game box into a cupboard where at some stage id stick it in the bin.

but I accept that sometimes physical copies are cheaper, I dont want to waste plastic and metal and paper and postage, im good paying the same price other people are paying on steam. im not expecting it cheaper, despite the cost of living being cheaper here, so things like Apple Music are therefore priced less, but I will not pay 25% more to sega than I would do if I had a british bank account.
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#26 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4498 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

On the topic... 99.9% of the fraud that occurs on MGS/WGS, is key resellers buying multiple keys to sell on gray-market sites. Know that all those keys that are ill-gained get blacklisted on Steam, and causes those gray-markets to be selling illegal keys.

Just saying.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester