Finished 2007 carset and driver update for VGP2...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Just finished the 2007 driver and car update for VGP2. High res (1024X1024) textures. May slow down older computers. I will be uploading soon. I will let you know. Put new life into VGP2! Please remember, they are not perfect. Please do not yell at me for any mistakes. Just let me know if you want and maybe I will do a quick fix. But it was time to release them.

Here are some pics...
Ferrari
McLaren
BMW
Renault
Williams
Red Bull
Honda
Super Aguri
Toyota
Toro Rosso
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on June 17th 2007, 04:59 PM, said:

Just finished the 2007 driver and car update for VGP2. High res (1024X1024) textures. May slow down older computers. I will be uploading soon. I will let you know. Put new life into VGP2! Please remember, they are not perfect. Please do not yell at me for any mistakes. Just let me know if you want and maybe I will do a quick fix. But it was time to release them.

Can't wait to download these! Should keep me going until VGP3!

Please let there be all the new 2007 versions of every circuit on the F1 calendar in VGP3!
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#3 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

View Postmattw, on June 18th 2007, 02:16 PM, said:

Can't wait to download these! Should keep me going until VGP3!

Please let there be all the new 2007 versions of every circuit on the F1 calendar in VGP3!
I should have time to upload tonight. As far as VGP3, Imola is pretty spot-on right now. :nods:

#4 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on June 18th 2007, 09:43 PM, said:

I should have time to upload tonight. As far as VGP3, Imola is pretty spot-on right now. :nods:

Imola, how retro!  

It is/was a good track but for me the great thing is driving the track you just watched on TV. In fact a spent a while on Feral's F1 2000 at the weekend driving Indy for that reason. France in two weeks time has changed somewhat from season 2000 what with the removal of a chicane to make a small back straight and totally new chicane at the end of the lap - it sure makes thinks confusing!  It is a shame it isn't easier to keep these games up to date - surely a more accurate simulation would always sell the next version?

I have to admit to being worried about loosing F1 2000 and VGP down the line when I get an Intel Mac - not sure about wheel support/performance in Rosetta etc. In fact I had even considered that it might mean using Boot camp, although I'd really rather not spend on buying and maintaining Windows if at all possible. After reading around I was surprised to find that there hasn't even been a F1 simulation release on the PC for a few years - is it all consoles these days? The last time I checked consoles weren't great for simulation type games - more arcade stuff.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#5 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

View Postmattw, on June 18th 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

Imola, how retro!  

It is/was a good track but for me the great thing is driving the track you just watched on TV. In fact a spent a while on Feral's F1 2000 at the weekend driving Indy for that reason. France in two weeks time has changed somewhat from season 2000 what with the removal of a chicane to make a small back straight and totally new chicane at the end of the lap - it sure makes thinks confusing!  It is a shame it isn't easier to keep these games up to date - surely a more accurate simulation would always sell the next version?

I have to admit to being worried about loosing F1 2000 and VGP down the line when I get an Intel Mac - not sure about wheel support/performance in Rosetta etc. In fact I had even considered that it might mean using Boot camp, although I'd really rather not spend on buying and maintaining Windows if at all possible. After reading around I was surprised to find that there hasn't even been a F1 simulation release on the PC for a few years - is it all consoles these days? The last time I checked consoles weren't great for simulation type games - more arcade stuff.
With the advent of series' such as Gran Turismo and Forza, consoles are heading in the right direction. But sim still belongs to the computer realm. Take games like rFactor and Live for Speed (two of my favorites) for PC and VGP2, VGP3 and maybe Redline for Mac (though the former are also for PC) and you have a niche in the PC and Mac department. And probably the most common factor why these games will always be better on the computer side has to be the modding potential. Nascar 2003 is still used heavily nowadays because of mods. You can take an older game and add something new to make it more exciting meanwhile adding longevity. Keeping games up to date is a way of life on computers. Whether it is racing sims or anything else. Oh yeah, and it's fun too! Though my Wife and Kids may not agree! :lol:

#6 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on June 18th 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

With the advent of series' such as Gran Turismo and Forza, consoles are heading in the right direction. But sim still belongs to the computer realm. Take games like rFactor and Live for Speed (two of my favorites) for PC and VGP2, VGP3 and maybe Redline for Mac (though the former are also for PC) and you have a niche in the PC and Mac department. And probably the most common factor why these games will always be better on the computer side has to be the modding potential. Nascar 2003 is still used heavily nowadays because of mods. You can take an older game and add something new to make it more exciting meanwhile adding longevity. Keeping games up to date is a way of life on computers. Whether it is racing sims or anything else. Oh yeah, and it's fun too! Though my Wife and Kids may not agree! :lol:

I'll have to do a bit more reading around and try and get to see some of the other games you mentioned. I'd almost forgot Nascar 2003 - it's really nice now I have a G5 (my G4 struggled!) - I hope it also survives moving to an Intel Mac in the (hopefully) not too distant future.  

Looking forward to installing your 2007 cars in VGP2. Will you post the direct link here?

#7 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

View Postmattw, on June 19th 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

I'll have to do a bit more reading around and try and get to see some of the other games you mentioned. I'd almost forgot Nascar 2003 - it's really nice now I have a G5 (my G4 struggled!) - I hope it also survives moving to an Intel Mac in the (hopefully) not too distant future.  

Looking forward to installing your 2007 cars in VGP2. Will you post the direct link here?
I usually redirect to my site (which then has the link on the homepage) just in case someone wants to leave me a nice email. :happy:

#8 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

VGP2 Update
JaguarGod's 2007 VGP2 Driver and Car Update Now available!

Go to my site (skip the intro if it annoys you) to download the update. If you are really kind, it would be great to get some positive feedback.

#9 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

Wow! You really did an excellent job with the cars! The new tyres are great as well, very detailed work all round. I'm really looking forward to VPG3 now because if the graphics have improved as much as your cars have over the originals it will be fantastic.

On a side note I had a quick blast at France and obviously it is the older version of the circuit but what surprised me was the hairpin. It feels weird on both arcade and realistic settings (my Logitech Formula Force Wheel wobbles oddly) and even 40kph is too fast. There also seems to be only one line. This is a bit odd as it is the main overtaking spot with several lines possible and I'm sure it must be more that 40kph?

#10 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

View Postmattw, on June 20th 2007, 12:14 PM, said:

Wow! You really did an excellent job with the cars! The new tyres are great as well, very detailed work all round. I'm really looking forward to VPG3 now because if the graphics have improved as much as your cars have over the originals it will be fantastic.

On a side note I had a quick blast at France and obviously it is the older version of the circuit but what surprised me was the hairpin. It feels weird on both arcade and realistic settings (my Logitech Formula Force Wheel wobbles oddly) and even 40kph is too fast. There also seems to be only one line. This is a bit odd as it is the main overtaking spot with several lines possible and I'm sure it must be more that 40kph?
Thank you for the kind words.

There are a few spots in the game on a couple of the tracks where the road really causes some strange vibration to the wheel in some hairpins. Like driving over some large rocks. I am in the process of setting up new textures for the tracks (road and environment) in VGP2 and am planning on doing some small updates to the tracks. I will try to fix those problem areas to make it smooth. But this all depends on time.

VGP3 is looking good at this point. The more memory you have (RAM and VRAM), the better. The cars are skinned with some fictitious teams, but you can tell who they are supposed to be. The clarity is much better than VGP2, but at the cost of memory and CPU. Hopefully the 2007 carset will be released a short time after the actual game is released in full.

#11 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on June 17th 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

Just finished the 2007 driver and car update for VGP2....

Your repaint is super well done !!!

Thanks a lot for your work.
No Games but Racing Sims