Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#321 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

View Postjeannot, on 21 March 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

I generally play on high settings.  :drunk:

Amazing. :thumbsup:

On-topic: This one is just too difficult. So many settings and so many I enjoy, so it's just too difficult to choose just one.

#322 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4032 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

The highest my computer can handle!

I can say that I generally tend to turn off AA/FSAA first. It never seems to give me much of a difference on my 27" iMac.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#323 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8342 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

View Postspeedcat_feral, on 21 March 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Something a little more abstract this month:

What is your favourite video game setting to play in, and why?

Sci-fi? High fantasy? Sci-high fantasy?! What are the settings that really draw you in?
(Hard) Sci-Fi. No matter if futuristic dystopian extrapolations of the current world as in Deus Ex or glittering spaceships orbiting spectacular alien worlds as in Elite Dangerous, that's my thing.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#324 MrUNIMOG

MrUNIMOG

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

View Postspeedcat_feral, on 21 March 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Something a little more abstract this month:

What is your favourite video game setting to play in, and why?

Sci-fi? High fantasy? Sci-high fantasy?! What are the settings that really draw you in?

Almost doesn't matter, as long as it's an interesting, elaborate and consistent world I can roam around in with lots of details to discover.
Love the Borderlands universe, especially in 2 and Pre-Sequel. Love the setting of BioShock Infinite.
Devices I play games on:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3) — 3.1 GHz i5-6287U | Iris 550 | 16 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash | Space Gray
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) — 3.4 GHz i7-3770 | GTX 680MX | 8 GB RAM | 1 TB Fusion Drive
iMac (Flat Panel) — 700 MHz PPC 7450 (G4) | GeForce2 MX | 640 MB RAM | 40 GB HDD
iMac (5 Flavors) — 333 MHz PPC 750 (G3) | ATI Rage Pro | 512 MB RAM | 6 GB HDD | Tangerine

iPhone X — 256 GB | Silver
iPhone 5s — 32 GB | Space Gray
iPad Pro (10.5-inch) — 256 GB | Space Gray
iPad Air 2 — 64 GB | Space Gray
iPad — 16 GB
iPod touch (3rd generation) — 32 GB
iPod touch — 8 GB
Apple Watch (1st generation) — 42 mm | Stainless Steel (Yes, there's games for watchOS)

#325 Spike

Spike

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

World War II So that I can conquer the other countries and see how some things could have gone.

#326 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

Nowadays, it’s anything that *isn’t sci-fi or fantasy, since that makes up 95% of all games. And I say those as someone who spent their 20s studying SF academically and still reads it constantly. Sci-fi/fantasy games are just too common and I want variety. I’m playing AC odyssey right now and can’t help but think how much better the story would be if it ditched the bullpopsnizzle fantasy elements and drew more from actual Greek history.

I’ll still play them, though. I’m excited for Vampire the Masquerade 2 and Cyberpunk.

I recently heard about this historical action adventure game and it’s quickly becoming my most anticipated game of 2019: A Plague Tale. https://store.steamp...Tale_Innocence/

#327 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

View PostCougar, on 23 March 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

I’m excited for Vampire the Masquerade 2 and Cyberpunk.

Vampire: The Masquerade 2 has been announced? I didn't know about that.
[EDIT]Ah, I just Googled it and I see it was announced only two days ago, so that's why I didn't know about it yet.[/EDIT]

Anyway, why are apostrophes in your posts always replaced by ’? People above you are using apostrophes in their posts and they just show as apostrophes. Are you maybe a Windows user in disguise using Microsoft Edge and this Mac-forum is unable to decipher your posts? What key are you using to write an apostrophe and after posting do you actually see apostrophes in your posts or do you see ’ as well? Maybe an administrator has an idea what's going on.

#328 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

View Postjos, on 24 March 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

Anyway, why are apostrophes in your posts always replaced by ’? People above you are using apostrophes in their posts and they just show as apostrophes. Are you maybe a Windows user in disguise using Microsoft Edge and this Mac-forum is unable to decipher your posts? What key are you using to write an apostrophe and after posting do you actually see apostrophes in your posts or do you see ’ as well? Maybe an administrator has an idea what's going on.

Edit: I did some investigating and think I solved the problem. It was something on my end, and it wasn’t the forum.