ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

So I just watched the first 15 minutes of this game, and I gotta say, it's basically Dead Island Remastered. Same zombie noises, same voice actors, same mechanics (with the exception of the parkour), same progression style. It's crazy.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#2 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

I hope if it makes it to Mac that different developers port it.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 02 December 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

I hope if it makes it to Mac that different developers port it.

The PC system requirements are ludicrous. It would probably run terribly no matter who ported it.

#4 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostCougar, on 04 December 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

The PC system requirements are ludicrous. It would probably run terribly no matter who ported it.
I just looked it up, you're not kidding. I still have faith in Feral or Aspyr working with Apple's shortcomings. Now to start perusing eBay for a GTX 970.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#5 Irishman

Irishman

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just don't let Virtual Programming get NEAR it! They butchered the Mac port of Dead Island!!
COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostIrishman, on 05 December 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Just don't let Virtual Programming get NEAR it! They butchered the Mac port of Dead Island!!

It's so badman.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well, it looks like those outrageous system requirements were wrong: http://www.pcgamer.c...nts-are-killer/

#8 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

If it ever sees light of day (see what I did there? :w00t: ) on Mac I hope Feral or Aspyr do it... :cool:

#9 Nox

Nox

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:Uncle Bender

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:56 AM

I feel like Left For Dead fulfilled my every unhealthy impulse, such as it was, to step into a George Romero movie. Zombies are so played—isn't it time to revive the vampire genre? I wanna glitter like Edward in the Pacific Northwest already!
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.11.3

#10 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Steam Name:Ian
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostNox, on 27 February 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

I feel like Left For Dead fulfilled my every unhealthy impulse, such as it was, to step into a George Romero movie. Zombies are so played—isn't it time to revive the vampire genre? I wanna glitter like Edward in the Pacific Northwest already!

Vampires have been even more played than zombies imo...

When it comes to horror, people are running out of ideas, and to be honest, stuff like zombies,vampires, and werewolves didn't even scare me in the first place. The only games that have truly terrified me are the ones based on Lovecraft stuff, and Outlast. Give me more of that.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#11 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

So, about two years later...

Only AMD Radeon™ graphics cards are officially supported. I see posts about people not getting this to work with Intel graphics but nothing about NVIDIA. I'll throw my money in the toilet and see if it works...

UPDATE: Sadly the game itself doesn't display on my setup. The intro videos, yes, the game's options UI, yes, the game, no. Blackness no matter what settings I choose.

#12 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Strange times no doubt for Mac gaming at the moment that's for sure and it makes it even more difficult to know what hardware we should really be choosing because of things like this...

I just picked up Dying Light in the Steam sale and it works OK so far for me on my Mac Pro with a Radeon 7950 but as some recent titles now don't officially support this card or most other AMD GPUs I was already thinking my only option would be to swap to an Nvidia instead as they seemed to be better supported in some of the recent Feral titles.

Now I'm not so sure, at least with the Feral games so far I just get warnings about being unsupported. The games (Mad Max, COH2) do seem to work anyway.

There has always been the odd brand specific feature here and there with GPUs but I don't remember it being quite like this.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, R9 280X 3GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.6

#13 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Dying Light works for me on my Nvidia 750m, but I get a message about it being unsupported. Having' spent some 40 odd hours with this game in Bootcamp, I know how it looks. That being said playing on Mac on High settings runs fine - except there seems to be graphical features missing. Things just don't look very good and I can only guess this has something to do with not having one of the newer AMD GPU's. No way of really knowing until I could test it on one.
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#14 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostWumpus, on 06 January 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

The prodigal son returns!  Slaughter the fatted mouse!!  Actually I had the damn thing at gunpoint when you showed up but now it looks like I care deeply.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#15 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 06 January 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

The prodigal son returns!  Slaughter the fatted mouse!!  Actually I had the damn thing at gunpoint when you showed up but now it looks like I care deeply.

Haha! I have been absent for quite some time. I'm making an effort to get back into the Mac gaming social loop, so you should see more of me these days :)

Out of curiosity, has anyone else with an Nvidia card tried out Dying Light?
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#16 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostWumpus, on 07 January 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Haha! I have been absent for quite some time. I'm making an effort to get back into the Mac gaming social loop, so you should see more of me these days :)

On my PC I tried out their demo of the game ;) Runs fluid, ultra to the max, zero issues. Its on my wishlist to get at some point.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#17 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 07 January 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

On my PC I tried out their demo of the game ;) Runs fluid, ultra to the max, zero issues. Its on my wishlist to get at some point.

Sure! It runs flawlessly for me in Bootcamp as well, I'm just wondering about Mac performance on Nvidia :P

#18 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostWumpus, on 07 January 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yep

#19 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

Played it tonight on my eGPU! Great game, graphic and animations are! amazing. Running quite good in 4K but not super smooth
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#20 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:52 AM

One of the really nice things about owning either a PS4 or XBox One is that games that suffer in translation to PC and/or Mac can be enjoyed without issues on their native platform. I'm not suggesting that anyone should consider changing their preferred way of playing games but whatever that is, adding a current generation console into your bag of gaming tricks certainly has its benefits and this is one of them. If some high profile game has an unfortunately terrible port you can just play that one on your console instead if you want. The nice thing about this besides the many other benefits they offer such as console exclusives, set top steaming box functionality, music streaming functionality, etc. is that the hardware outlay is inexpensive. I've found the games to be much less expensive than I expected as well. I always had this idea that console games would tend to cost more money and hold their value longer and to some extent that is true but not by much really. I cleaned up during the recent holiday sales and made out just as well as I ever did historically on Steam.

That's just something to consider for anyone who has yet to take the plunge. It really opens up a lot of gaming goodness at a low price point to get started without requiring any change at all in whatever else you like to do in the way of gaming.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell