A remake for XIII is in the works and according to the trailer there'll be a Mac version. Well, according to the trailer it'll also be released in November 2019, which was last month. The game's been delayed to somewhere in 2020.
I recently discovered a game called Prodeus. It's currently in development, should go into Early Access in the autumn of 2019 while the full release should be in 2020. It's being developed by just two people who previously worked on games like 2016th iteration of Doom, the new Wolfenstein, BioShock: Infinite, Singularity, Payday 2 and some Call of Duty games. The project is also on Kickstarter with at the moment nine more days to go.
The way I'd describe this game is as a bloody gore throwback to the 90s. It's a fast-paced first-person shooter with many enemies coming towards you, a lot of blood and gore, coloured key-cards to collect to open doors, a lot of blood and gore, tons of secrets to find and enemies who'll turn everything into a bloody gore mess when you shoot them. Did I mention the game is full of blood and gore? Blood will even stay on the map, instead of just disappear like in other games. Of course, if you're a pussy you can turn down the amount of blood and gore. The whole game is just very customisable. You can adjust the amount of blood and gore, adjust the graphics to use 216p and sprites to make it really look like a game from the 90s or choose to play in 1080p+ with 3D models, you can customise the HUD and there's a level editor included.
I think this game looks absolutely amazing and according to the FAQ on Kickstarter the game will be available on Mac:
"Linux and Mac support?
Yes! For Early Access, we are targeting Windows, Mac and Linux."
What are your favourite Mac games? What games do you consider the best games for the Mac? What Mac games have already been released and would you like to play? What games would you wish had a Mac release?
These are the favourite Mac games, Mac games I consider the best:
- Doom 3: Played it on Windows and later replayed it on the Mac and it's still a fantastic FPS.
- Prey: See Doom 3: Simply a fantastic and very original FPS.
- Mafia II: Played the first game on Windows and considered it a great game with a beautiful and very good story and a soundtrack which delivers a good atmosphere. Played Mafia II on the Mac and it's even better than the first game. Just a shame the game's so short and there's no free-ride. The game's just so good, after finishing it wished there was more of it.
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun: Commandos and Desperados were very good and enjoyable games. This game just takes all that's good about those games and even manages to improve them. After finishing it I wished there was more of it. The same developers are now working on Desperados III, which I'm really looking forward to.
These games have already been released for the Mac, but I haven't had the time to play them, but they're definitely on my wishlist:
- Rage: I've always enjoyed games from id Software and I'm sure I'll also enjoy this one.
- Mafia III: From what I've heard it's not of the same quality as the first two games in the series, but I'd still want to play it.
- The new Tomb Raider games: They look like enjoyable games of good quality.
- The Metro games: They look very interesting and having the option to play the game with Russian voices is a big plus for me. I also played Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun in Japanese. It just adds to the realism of the game.
- The Life is Strange games: I like games with a good storyline and these games seem to have a very good one.
These games don't have a Mac release, but they would be an instant buy for me if they were released for the Mac:
- The 2016 iteration of Doom and the upcoming Doom: Eternal: I've played the 2016 version of Doom on Windows and it's a really good FPS.
- The new Wolfenstein games.
- The upcoming Rage 2: Unfortunately Rage was the last game from id Software to be released for the Mac. The new Doom and Wolfenstein games are only available for Windows, so I don't think we can expect Rage 2 to be released for the Mac.
- The updated version of Age of Empires II (HD edition or whatever it's called): I've played the original Age of Empires II for hundreds of hours back in the days on Windows and even today I play it from time to time. I never get bored from playing skirmish missions in this game.
- Far Cry: Also an older game, but stil very enjoyable. It's a game that get's incredibly difficult towards the end, but I've always considered it to be a very good FPS.
- Max Payne and Max Payne 2: I think both of them have been released for PPC. It's a shame macOS doesn't have the backwards compatibility of Windows, because I've always enjoyed these games and would really want to play them again without having to rely on Windows.
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: See the Max Payne games.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Again, see the Max Payne games.
- Mafia: The second and third game of the series are available for the Mac. The first one is also a very good game and I'd really like to be able to play the whole series on my Mac without having to rely on Windows for the first one.