8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Doesn't Tip

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

'Nanosaur' and 'Bugdom' have recently been re-released for modern systems by Iliyas Jorio, with permission from Pangea Software.

It would be wonderful to see 'Power Pete'/'Mighty Mike' or some of the later Pangea Games re-released as well...

#2 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3478 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 02 January 2021 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image

Those games were my childhood on the family Mac back in the day.
2019 16" MBP: i7 9750H @ 2.6 GHz || Radeon 5500M 4GB || 16 GB DDR4 || 512 GB SSD || macOS Catalina
Desktop PC: R5 3600X || RTX 2080 || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB 970 EvoPlus + 1TB Seagate FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: 30TB Plex Server || PS4 Pro || iPhone X

#3 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:34 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 02 January 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

'Nanosaur' and 'Bugdom' have recently been re-released for modern systems by Iliyas Jorio, with permission from Pangea Software.

It would be wonderful to see 'Power Pete'/'Mighty Mike' or some of the later Pangea Games re-released as well...

it would be wonderful if he was able to do the same with ambrosia games, but is there anyone around to give permission.
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:34 AM

Very cool. Hope to see Bugdom 2 at some point. Never actually finished that one.

View Postjohntravers, on 03 January 2021 - 05:34 AM, said:

it would be wonderful if he was able to do the same with ambrosia games, but is there anyone around to give permission.

EV: Override is getting a remaster: https://www.kickstar...ontier-override

Iirc Richard Moss mentioned that the rights for Ferazelís Wand were given back to Ben Spees (I think all the devs got the rights back), and apparently heís interested in porting it one day. Thatís my favorite Ambrosia game and Iíd be over the moon if it happened.

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8674 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:02 AM

I've heard about the Nanosaur remake, but Bugdom was news to me. Cro-Mag Rally would also be a good candidate. I think it was one of Pangea's most polished games.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:43 AM

View PostCougar, on 03 January 2021 - 06:34 AM, said:

Very cool. Hope to see Bugdom 2 at some point. Never actually finished that one.

EV: Override is getting a remaster: https://www.kickstar...ontier-override

Iirc Richard Moss mentioned that the rights for Ferazel's Wand were given back to Ben Spees (I think all the devs got the rights back), and apparently he's interested in porting it one day. That's my favorite Ambrosia game and I'd be over the moon if it happened.

ive often thought that someone could make a fortune my remaking ambrosia's best games for iPhone as well as Mac, or even apple could buy the rights and make the games part of Apple Arcade.

id love to play maelstrom and barrack especially.
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#7 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3174 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:04 PM

View Postjohntravers, on 03 January 2021 - 08:43 AM, said:

id love to play maelstrom and barrack especially.

Maestrom was open-sourced and ported to Windows, Linux, and 64-bit Mac OS X (Intel). Stlll the same old textures, but it is still a lot of fun. https://www.libsdl.o...ects/Maelstrom/
(Apparently the Linux version has 2-player networked play, but I haven't tried it.)

View PostMr Pink, on 02 January 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

People are amazing sometimes.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#8 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Doesn't Tip

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 03 January 2021 - 08:02 AM, said:

I've heard about the Nanosaur remake, but Bugdom was news to me. Cro-Mag Rally would also be a good candidate. I think it was one of Pangea's most polished games.

I'd love updates to 'Cro-Mag Rally' and especially 'Otto Matic'.
Sadly none of Pangea's old games on the Mac App Store received 64-bit updates.

#9 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3174 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 04 January 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

I'd love updates to 'Cro-Mag Rally' and especially 'Otto Matic'.
Sadly none of Pangea's old games on the Mac App Store received 64-bit updates.
Those two (and 8 others) were ported to iOS, and it looks like they are still available.

Plus if you get an M1 (Apple Silicon) Mac, you can probably run them on your desktop. Possibly even with controller support, if that was added that to the iOS versions.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB