2 replies to this topic

#1 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:40 AM

I know its off topic but with this being the most active thread and most of the posts being about free games on epic, is anyone else having a problem with the epic games launcher on big sur? I had to use safari to get my 'purchase' of total war troy, as since big sur, my epic games launcher is invisible apart from the red orange and green dots in the top left.
iMac 2011 27" 3.2ghz and 1 gb 6970m

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8674 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:55 AM

Big Sur is beta. It's not ready for prime and not meant to be used as primary system. It's to be expected that many application don't work properly with it yet.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3174 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 August 2020 - 12:22 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 15 August 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

Big Sur is beta. It's [not] ready for prime and not meant to be used as primary system. It's to be expected that many application don't work properly with it yet.
Sure, but the beta is public so that companies (or Apple) can solve issues before release day. And johntravers did mention a workaround to his problem which might help someone.

IMHO a Big Sur discussion thread might not be a bad thing. I'd read it, even though I only just upgraded to Catalina.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB