Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

View Postalkar, on October 25th 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

. Guess you didn't get my point from the very beginning of my posts that Feral should approach original publishers to do ports for them even before the PC version is out (so they can start working on it). So then we don't get a port ages after the PC version.
Here, I have something for you: :pinkpony: :pinkpony: :pinkpony:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#62 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

View PostJanichsan, on October 26th 2008, 05:14 AM, said:

Here, I have something for you: :pinkpony: :pinkpony: :pinkpony:
PEW PEW PEW!!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#63 roders

roders

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

This demo tries to Auto download and then fails to install an update, supposedly for this demo, and then when the game is played, there just a black screen (no movies or in game menus (but sound is working, and I can hear myself clicking through menus) but when the game is quite (forced or Apple "Q"). I just get a light blue screen, if I force quite this, I get a light blue screen (actually the desktop) with the gamma reset so high I can't see what I'm doing. Can't log the issue at Ferals website, as the their logging systems, doesn't enable you to leave feedback for Toca yet :-(

P.S I don't mind the game being a little old as long as A: its's good/great  B: Well priced  C: Available to buy/download ONLINE were in the 21st century goddamit!

#64 alkar

alkar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

A, checked !
B, well priced ? come on...
C, yeah we are in the 21st century, I agree with you.

Guess I'm not the only one who will not care about this game.

View Postroders, on October 26th 2008, 02:04 PM, said:

This demo tries to Auto download and then fails to install an update, supposedly for this demo, and then when the game is played, there just a black screen (no movies or in game menus (but sound is working, and I can hear myself clicking through menus) but when the game is quite (forced or Apple "Q"). I just get a light blue screen, if I force quite this, I get a light blue screen (actually the desktop) with the gamma reset so high I can't see what I'm doing. Can't log the issue at Ferals website, as the their logging systems, doesn't enable you to leave feedback for Toca yet :-(

P.S I don't mind the game being a little old as long as A: its's good/great  B: Well priced  C: Available to buy/download ONLINE were in the 21st century goddamit!

#65 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

View Postroders, on October 26th 2008, 01:04 PM, said:

Hi Roders,

Can you try and download the demo again on the off chance your dmg image was slightly damaged. Secondly we have a support email address and contact details (built into the game) using the Options "Support" tab. You can use this to contact us about the problem.

Best Regards,

Edwin

#66 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8087 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

I noticed that unsuccessful attempt to download demo "version 2.0", too, but that only occurred once (at the first launch) and didn't break anything - the demo still runs.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#67 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

View PostJanichsan, on October 27th 2008, 09:59 AM, said:

I noticed that unsuccessful attempt to download demo "version 2.0", too, but that only occurred once (at the first launch) and didn't break anything - the demo still runs.
I got this non-working 2.0 update prompt too. It comes up every time if you have the settings dialog coming up before starting the game.

#68 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:33 AM

View Postmaccer, on October 27th 2008, 12:38 PM, said:

I got this non-working 2.0 update prompt too. It comes up every time if you have the settings dialog coming up before starting the game.

You can either ignore it, or download the demo again as the current image has been modified to fix this for the users who experienced it.

#69 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8087 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

View Postedddeduck, on October 29th 2008, 11:33 AM, said:

You can either ignore it, ...
I did. As I said: it only happened once and then never again (so far).

#70 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Will it be possible to play multiplayer against the PC version of the game, or is it "Gamranger only"?

#71 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

View Postmaccer, on November 4th 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Will it be possible to play multiplayer against the PC version of the game, or is it "Gamranger only"?

You cannot play against the PC version as the PC version uses GameSpy and they don't currently have Macintosh support or appropriate licensing. Sorry about that :( I can say though it is a load of fun to play even against your Mac only friends. We will have an online demo in the coming weeks.

Edwin

#72 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

View Postedddeduck, on November 6th 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

You cannot play against the PC version as the PC version uses GameSpy and they don't currently have Macintosh support or appropriate licensing. Sorry about that :( I can say though it is a load of fun to play even against your Mac only friends. We will have an online demo in the coming weeks.

Edwin

That's a shame. I've only got one friend who I play regularly with and he has a PC. Guess I have to buy Flatout 2 (which AFAIK uses GameSpy) for cross-platform multiplayer gaming, then.

#73 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:36 AM

I guess there will be no cross-platform gaming when the PC user is using the newly released Windows version of Gameranger either?

#74 Scott Kevill

Scott Kevill

GameRanger

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

View Postmaccer, on November 20th 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

I guess there will be no cross-platform gaming when the PC user is using the newly released Windows version of Gameranger either?

Not as far as I know. The games themselves still need to be compatible, which isn't always possible depending on the approach the original PC game developers took.
GameRanger - play your friends online

#75 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

I don't think it is Mac / PC compatible for a number of strange protocol/platform reasons, I can't give you a breakdown of why in this case (I honestly don't remember) but networking can suffer from loads of issues  from compiler differences to build versions needing be be matched and identical. Anyway bottom line Mac / PC is not available.

Edwin

#76 gernith

gernith

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

View Postedddeduck, on October 8th 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

It is great fun (if I say so myself ;) ), you will be happy to know we will be releasing a demo every week for the next three weeks, one today, which is just a very small teaser, next week a bigger demo with a full DTM raceand one other type of car type race in it and the week after another demo with GameRanger online support for online play. For more updates on the demos etc check our mini site and news page (or maybe IMG news) for more details.

By that time you should be hooked and have ordered (and maybe received) the final game ;)

Hope everyone enjoys it as it was fun to test during the last few weeks. :)

Edwin

Are you still planning on releasing the third demo?

#77 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

View Postgernith, on December 9th 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

Are you still planning on releasing the third demo?

Yeah, stuff happened, like the LEGO Indy demo :) I do plan on getting this out maybe with a COlin online demo as well to sweeten the deal :)

Edwin

#78 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8087 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

View Postedddeduck, on December 18th 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

Yeah, stuff happened, like the LEGO Indy demo :)
Like this one?

#79 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

I've had this game on backorder from GoGamer since Thanksgiving...what's the holdup up on providing
this to some of the west coast US retailers (Amazon doesn't have it in stock either)??

#80 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1230 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

View Postplacy, on December 27th 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

I've had this game on backorder from GoGamer since Thanksgiving...what's the holdup up on providing
this to some of the west coast US retailers (Amazon doesn't have it in stock either)??

I don't know about GoGamer (or other US stores) but over in the UK I have seen LEGO Indy in the Apple store and a few other Mac shops, our pre-orders from our webstore shipped out weeks ago as well. ToCA shipped a good month before so if it's ToCA you are waiting on then I would contact GoGamer and ask about the status.

Hope you get your game soon from GoGamer!

Edwin