macdude22's Content

There have been 112 items by macdude22 (Search limited from 15-July 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#451616 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by macdude22 on 30 October 2019 - 09:40 AM in General

View PostLaurensvo, on 30 October 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

It seems that Feral isn't actively involved in this forum anymore. Perhaps the Mac community getting less relevant?

There's no Mac users here so why would they come round?

#451584 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 22 October 2019 - 06:54 AM in General

but but but m'uh steam rreeeeeeeeeeeeee

Where were the complaints when everything was a "steam exclusive". :whistling:

#451589 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 22 October 2019 - 10:32 AM in General

It's not a monopoly, publishers and customers have multiple storefront options. More options than other products in other industries. Nobody is strong arming anyone. They've incentives developers and publishers with financial favorable. These are market forces at their finest. Customers can choose not to purchase from Epic and if developers and publishers determine it's not financially beneficial for them to have exclusive or timed exclusives on Epic's storefront they won't.

Bear in mind I think Epic is complete popsnizzlee but it's not a monopoly in any sense of the word.

#451289 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 10 September 2019 - 01:59 PM in General

Bing Bong rewards baby. I haven't paid for Xbox Live for years, and now have Game Pass through 2021.

#451586 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 22 October 2019 - 09:32 AM in General

Epic entering the storefront market is literally the opposite of a monopoly but you do you.

#451180 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 26 August 2019 - 12:47 PM in General

you picked the worst DLC to start with. At best it's uninteresting, at worst it's rage inducing with invulnerable tornado enemies.

#451182 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 26 August 2019 - 04:19 PM in General

THEY ARE BASICALLY IMMUNE TO PHASELOCK TOO! Like talk about rage inducing.

it will drop them out of deathnado so it's not completely useless but you can't hold them like a normal enemy.

#451046 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 01 August 2019 - 05:32 PM in General

View PostMatt Diamond, on 01 August 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Finishing up Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void single player. I'm playing on Normal difficulty so early levels were maybe too easy, but I didn't want to take the time to play a harder difficulty level. One gripe is that on the 2nd to last level it puts you in charge of Terrans instead of Protoss, for no real reason (the story doesn't require it; both races are present in the mission). I haven't played Terrans for many years. Kind of a low blow, given that the mission is already difficult. But I'll get past it eventually.

I also licensed a copy of Virtual ][ emulator and have been rediscovering the Apple 2 games I used to play in high school. Some don't hold up TBH, and some don't play well without the Apple ][ paddle controller (I would need a non-centering dial controller but I don't know any cheap options for that). But a standard gamepad and keyboard are good enough for many of them. Karateka, Bolo, Stellar 7, Burgertime just to name a few.

Don't forget about the recently released Total Replay. Turn your Apple II or emulator into the ultimate 8-bit arcade machine.

https://archive.org/...ils/TotalReplay

#451267 Aspyr's upcoming projects

Posted by macdude22 on 05 September 2019 - 11:00 AM in General

According to the old grumps on this forum Macs are unusable for playing games so smart move Aspyr.

#451743 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 06 November 2019 - 08:35 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

It doesn't bother me but my understanding is most folks on this forum think anything sub 4K 144hz photorealistic is unplayable.

#451740 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 06 November 2019 - 07:42 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

I want you to understand how not very pretty this looks at 1280x720 and Ultra Low settings. I have attached some screenshots from the mini.

It's playable in a technical sense that it's a fluid 25-30FPS. But it's like graphical quality between PS1 and PS2.

I have been unable to get the game to load on a 2018 Air (UHD 617) so the 630 may be the bottom bar.

Attached Thumbnails

• bl32.jpg
  • BL31.jpg

#451780 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 10 November 2019 - 02:25 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

~/Library/Preferences/OakGame/GameUserSettings.ini

#451728 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 05 November 2019 - 08:13 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

For the few minutes at a time I can tolerate using a K/M I have had solid performance at 1680x944, Low settings, Texture streaming cranked to Ultra. Like 45FPS, no dips below 30. The difference between Low and Medium does not seem to make much difference to my tired eyes at the resolution I am playing at (though the Very Low -> Low difference is staggering). Playing on any higher resolution results in wild performance swings, which may be a VRAM thing (4GB 560 Pro).

I don't think any modern CPU is limiting BL3 and most performance issues are disk/texture/GPU related. I get a solid 30FPS at 1280x720 on a 2018 Mini (UHD Graphics 630, 3ghz i5) on Very Low, albeit doesn't look very good.

#451811 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 14 November 2019 - 08:20 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

I can confirm the FPS cap does not currently stick on Mac or Windows.

#452163 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 03 January 2020 - 11:03 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

I appreciate what they were trying to do by integrating in-game rewards into the social menu. Making the manufacture contact you via "mail" thus the world feels more alive. But I forget about it ALL THE TIME because normally you are in the social menu to deal with party grouping not in-game mechanics. I would rather there be a normal inventory location for these in-game related messages and items.

you are just getting started at level 50. Time to grind anointed loot to build the perfect character and work your way up mayhem levels. I see a lot of complaints about less focus on legendaries but honestly it gives it much more freedom to customize your character IMO. In BL2 you ended up grinding for the same legendaries with little regard for character specific boons.

#451978 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 13 December 2019 - 11:29 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

Make sure you are playing at a halved resolution not the native retina resolution. 4k is rough on the best of cards. IME BL3 defaulted to the native display resolution instead of a more reasonable subset. Well done ports tend to do this automatically. Even the Sims 4 defaulted to an appropriate halved resolution on my iMac.

#451668 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 01 November 2019 - 08:56 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

View PostMrUNIMOG, on 01 November 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

On the mini? Wow. That's unexpected.

Intel IGP is not as bad as the PC gaming weenies make it out to be. Not great but not terrible. That said the visuals at 1280x720 are not spectacular either but it played fluidly, once that texture streaming bullpopsnizzle was turned up (WHICH SOUNDS DUMB TURN UP THE SETTING TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE WOT).

#451649 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 31 October 2019 - 01:13 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Interestingly the lag/stuttering seems to lessen after playing for a while. Like all the streamed textures are finally loaded.

#451643 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 31 October 2019 - 12:05 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

iStat says I'm not using anywhere near all VRAM but no amount of fiddling with the settings solves the stuttering. it's only when making fast movements or it's loading new things in the distance. IF you run in a straight line the performance is fine, but then swing around and it's down to 10FPS for 3-4 seconds.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#451310 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 13 September 2019 - 03:02 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

View PostFrigidman™, on 13 September 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Cant be bothered with it on any platform until they lift the fascist epic thumb of fail on it.

lol actual fraking what are you talking about

#450937 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 08 July 2019 - 09:02 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

are you fraking old grumps for real???

frak THE LEGAL WAIVER! YOU'RE IN TORGUE COUNTRY NOW! AND THAT'S LIKE HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY

#451659 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 31 October 2019 - 03:19 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

Today on popsnizzle I don't understand I cranked the texture streaming up to Ultra and the stuttering completely stopped. Maybe low texture streaming limits the game artificially and ultra lets it stream as fast as it can off the drive (reasonably fast thunderbolt SSD). Looks great, plays great running on low at 1680x944 (which should be 945 by my math but it's what the settings say).

My controller is mapping all wrong, works fine in other games so still fiddling with that. It's possible the frantic rain driver is conflicting with the game some how.

#451664 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 01 November 2019 - 07:08 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

They need to just force this Texture Streaming thing to Ultra. Game is perfectly playable on a 2018 mini using the integrated 630, albeit at Low settings and 720p resolution (so kind of ugly). Again if you drop the Texture Streaming to low it lags all over but if you tick it up to High or Ultra it's smooth as butter.

Still can't get the gal damn controller to work.

#451662 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 31 October 2019 - 04:40 PM in Mac Action & Shooters

I don't really use it, kids use it mostly. I will try sometime but the 650M was standard Nvidia hot garbage the first day it came off the the assembly line. I can't imagine BL3 will even launch on it.

Controller is really pissing me off tho, the mapping is so messed up and even if I try to remap two of the d-pad directions don't even register. Game is unplayable with K/M.

#451666 Borderlands 3!

Posted by macdude22 on 01 November 2019 - 07:37 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

K/M are unusable in FPS games.

I have it on xbox, would rather play it on Xbox, but grandpa tBC insists on playing it on Windows because his eyes are bad on account of being old as dirt.

Playing games on computer is the opposite of a luxury, it's like work and torture all rolled into one.