23 replies to this topic

#21 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

Comcast et al definitely have the resources (ie, sitting on billions in cash) to build out their networks into lesser populated areas, but don't (probably because expenditure wouldn't generate much revenue), so broadband in rural US is still a problem. Which in 2017 is ridiculous. :-(

Maybe FB or Google will get their drone networks up and running soon....
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#22 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

Internet is up and running. All is well in my world again. The tech was a really nice young guy who did a good job here on what turned out to be a project for him taking four hours altogether. He had to run a new line to me from the pole.

Now, with a whole terabyte of data per month I can come here and just write up all kinds of interesting stuff for you guys to read while you should be working!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 September 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I can come here and just write up all kinds of interesting stuff for you guys to read while you should be working!

Working?  Great Scott man, I'm not only retired, I'm a cat.  Anyway in my own aloof way, I'm grudgingly happy everything worked out for you.  Tuna.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 September 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

Internet is up and running. All is well in my world again. The tech was a really nice young guy who did a good job here on what turned out to be a project for him taking four hours altogether. He had to run a new line to me from the pole.

Now, with a whole terabyte of data per month I can come here and just write up all kinds of interesting stuff for you guys to read while you should be working!

You need to decide between 2-3 competing products again. Those writeups are a hell of a hoot.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.