Should I take the Red Spoon or the Blue Spoon?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:00 PM

And what should I use to wash the spoon down?

One Way of Looking at Life
Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#2 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Colonel Chaos

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2315 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:51 PM

…Wat M8?

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4499 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:16 PM

Fork it.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 12:13 AM

View PostTetsuya, on 03 September 2021 - 04:51 PM, said:

…Wat M8?
I8 it but I don't know if M8 it. Ask Bond?

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 September 2021 - 09:16 PM, said:

Fork it.
There is no fork™.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#5 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3509 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 08 September 2021 - 09:17 PM

What is the matrix?
16" MBP: i9 9880H @ 2.3 GHz || Radeon 5500M 8GB || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB SSD
Desktop: 5600X || RTX 3070 || 32 GB DDR4 || 1TB 970 EvoPlus + 1TB Seagate FireCuda
Other: 30TB Plex Server || Series X || PS5 || iPhone 12

#6 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 10:00 PM

Vell, DaMatrix's just zis guy, you know? Sneaky, like two intertwining... umm, never mind.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#7 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 10:14 PM

It's got an agent motor, a 420 plant. It's got agent tires, agent suspension, agent shocks. It's a model made before zionistic converters so it'll run good on regular humans.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17753 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 11:48 AM

We're putting the band back together!  

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 12:17 PM

Yes, but are we going to play both types music this time? Red and blue(s)?

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#10 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 12:28 PM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 08 September 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

I just learned what I missed by skipping to the end. I didn't realize I was skipping scenes from the new movie. I caught the trailer, which I hope is as inaccurate as most trailers. I hope it mostly showed remakes of scenes we already know and that all the cool new stuff will be revealed when I watch the movie.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3268 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:44 PM

I can't see the Wachowski's doing a complete retread of the first movie. Something like Superman Returns or Force Awakens? I think they'd be bored by that. And yet the trailer had many similar looking scenes. Could be they don't want to give anything new away. Or the people who put the trailer together thought nostalgia was needed to get butts in seats.

(Sequels are trickier now than they've ever been, I think. If fans think you are changing too much you can get a big backlash even before the movie comes out. If it's too much the same, people complain about that, though maybe not quite as loudly.)

I'm looking forward to it, anyway. I kind of wish I hadn't watched that trailer now - when a friend dragged me to the original Matrix I didn't even know what genre of movie I was about to see. That was a great way to watch it.

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#12 Atticus

Atticus

Not Wearing Pants

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:25 PM

Most unoriginal trailer I've ever seen in my life. As if Jefferson Airplane wasn't hint enough, they had to bash you over the head with a shot of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. :bleedingeyes: Jesus h.
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#13 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 04:56 PM

I could have done without a 4th. Heck, I could have done without the 2nd and 3rd. The 1st was so original and its sequels were so cliché/Hollywood-formulaic that they were disappointing. Granted, bullet time did set the bar high for originality. Was it a wrist watch commercial I saw using bullet time right after The Matrix came out? Of course I'm going to watch the 4th one. And I may pay to see it in a theater (safely, of course) even if it is free on my HBO Max plan. Maybe the trailer set my bar low and I will be pleasantly surprised by the movie. (I would have like to have seen more Sense8 than another Matrix.)

BTW: I can never remember which pill is which. I think the, "You take the red pill...you stay in Wonderland," throws me off. You take the red pill and stay in the Matrix (ie, we do not wake you up). It contrasts with the rest of the dialogue, forever cementing the pills in the Eh?-land of mind.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#14 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 09 September 2021 - 05:30 PM

Cool, a sequel to the Matrix after all these years! Didn't think it needed one but maybe it'll be OK.

Also, why is there a Morpheus impersonator? I'd heard that Fishbourne would've come back, but he wasn't asked. So I figured Morpheus just wasn't in the script.

#15 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

Since we're chatting about movies, was the main point of X-Men: Apocalypse to get the professor bald?

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#16 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17753 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:41 PM

Since we're chatting about bald, how's your faced lying going these days?  :shifty:
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#17 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:08 PM

Things (ie, faces) get hairy when your lying (face) is as bald as mine (face). A little of this misinformation and a little of that truth... and suddenly you are wondering why they keep telling you to put on pants. Maybe they are afraid that I'll catch a cold.

I have "moved" to the original dark side, aka Windows, more for gaming than anything else. I am equally (dis)functional on any OS.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17753 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 01:04 PM

I too have switched to PC gaming.  I wish I could do it on my Mac but the platform isn't getting the titles I want and I cannot get the hang of controllers, the Y axis is reversed in my mind.  Now if an xbox would give you a switch to reverse the Y axis, I would get one of those to game on because I'm told that it is more hassle free. instead I opted for a windows box, better graphics and frame rates and the Y axis is as I expected.  I felt a little unclean at first, but I still have a desktop M1 Mac mini and use it for absolutely everything besides games.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#19 Bernie

Bernie

Naughty

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 01:27 PM

Apple kind of drove me away, starting long before I got a PC at home. Their products got harder & harder for me to use. It's like Apple took their own original Human Interface Guidelines and threw them out the window, replacing them with guidelines that maximized profit instead of usability. (Too many companies equate profit with customer satisfaction.) I had an iPhone for a while; now it is Android. I don't know if it is better (for me). Still plenty of annoyances on every platform.

I had worked in an office for 14 years, using Windows the whole time. I'm used (enough) to Windows to deal with it daily. Also, if you spend a lot of time in a web browser, it makes the OS choice less important. So now I'm typing on a computer that I spent less on and got more (gaming) performance from. And greater gaming choices. I'm not used to controllers, so console gaming is not for me. (Kind of ironic, considering my age. But modern controllers have a bit more to them than the old Atari 2600 joysticks.)

I don't think I could handle having both a PC and a Mac at the same time. I used to have & use both in the past, but time has age me and cognitive decline is real.

Good to be a Master.
Better to be a Teacher.
Best to be a Student.

#20 Atticus

Atticus

Not Wearing Pants

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1034 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 03:59 PM

I abandoned Mac gaming and finally built my first PC gaming rig years ago. My logic was this: what's more important--maintaining an arbitrary allegiance to an operating system because reasons, or being able to play and enjoy AAA titles and a mountain of others? I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face. So Windows gaming it was. No regrets.

I still have an ancient 2014 Mini that I use for everyday computing, though.
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."