the_cloudgazer

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:41 AM

Just been over at the mini-site.

Hot Damn - the game looks great!!!

I've purposely stayed away from screenshots, trailers, etc. (its not been easy)
But wow!

And I'm also seriously impressed with the system requirements.

Can't wait!

Gaming on a Mac looks set to get a little bit better.

#22 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:33 AM

I've just looked at The Movies Online site, and I noticed that one could buy props there with VC (virtuals credits, I assume) one has earned. Will those work just as well with the Mac version?
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#23 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

i got bored with the movies after about 2 hours. probably because i have movies of my own i have to finnish

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#24 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

View Postaussiemacgamer, on June 18th 2006, 06:26 AM, said:

i got bored with the movies after about 2 hours. probably because i have movies of my own i have to finnish
OK this is a stupid question because not only have I not been following "The Movies" but I haven't looked it up it's website.  But I have seen some promo's for it and I'm guessing that they look like they were supposed to have been done using "The Movies".  Can you make your own movies using this game?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#25 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

yes!

you can either play it as if it were Film Director Tycoon, and just get the game to do everything for you, or you can (mainly for the fun of it, cos it generally has very little impact on the actual game) go in depth, write the script, direct the scenes, add sound, voice etc. etc. etc.

making movies is kind of an added bonus really, but i just know that id create some ridiculous 2 hour epic zombie film or something equally ace.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#26 George K.

George K.

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:59 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on June 18th 2006, 05:17 PM, said:

OK this is a stupid question because not only have I not been following "The Movies" but I haven't looked it up it's website.  But I have seen some promo's for it and I'm guessing that they look like they were supposed to have been done using "The Movies".  Can you make your own movies using this game?

Gary,

For more info, follow this link if The Movies' minisite is a bit too much of a stretch.

Cheers,
GK

[Edit - Thanks.  BTW I fixed that feral link for you - tBC]

#27 DemiGodRob

DemiGodRob

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

I have been following this game for a long time.  Even talked my friend into buying it.  It looked like a cool sim.  However after a few days of playing it my friend lost interest.  he said he liked it, but the making movie aspect to it ended up not being what he wanted.  more time vrs output.  What I like the sim part of it and if I get cool movies then im all for it.  But i have to agree, that after watching him play a few times it did look like it wont have staying power.  Not like Tropico or Tropico 2.  I can start that game up any time and lose a couple hours.   :D