• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ethanjarvis

ethanjarvis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:18 AM

Hello everyone,

I installed the Catalina today and found that my MacBook is running slow on this upgraded OSX. Then I deleted the junk files and cleared the disk space. Also, I removed the old Time Machine Backup. By mistakenly lost the few critical data, Is there any way to get back those files?

#2 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:05 AM

You deleted your entire Time Machine backup, and have no other backup? Then you are out of luck...you could try disk recovery software like DiskWarrior.

BTW, in the future, I recommend a hybrid backup approach: Time Machine coupled with a clone using something like SuperDuper. Do the clone once a month, or before any major install. Then you can quickly get back to a working state if something bad happens.

And bonus points if you have an off-site backup plan as well. For example, I leave an external drive at my parent’s that I backup to once a year. A better option would be to use a service like BackBlaze that continuously does an online backup. That way if your home bursts into flames, you’re covered.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macOS, macOS Catalina, data lost, Mac, Time Machine Backup, Time Machine