the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

View Postipickert55, on 06 May 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

View PostJanichsan, on 06 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

But seriously, when in the history of mankind has a thread on IMG not been derailed at some point?
Truer words never spoken. I don't even know whats going on anymore.

I'm the worst offender of all.  The only way I get into trouble it seems is with my own big mouth.  I want to apologize to ipickert55 and Janichsan and especially to Matt Diamond who I know this has driven crazy in the past.  I promise hereon after to never derail a thread nor to contribute to a thread that has been derailed.  My apologies again to all this has annoyed.  It stops now.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8271 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

Wait… the Battle Cat… apologizes? :blink:

Should we be worried? Is it the end of times?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2613 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 08 May 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm the worst offender of all.  The only way I get into trouble it seems is with my own big mouth.  I want to apologize to ipickert55 and Janichsan and especially to Matt Diamond who I know this has driven crazy in the past.  I promise hereon after to never derail a thread nor to contribute to a thread that has been derailed.  My apologies again to all this has annoyed.  It stops now.

I've gotten more chill about it, to tell the truth. I had strong memories of how these forums used to operate, and was maybe too stuck on that ideal.

I will occasionally discourage total derailment of a thread where there is a high signal-to-noise ratio. Examples being, threads where people seek advice, or where there is an ongoing list of Mac MMOs. Particularly new-ish members. I've done this maybe 2-3 times. (I would also like the forums be friendly to all genders, even though the number of readers is very small. I think I've only spoken up about that once, though maybe it should have been more.)

But tBC, please don't think I take the derailments personally. You don't drive me crazy! I'm just trying to see the forums as they might appear to outsiders.

Also, if the forums become too self-indulgent, Tuncer might force us to pay to keep them open. :-)
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#5 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Steam Name:Triton
  • Steam ID:triton98

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

I haven't ever taken it personally either, no worries Kitty, though I do appreciate you saying this. I think our community is pretty cool and I can't recall ever being frustrated or annoyed (I won't lie Ballmer is pushing it though), so no sweat. Y'all are cool!
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

My GOG name is ipickert55, feel free to add me!

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

Pats the kitty. I loves you tBC. Youíll always be fine with me.

I know I derail conversations sometimes myself and after reading the above posts I am reminded I should try harder to avoid this. I think in a small community it is especially easy to get off track as often here it feels like a conversation among friends. Thatís the beauty of small. Still, this remains a format that comes with certain expectations that arenít unreasonable.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3963 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Postipickert55, on 08 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

I haven't ever taken it personally either, no worries Kitty, though I do appreciate you saying this.
This ^

The continuing derailing of threads is kind of the charm of the community, because we all do it, and we all keep them going, and fill them with funny nonsense, which we all love.

I think our community is pretty cool and I can't recall ever being frustrated or annoyed (I won't lie Ballmer is pushing it though), so no sweat. Y'all are cool!
And this. I consider Ballmer a first rate troll, with his endless spamming of completely pointless and lousy humored threads that just fill up the forum for no reason what so ever than to satisfy his apparently very empty life.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

I wouldnít be too tough on Mr. Ballmer. Thereís always a real person on the other side of the screen whoís thinking, motivations and feelings may not be understood or interpreted correctly. I for one have never thought to ask him if heís really an Apple user just fooling around or a PC user who only means it in fun or whatever. I didnít really bother me. Iíve just gone along for the ride myself and didnít really mind because thereís never been a single mean spirited or incendiary post out of the guy. I did find some of the memes funny too but to each their own.

I mean well here, I really do but when posts like these get under your skin and I appreciate how they could too, itís a lot better to just PM a moderator and let them privately address it rather than risk being unkind to someone who may never have meant to irritate or offend you to begin with no matter how it might have seemed so.

You know whatís really funny? This thread is already fraking derailed!

LOL!!!

We really are hopeless. See, donít you feel better now tBC? We wanted to stay on topic, We really did but we just had to do this so youíd feel better about the whole thing. Youíre welcome.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#9 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2613 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 09 May 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

You know what's really funny? This thread is already fraking derailed!

I was tempted to post some actual Mac game news into this thread-- I thought that would be a funny way to try to derail an off-topic thread about derailing threads.

I didn't do it for two reasons: 1) I thought the joke was too subtle. 2) I couldn't find any Mac game news. :-(
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#10 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

Crossover 64-bit support.

https://www.codeweav...pport-for-macos
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#11 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2613 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

I demand an apology from Macdude22 for railing this thread!
www.mindthecube.com

#12 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6175 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 09 May 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Crossover 64-bit support.

https://www.codeweav...pport-for-macos

Posted Image
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#13 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 08 May 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

I admit there's been a couple times I was like "ugh" when following a notification to a topic I posted, seeking advice, to only find kitty-litter everywhere.  :wallbash:

However, I quickly remember personal messages like this one.

Sent 21 September 2017 - 11:58 AM
I see you lurking!  I miss you and I'm sure others do too.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

All good, brother !! Carry on!

:)
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#14 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 09 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I demand an apology from Macdude22 for railing this thread!

Survey says.......no

#15 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6175 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:20 AM

Raw footage of when the fun police caught up with tBC:

Posted Image
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.