What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1777 replies to this topic

#1701 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6130 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

Been playing The Division again and really enjoying the overhaul the game got with 1.8. They finally got the game in the condition it should have shipped in. Better late than never as I'm having tons of fun with it now in its current state. Also enjoying they're doing a rerun of the last four Global Events, one per weekend, this month for the second anniversary of the game's release. Adds super-fun modifiers to the world for 3 days a week.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1702 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

Currently having fun with Northgard, a Viking-themed old-school RTS, whilst waiting for Battle for Azeroth to be released.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#1703 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

Weirdly, after writing the above, I get an email inviting me into the BfA alpha. That's one of them coincedental wotsits.

#1704 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17553 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

There ain't no setch thing as a cornincidence ya gol dang idget!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1705 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

*spooky music*

#1706 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

Still playing Fallout 4. Might never end...? Think I have over 20k rounds of .38 ammo.
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#1707 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3904 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostAtticus, on 13 March 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Still playing Fallout 4. Might never end...? Think I have over 20k rounds of .38 ammo.
Why don't you shoot something?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1708 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17553 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

Same here Atticus.  Fallout 4 morning noon and night, might be the perfect game for me.  I made a sweet little max-modded auto pipe rifle to help burn that .38 ammo off.  I used so much .38 ammo that I had to stop and save it for bugs only.  Mmmmm mmm, bloatfly for breakfast!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1709 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:19 PM

Iíve been finally getting back into the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. They are quite janky at times but I havenít played a game with a better realized post apocalyptic atmosphere. Makes Fallout look like Disneyland.

I started the first one in 2010, then my iMacís hard drive died but I didnít have a backup for Bootcamp. Then meth addicts stole my Windows SSD (long story) in 2016, and I lost another round of progress. But then I finally learned how you can create save games, and finally finished the first one.

Anyway, just goes to show itís never too late to finish a good game.

#1710 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6130 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

View PostAtticus, on 13 March 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Hey, you’re starting to approach me in real life. I better buy more before you pass me.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1711 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 13 March 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Why don't you shoot something?

Lol, I'm shootin'! Usually lots of raiders in the face. I just prefer something with more "oomph," like the recon combat shotgun w/night scope  (174 dmg) or plasma sniper rifle with bleeding damage. That one hurts.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 13 March 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Same here Atticus.  Fallout 4 morning noon and night, might be the perfect game for me.  I made a sweet little max-modded auto pipe rifle to help burn that .38 ammo off.  I used so much .38 ammo that I had to stop and save it for bugs only.  Mmmmm mmm, bloatfly for breakfast!

mmmmmmm. See above!

View PostFrost, on 13 March 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hey, you’re starting to approach me in real life. I better buy more before you pass me.

...which is why I never poach your animals. :w00t:

#1712 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3904 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Halfway through Act 2 in Diablo. I had a vague memory that I liked Act 1 the best when I played vanilla, and well, the plot and execution of Act 2, is really boring so far.

View PostAtticus, on 13 March 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Lol, I'm shootin'! Usually lots of raiders in the face. I just prefer something with more "oomph," like the recon combat shotgun w/night scope  (174 dmg) or plasma sniper rifle with bleeding damage.
So you are actually not using the ammo! Why gather it then? You have to watch out or you will end up like a hermit with a large piece of land filled with old rusting parts...

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1713 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17553 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostAtticus, on 13 March 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

mmmmmmm. See above!

I carry oomph.  I have a legendary shotty that will put a Deathclaw on the menu with 3 shots, the fight is over before it starts.  Also packing around a legendary explosive round combat rifle that is devastating to the target and anything around it with splash damage.  The auto pipe rifle is for grins and giggles.  It makes putting down feral ghouls and raiders a bit more fun and challenging because it is so weak.  Watching the spent casings arc through the air during Cat Time is pure art.  (Cat Time is like Bullet Time for you monkey folk.)  Budda budda baby.

Now all that aside, my usual tactics are stealth.  I'll approach an enemy base with a silenced legendary sniper rifle and take out all the guards.  A .308 projectile is usually the last thing that goes through their minds. Then once inside I'll finish my wet work by sneaking around with a silenced legendary 10mm pistol that loves to prune arms and legs.  Cats really are sneaky little bastards.  When the popsnizzle hits the fan I switch to my legendary combat rifle and get everybody to calm down.

We all really can just get along... but that always seems to involve them laying naked and looted on the floor.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1714 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 14 March 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

Halfway through Act 2 in Diablo. I had a vague memory that I liked Act 1 the best when I played vanilla, and well, the plot and execution of Act 2, is really boring so far.

So you are actually not using the ammo! Why gather it then? You have to watch out or you will end up like a hermit with a large piece of land filled with old rusting parts...

I'm a hoarder and I have a problem! Per a previous post, I have three footlockers in Sanctuary where I've dumped everything I've found (apparel, weapons, misc, food, etc etc). I will never use any of it. So basically I've spent over 220+ hours "moving" virtual stuff from one place to another. I also did this with Fallout 3. Hm.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 14 March 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

I carry oomph.  I have a legendary shotty that will put a Deathclaw on the menu with 3 shots, the fight is over before it starts.  Also packing around a legendary explosive round combat rifle that is devastating to the target and anything around it with splash damage.  The auto pipe rifle is for grins and giggles.  It makes putting down feral ghouls and raiders a bit more fun and challenging because it is so weak.  Watching the spent casings arc through the air during Cat Time is pure art.  (Cat Time is like Bullet Time for you monkey folk.)  Budda budda baby.

Now all that aside, my usual tactics are stealth.  I'll approach an enemy base with a silenced legendary sniper rifle and take out all the guards.  A .308 projectile is usually the last thing that goes through their minds. Then once inside I'll finish my wet work by sneaking around with a silenced legendary 10mm pistol that loves to prune arms and legs.  Cats really are sneaky little bastards.  When the popsnizzle hits the fan I switch to my legendary combat rifle and get everybody to calm down.

We all really can just get along... but that always seems to involve them laying naked and looted on the floor.

Lol. I have no patience for stealth, I guess. After a day spent wrangling my twins, wife, and numbskulls at work, I just want to blow stuff up good 'n' loud.

#1715 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3904 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostAtticus, on 15 March 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm a hoarder and I have a problem! Per a previous post, I have three footlockers in Sanctuary where I've dumped everything I've found (apparel, weapons, misc, food, etc etc). I will never use any of it. So basically I've spent over 220+ hours "moving" virtual stuff from one place to another. I also did this with Fallout 3. Hm.
Heh, I suffered from that when I was playing Realms back in the days. I bought up all items from all vendors in the game, and sold them to the one specific vendor I liked the most. I mean, I moved everything in the game from several shopping interfaces, to one shopping interface. I guess I had too much money by then.

#1716 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 15 March 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Heh, I suffered from that when I was playing Realms back in the days. I

Bloody hell, there's a game I've not thought of in, er, well - decades.
/pours one out for Fantasoft*

*not really, what am I, made of money?

#1717 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2086 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:51 AM

When I was a kid playing Realmz I always thought it was neat Tim Phillips basically lived right up the road. Then Scott Adams ended up basically across the street and thats how I got signed copies of Adventureland.

Who's this wierdo asking for me to sign floppy disks......act naturally maybe he won't kill me >_>
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1718 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2559 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:39 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 16 March 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

Then Scott Adams ended up basically across the street and thats how I got signed copies of Adventureland.

For a few seconds my brain was stuck on the wrong Scott Adams, then I remembered. That is very cool!
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#1719 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (Season Pass Edition): the most fun I had since Far Cry 3, or Borderlands 1. Kind of a Far Cry 3/4 clone, minus the fauna hunting and with an added drone which is extremely handy for surveying the area and tagging targets. Graphics are gorgeous but GPU intensive: my GTX 1070 handles 40-50 fps in 1440p with all settings maxed out. Expect at least 40 h of play time if you aim to do all side missions and points of interests. Some bugs but nothing game breaking. Loading times are a bit long (the game is large, 60 GB) so if you have room on a SSD (I hadn't) it should help. Definitely recommended!

#1720 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8187 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

I replayed Bioshock 2 the last couple of days. By accident, actually, since I originally wanted to play the Minerva's Den DLC (which I have never played yet), but I clicked the wrong option by mistake and started a normal campaign. So I just rolled with it…

I'm still a bit divided about this game: on the one hand, it plays so much better than Bioshock 1 with its cumbersome switching between the plasmids and weapons. On the other hand, the plot and the writing is simply much worse. (Even though this is still the only Bioshock game which gives a good reason for the protagonist to kill countless of the game's settings inhabitants.)

When I originally played BS2 a couple of years ago, I was massively disappointed that the plot twist I expected and which the game seems to hint at never came. But even with that knowledge, there still are so many issues with plot holes and major logic flaws. (Just to name a few: Why does Rapture even still exist eight years after the collapse of its society and a devastating civil war? Why do the Big Sister keep attacking Delta, even when he's saving the Little Sisters? How can Delta get "memories" from dead splicers' ADAM of proceedings of which they absolutely can have no knowledge? Why does Gil Alexander transform into a giant slug, while Eleanor remains apparently unaffected from the same treatment? How and when did Alexander record these elaborate instructions to "liberate" him? And for whom?) BS2 even manages to aggravate flaws already existing in BS1: I only say "Vita Chambers"…

The level in which you gain control of a Little Sister and see Rapture through her eyes is still genius, though.

And I have to admit that I got that stupid "Gene Tonic" pun only now… :glare:

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"