10 replies to this topic

#1 iluvmymactoo

iluvmymactoo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

I was hoping to use the cheat to increase some of my Sims 2 skills, but it seems Aspyr have denied us this pleasure as well.

After Ctrl-Shft-C you enter boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true and then should be able to click on a skill and drag it's bubble to the right to increase it. Wrong!  :glare:

Last Aspyr game I'll ever buy.

#2 LordViking

LordViking

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:06 PM

iluvmymactoo, on August 22nd 2005, 03:59 PM, said:

I was hoping to use the cheat to increase some of my Sims 2 skills, but it seems Aspyr have denied us this pleasure as well.

After Ctrl-Shft-C you enter boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true and then should be able to click on a skill and drag it's bubble to the right to increase it. Wrong!  :glare:

View Post

you can.  It does work, keep trying.  Keep buying games from Aspyr.
In Soviet Russia, signature read you!

#3 Mandrake628

Mandrake628

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

You shouldn't deny yourself half of the Mac gaming market...

Mandrake628

#4 Laure

Laure

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

I haven't tried raising them using the cheat code, but I have used merola's painting to raise skill levels, it works without a hitch.  you can get at mts2 or at merola's sims 2 section at sims chaotics

#5 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17763 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:33 PM

iluvmymactoo, on August 22nd 2005, 02:59 PM, said:

After Ctrl-Shft-C you enter boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true and then should be able to click on a skill and drag it's bubble to the right to increase it. Wrong!  :glare:

View Post

You need to chant "Meka leka hi, meka hiney ho!" while cheating to make it work, but take it from me, the Sims will never respect you again.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#6 davebaum

davebaum

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:27 PM

iluvmymactoo, on August 22nd 2005, 05:59 PM, said:

View Post

Is the cheat code itself taking effect - if you right-click on the currently selected sim do you get the debug menu?  For me it sometimes takes a couple of tries before the boolProp takes effect.

Even with the debug menus showing up I was having trouble getting skills/needs dragging to work, but then I noticed that if I go into options and change a graphics setting such as resolution or transparency the drags would start working.  They would keep working even after I changed the resolution or transparency back to its original setting.  I suspect the cheat code initially has the wrong idea about the screen coordinates for the click and dragging, but changing major graphics settings causes the debug code to refresh its idea of how large the screen is, etc and the drag coordinates start working.

Dave

#7 iluvmymactoo

iluvmymactoo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:35 AM

davebaum, on August 23rd 2005, 01:27 PM, said:

Is the cheat code itself taking effect - if you right-click on the currently selected sim do you get the debug menu?  For me it sometimes takes a couple of tries before the boolProp takes effect.

Even with the debug menus showing up I was having trouble getting skills/needs dragging to work, but then I noticed that if I go into options and change a graphics setting such as resolution or transparency the drags would start working.  They would keep working even after I changed the resolution or transparency back to its original setting.  I suspect the cheat code initially has the wrong idea about the screen coordinates for the click and dragging, but changing major graphics settings causes the debug code to refresh its idea of how large the screen is, etc and the drag coordinates start working.

Dave

View Post

Thanks for that information. I tried what you recommended and it worked a treat  :D  Should I turn off the boolProp when I'm finished or is it right to stay as is for future use?

#8 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:33 AM

Cheaters

:P
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#9 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:05 PM

The iMac Man, on August 23rd 2005, 09:33 AM, said:

Cheaters

Or "advanced feature finders?"
;)

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#10 luws

luws

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

iluvmymactoo, on August 23rd 2005, 02:35 AM, said:

Thanks for that information. I tried what you recommended and it worked a treat  :D  Should I turn off the boolProp when I'm finished or is it right to stay as is for future use?

View Post

I haven't used the cheat myself, but I've read a lot of cautions that say turn it off when you're done or else it can wreck havoc with your game.

#11 iluvmymactoo

iluvmymactoo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:28 PM

The iMac Man, on August 24th 2005, 12:33 AM, said:

Cheaters
:P

View Post

Snoozers are losers, winners are grinners  :D