UmarOMC1

Gaming way too long

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:02 AM

Portal Reloaded adds 'preliminary' Linux and macOS support on Steam

By Liam Dawe - 4 May 2021 at 3:34 pm UTC

Portal Reloaded, a very popular community made mod for Portal 2 recently arrived on Steam and as of the latest update the developer added in preliminary Linux and macOS support.

In this community made mod you play as test subject [4-5-0-9]. Awoken from stasis by an automated AI, you are expected to complete a very special test course. Within the depths of Aperture Science, secluded from the rest of the facility, lies a previously unknown and long forgotten testing track.  Mixing up the gameplay from the originals, it adds in a third portal that allows for time travel into 20 years in the future.

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyjePmpEAqo[/media[/media]]

macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII

macOS 10.15.x/Manjario KDE/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8714 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:34 AM

Now, if Portal 2 just were still playable under new versions of macOS...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:11 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 08 May 2021 - 12:34 AM, said:

Now, if Portal 2 just were still playable under new versions of macOS...

From a company(Valve) that was created by former microsoft employees. Really makes you wonder who they are loyal to.
What is a man?

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4567 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:05 AM

View PostIchigo27, on 10 June 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

From a company(Valve) that was created by former microsoft employees. Really makes you wonder who they are loyal to.
I think the Steam management have made it very clear that if something makes money, then that is where their loyalty is.
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: portal, portal 2, portal reloaded, free, community, mod