Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3712 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 22 March 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

For me it's Unreal. The very first one. Oh the jaw-dropping graphics, 3Dfx Voodoo powered.
Oh yeah, that was amazing! The first 5 minutes up until the lights went out were incredible!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#122 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2419 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

The first Bioshock springs to mind- a great marriage of graphics and visual design. And that moment early on where, after swimming through dark storm-tossed sea, and entering a stark lonely lighthouse, you go underwater and suddenly there's the lit up city. A perfect "you're not in Kansas anymore" moment.

While the newest games have the best graphics in general, the improvements have mostly been incremental. So the moments when I was overwhelmed by a game's graphics tend to be older games. For example, I think Descent or Descent 2 was the first hardware accelerated 3D game I played-- the fluidity of movement was amazing.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#123 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Now that winter is finally over (pretty biased towards the Northern hemisphere over here...), we have a new question for you:

What game did you play the most this winter, and why?
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#124 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

WoW Legion, because I enjoy the super-casual aspects of the game. It's essentially a single-player MMO if you want it to be, which suits me very well.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#125 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17264 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

Checking Steam, it is the Borderlands franchise, with BL2 leading.  The different classes just beg to be be played and explored in a FPS/RPG heaven.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#126 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3712 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Angry Birds 2 and Icewind Dale EE.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#127 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

WotLK -- a 9 year old game but an awesome one before WoW went downhill and then ruined by later expansions.

#128 MrUNIMOG

MrUNIMOG

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 24 April 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Now that winter is finally over (pretty biased towards the Northern hemisphere over here...), we have a new question for you:

Didn't play much, mostly Counter Strike: Global Offensive and War Thunder.
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3) — 3.1 GHz i5-6287U | Iris 550 | 16 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash | Space Gray
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) — 3.4 GHz i7-3770 | GTX 680MX | 8 GB RAM | 1 TB Fusion Drive
iMac (Flat Panel) — 700 MHz PPC 7450 (G4) | GeForce2 MX | 640 MB RAM | 40 GB HDD
iMac (5 Flavors)— 333 MHz PPC 750 (G3) | ATI Rage Pro | 512 MB RAM | 6 GB HDD | Tangerine
iMac— 233 MHz PPC 750 (G3) | ATI Rage Pro | 128 MB RAM | 4 GB HDD

iPad Air 2 — 64 GB | Space Gray
iPhone 5s — 32 GB | Space Gray
iPad — 16 GB
iPod touch (3rd generation) — 32 GB

iPod touch — 8 GB

Apple Watch (1st generation) — 42 mm | Stainless Steel

Plus some other old Macs and iPods not currently in use...

#129 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3712 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostSpike, on 24 April 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

WotLK -- a 9 year old game but an awesome one before WoW went downhill and then ruined by later expansions.
That was indeed the peak of WOW. After that, it became a kiddy hand holding game.

What server are you playing on? Since Blizzard is running around in circles regarding legacy servers, I was thinking of rejecting the idea of handing them my money, and finding an unofficial server.

#130 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8008 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostEllieFeral, on 24 April 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I think that's the third question for the newsletter in a row that I have to answer with "Mad Max": the setting, the characters, the gorgeous scenery, and a certain amount of OCD had me captivated until all the tiny icons on the maps were cleared.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#131 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 April 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

That was indeed the peak of WOW. After that, it became a kiddy hand holding game.

What server are you playing on? Since Blizzard is running around in circles regarding legacy servers, I was thinking of rejecting the idea of handing them my money, and finding an unofficial server.

I like the kiddy hand-holding aspect of WoW now.

I'm old, I don't have the time- or inclination to raid even semi-competitively, and yet when I log into the game there's always some way to progress a character, even if I'm only playing for 30 minutes. I appreciate that.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#132 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 25 April 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

I started last December on PrimalWow, a progressive one that uses v3.35 client but on classic L60 database and about to open up the first expansion to L70.

#133 EllieFeral

EllieFeral

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

Now that Dawn of War III has been announced for macOS, we have an appropriate new question for you:

What's the best faction you've played in a strategy game, and why?
Posted Image
                          I'm from Feral Interactive.
Website / Support / Twitter / Facebook / YouTube / Twitch

#134 Spike

Spike

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Playing the United States as the allies in Combat Mission. First and foremost, because it is not a fantasy faction. Then theres the obvious reasons being American, won the war, emerged as superpower, etc...