What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#1461 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

I just ignored the inventory in ME 1 altogether.

#1462 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 03 January 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Ya'll ain't seen popsnizzle inventory until you've seen Mass Effect 1.
Been there hated it. Game was fun, but holy hell the UI ... HOLY HELL THE UI!!! OH THE NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didnt improve in ME2. And I wont play ME3 because I refuse to use Origin.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1463 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 January 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Been there hated it. Game was fun, but holy hell the UI ... HOLY HELL THE UI!!! OH THE NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didnt improve in ME2. And I wont play ME3 because I refuse to use Origin.

I played them on 360 so dunno about origin. ME3 was probably better than 1 though 2 was arguably the best.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1464 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6173 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

I liked the story and gameplay of ME1 the most, but yeah, that inventory system was godawful.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 8086K / 32GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1465 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2193 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostFrost, on 03 January 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I liked the story and gameplay of ME1 the most, but yeah, that inventory system was godawful.

Agreed.  Thankfully it could be mostly avoided if you knew how to exploit the doctor early in the game and could just buy whatever you wanted from the vendors.

#1466 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 01 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Did they completely nerf the living hell out of the loot tables?

From start to finish, and killen the big nasty... the loot drops were so terrible, I think I'm gonna have a hard time getting my brother to even play BL2 at this point. Even the big guy, dropped a handful of 'white' crap, ammo, and ONE blue AR that didnt even have elemental to it. And all the bosses/big things along the way, all the side missions (except the specific weapon drops keyed into the game), the loot was abysmal. We were hobbling along the entire game with crap about 90% of the time.

When I first played BL1 so long ago, one thing I recall was "AWESOME LOOT!" ... and I actually hunted out every loot chest I could find, for goodies and stuff. But now, we saw a loot chest and looked at each other and said "just crap" before even opening it.

There wasnt even anything ever good to BUY in the venders, and man, we checked the venders everywhere we went.

What gives ?! Does it play better SOLO, and this total nerfdom of crap loot is what happens with CO-OP?? Will it be this popsnizzleastic in BL2 too now? Should we even bother with BL2?

I took a siren to level 12 yesterday and got great drops, most of my weapons in my inventory are green, blue and purple.  Seems the same to me, at least with solo.  Co-op is supposed to drop better loot, never played co-op BL1 so I can't make a comparison.  Accuracy seemed the same, but it did make me recall how BL1 payed close attention to accuracy percentages, where as BL2 was much much more forgiving and generous when doing the calculation, that might explain why going from 2 to 1 felt nerfed.  

I was playing Feral's port which didn't have an opportunity to get nerfed.  Were you playing it on a PC in Steam?  That would give it rich and ample opportunity to get nerfed to hell.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1467 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 January 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

I took a siren to level 12 yesterday and got great drops, most of my weapons in my inventory are green, blue and purple.  Seems the same to me, at least with solo.  Co-op is supposed to drop better loot, never played co-op BL1 so I can't make a comparison.  Accuracy seemed the same, but it did make me recall how BL1 payed close attention to accuracy percentages, where as BL2 was much much more forgiving and generous when doing the calculation, that might explain why going from 2 to 1 felt nerfed.  

I was playing Feral's port which didn't have an opportunity to get nerfed.  Were you playing it on a PC in Steam?  That would give it rich and ample opportunity to get nerfed to hell.

Feral would have to verify but I am assuming that Mac patch 1.0.3 must be in line with PC patch 1.4.0ish since you can play cross platform with PC players via gameranger.

patch 1.3.0 does reference rebalancing chests with "appropriate" loot

http://borderlands.w...iki/Patch_1.3.0

so maybe the feral port is out of band somehow.
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#1468 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

I'm running 1.0.3.  One of the versions after 1.0.3 is the nerfed version.  I don't recall ever patching it, and it turns out to be a good thing for me up to this point.  So this pretty much explains why Fm noticed the difference in how it was and how he remembered it to be.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1469 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

I had read that playing co-op would result in richer loot oportunity, as well as much harder bad guys (since everything now must contend with two (or 4) players wailing on them). But what we saw when playing our romp ... was that the loot was pathetic, everywhere. Even the named items from bosses, and the insanely paltry droppings from the Destroyer at the end.

Also the whole game was just too darn easy it seemed. My brother is not a super-accurate-twinker-fps'r ... but he is decent enough. But still, the battles were very easy. We died like... once ... fighting the Mad Max guy in the big rig fight, because our stupid vehicle blew up almost instantly upon the start of that boss fight. But it then glitched out, and we were able to just pick him off from the ridge entering the area, and basically cheesed-passed it. Even the destroyer was easy, and all the mess leading up to him.

Just seemed like the game was running in solo mode, with two people, and the loot was bleah.

BL2 on the other hand is proving more of a challenge, and also the loot seems to be more frequently 'cool' and useful. We've only each opened up the special chest (1 key each) for an initial weapon when we reached sanctuary. We MIGHT open it again, but we feel the loot droppings so far have been suplemental enough as we are progressing.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1470 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 January 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm running 1.0.3.  One of the versions after 1.0.3 is the nerfed version.  I don't recall ever patching it, and it turns out to be a good thing for me up to this point.  So this pretty much explains why Fm noticed the difference in how it was and how he remembered it to be.

I don't think feral 1.0.3 = PC 1.0.3. 1.0.3 is the latest version released by feral, but i'm sure it is based of a newer pc build.

View PostFrigidman™, on 04 January 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Also the whole game was just too darn easy it seemed. My brother is not a super-accurate-twinker-fps'r ... but he is decent enough. But still, the battles were very easy. We died like... once ... fighting the Mad Max guy in the big rig fight, because our stupid vehicle blew up almost instantly upon the start of that boss fight. But it then glitched out, and we were able to just pick him off from the ridge entering the area, and basically cheesed-passed it. Even the destroyer was easy, and all the mess leading up to him.

the underdome arena is kind of hard, or at least tedious. I suggest not loading up on beverages during that DLC.........unless you are playing with a catheter.

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 January 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm running 1.0.3.

So ur saying we should fire up MacLands and GameRanger. I like where this is going.

#1471 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

Are you running 1.0.3 also?  If not can the two versions still net?  I don't want to update Borderlands, it'll nerf my game.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1472 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 04 January 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Are you running 1.0.3 also?  If not can the two versions still net?  I don't want to update Borderlands, it'll nerf my game.

I have Feral 1.0.3 on macOS, it's the latest version available. But I can cross play with PC users on gameranger so it must be based on a newer PC build. We better fire it up this weekend to check the coop loot ourselves.

#1473 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

Sounds like a plan!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1474 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 05 January 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

I have Feral 1.0.3 on macOS, it's the latest version available. But I can cross play with PC users on gameranger so it must be based on a newer PC build. We better fire it up this weekend to check the coop loot ourselves.

We came across ... 1 orange item. For the entire playthrough co-op with two fresh new characters. And we did all side missions (non-dlc).

A couple purple. But they really were not that wonderful. Actually, my final two weapons fighting the end boss, were GREENS. I think my brother was using a blue AR, and green shotgun too.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1475 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8257 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Aside from having an epic five and a half hour Borderlands TPS session with the Battle Cat and Macdude, I played the For Honor beta on the PS4 on the weekend. Really interesting game, and surprisingly fresh for something from Ubisoft: it doesn't play like anything I played before (there's maybe a very small hint of Dark Souls in it). I wouldn't necessarily say I really got a good grasp on the gameplay, even though I managed to finish most of the matches against other player at the top of the leaderboard, or at least close to it: when playing against the AI, I usually got my ass whooped.

However, I wouldn't really spent € 70 on it, especially since Ubi couldn't stop themselves and managed to spoil the game with many scourges of modern gaming, including microtransactions, level grinding, randomised after-match loot drops, and an always-online requirement.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1476 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4278 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:40 AM

I've been toying around in Empyrion still a bit here n there. Mainly just building stuff and content.

Another game I began recently was that "Stories - Path of Destinies". Different kind of game. If you are old like me, you may recall those "Choose you own adventure" books in the day. Well, this game is much like that, but in full graphical and narrated style. Its pretty fun. Has some combat to it, but its really not difficult combat at all. Nice graphics, good voice acting by the narrator, and lots of witty fun stuff. Woops, that sounded like a review ;)

Uhh... I been picking up a few hours here n there on weekends doing some co-op BL2 with my brother. He hadn't ever played the game before, but he likes it. Its a fun game to play co-op with those who have your own play style =p We dont rush rush rsuh... we take our time and poke around every corner and do things.

Hmm... other stuff... hmm...

Picked up "ASTRONEER" .. fun game, but very early yet. Needs lots of work and content. Has co-op ability, which is fun, but its riddle with network and sync problems... needs work yet lol.

View PostJanichsan, on 13 February 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Aside from having an epic five and a half hour Borderlands TPS session with the Battle Cat and Macdude, I played the For Honor beta on the PS4 on the weekend. Really interesting game, and surprisingly fresh for something from Ubisoft: it doesn't play like anything I played before (there's maybe a very small hint of Dark Souls in it). I wouldn't necessarily say I really got a good grasp on the gameplay, even though I managed to finish most of the matches against other player at the top of the leaderboard, or at least close to it: when playing against the AI, I usually got my ass whooped.

However, I wouldn't really spent € 70 on it, especially since Ubi couldn't stop themselves and managed to spoil the game with many scourges of modern gaming, including microtransactions, level grinding, randomised after-match loot drops, and an always-online requirement.

Yeah, I played the For Honor beta, and found the controls and combat so freakin sucktastic... I could barely pass the 'trial AI bot' to get into the MP aspect, so I was like frak it. If I can't even beat this AI bot's ass hands down... theres no way I'm going to enjoy a battlefield riddled with ganking little twinker tweens all over the place (now THATS a racist remark). So /uninstall, no interest in it.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1477 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

I took a pass on trying out For Honor which strikes me as a glorified Chivalry game from the marketing I've seen. I don't recall seeing anything about single player of any substance which I view as a missed opportunity.

I've been messing around checking out various demos, PS Plus freebies, PS Now (PS3 streamed games) and some games on my iPad.

I played through a relaxing, simple, pointless game called Flow on PS Now and enjoyed the experience. I'm going to give another title called Flower a try which is by the same developers who are best known for the Journey game that I want to play after that. It's fun to experience something different than the usual stuff I've always gravitated towards.

I played the Nioh last chance demo and it really sucked me in. Getting my ass kicked was never so much fun. I was up until three in the morning playing that until I ran out of time near the end of it when the last chance demo time frame ended.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1478 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Goat Simulator: it was €4 with all DLCs included (except soundtrack) at Bundle Stars, so why not. Mighty stupid game but still I managed to play almost 20 hours and I've yet to start the DLCs, my 6 year old son loves it, and I'm collecting silly achievements (Lick the hang glider, seriously?).

Half way through Life Is Strange's 2nd episode.

And I enjoyed Blues & Bullets ep. 1; will wait for ep.2 on sale. Very unfortunate that the studio went bankrupt, so later episodes likely won't come to life.

#1479 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

MISSING: An Interactive Thriller ep 1 was a neat game and they too went belly up so there won't be any more of those either. :unsure:

#1480 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

Started Red Dead Redemption. So far, so excellent. I keep bouncing around checking out various stuff on my PS4. Tons of fun.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell