#61 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

View Postjeannot, on 15 December 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

So, the topic has shifted from the poor performance of some non-Apple drivers, to how Apple have been treating gaming over the years?
Welcome to IMG forums, topic shifting NEVER happens here. :cool:

That was unclear at best. Even though I have been using Macs for the last 20 years, for work and gaming, I don't really care about how poorly Apple used to support gaming years ago.
I posted in plain English. You read into it what you wanted even after I quoted myself clearly not stating what you read into it, you conveniently leave that out. I've been using Macs for 27 years, and? I decided to go on a little rant, if you're just going to un-constructively criticize with snark then why should I care what you have to say? Really, to what end was the antagonizing?

According to others, gaming support has improved substantially since the release of Metal.
And it shows in Feral games.
I know, awesome, it took Metal 2.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#62 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

So yeah, Apple has treated gaming poorly over the years. I don't dispute that, but I don't see what that has to do with Deux Ex Mankind Divided.
And only only two Metal games that I know of require High Sierra (Metal 2).

#63 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17441 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

This is going in circles due to misunderstandings.  Please stop this argument before you want to rip each others throats out.  You are both good guys, I hate to see you go at each other like this.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#64 marksatt

marksatt

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:43 PM

View Postozzy, on 17 December 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Has anyone else noticed this? Or can anyone else check? I’m thinking the Kext to enable nVidia eGPU may not actually work as well as the script from Goalque in 10.12. Any thoughts?

I had to change UE4's device selection code for eGPUs which might be part of the problem, but the more likely issue is the eGPU configuration itself. Until Nvidia support eGPUs directly without third-party workarounds I think you can expect these kinds of problems. There is quite a lot of work involved in eGPU configurations beyond the obvious as IOKit is a tricky beast...