105 replies to this topic

#61 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

What a wicked wicked game. It kept me up till 2 last night and I'm hella tired in the office today.

I got the dead entity crash once but only once so not too big an issue. Performance is better than I expected on my Digital Audio 1.5ghz with radeon 9000. Got the graphics set up to better than average and still get decent frames.

The defending of the house in Foy was my favourite so far. Wave upon wave of incoming Germans and you have to keep running outside to pick up ammo for the panzerschrek. As a Dutchman I also really enjoyed getting shot down in the bomber to be picked up by the Dutch resistance to go an blow up the bridge. Minor quibble...Holland doesn't have hills like that!

Great fun and great value for money. Well done Aspyr. Will give the MP a go tonight.

#62 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:02 PM

My game keeps crashing on the entity error during the flight over Holland. :(
Edward

#63 price

price

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

My copy should be waiting at my door tomorrow when I get home from work!  I'm seriously thinking about not playing until Friday in case I lose track of time and forget to go to sleep.

#64 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

My game keeps crashing on the entity error during the flight over Holland. :(

Thats the only time I got the entity crash as well but as soon as I reloaded the game I was able to finish the level off and had no more problems since.

Can't really offer any advice if it keeps happening at the same point in the game. You tried Aspyr Tech support?

Price: Screw work/school just take the day off. This game demands it! Sooooo much fun. Best FPS I've played since errr.... the first COD. Runs like a dream and the graphics leave everything else in the dust.

#65 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:05 PM

Yeah I sent tech support an e-mail today. Hopefully I hear something back soon, I usually do.
Edward

#66 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:45 AM

I've come across another version of the crash back to main menu problem. This time it happens while I'm shooting PT boats, and the error message is "undefined is not an object."

#67 Markovich

Markovich

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:44 AM

Picked up my copy late yesterday at the Apple Store here in town. They had just received their shipment of copies.

So, loaded it up after the kids went to bed and started playing. First thing, I couldnt get my controls to mimic what I have on the regular Call of Duty. The game didnt want to recognize my number key pad on the right of my Apple keyboard. So, after a bit of toying around, I started playing. There's a bit of a learning curve with the new weapons,etc, but nevertheless, still a great expansion pack. It froze up on me twice, both times after selecting Quit from the main menu. Not sure what happened.

Mark
2.8GHZ 24" iMac with 4gb RAM, 512MB,NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
13" MacBook
Obsession 15" telescope
Kernel Panic on COD-UO MP

#68 Nightman

Nightman

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:50 AM

Vehicles in MP games absolutely ruin the gameplay.

Thanks to Halo, now all the kiddies think that driving around spamming vehicles is the best thing ever, well, it's not.

I'll buy UO for the SP, but you wont see me playing the vehicle-spam-filled-MP.

Hey iMac Man,
may I suggest, looking out for a bunch of guys called the 'OAP Clan' when you want a litlle online action. We're basically a bunch of guys whos average age is about 37 (give or take a few) who set ourselves up to combat the youth fuelled spam sessions that you can easily find online. We started on Unreal Tac Ops, tried a few other games and have kinda settled on CoD and CoD UO. We don't put up with spamming or flaming but have a really good laugh all the same. We've got quite a name for ourselves now as a clan who ALWAYS play fair and never cheat. You won't find an aimbot  on our server. Infact some of our members work with the anti-cheat community (TOST, Punkbuster etc).

Check out our homepage here:

http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/

...Pop in for some tea and cakes!!

After all, CoD deserves to be played online. It becomes a whole different animal. Of course this invite extends to all who fancy popping in to say hi!

#69 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

Wow Nightman, I want to join your clan just so I can have my own cool little character made for me!  :D

Your clan sounds like it's RIGHT up my alley!

You guys (and gals) should look into playing the Heat of Battle mod for CoD!  It is teamplay oriented, and perfect for clans.  I think you would enjoy it.... however, there aren't too many spammers playing HoB, so that might take some of the fun out of it for you.  ; )
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#70 Joshua

Joshua

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:22 PM

Wow Nightman, I want to join your clan just so I can have my own cool little character made for me!  :D
LOL!

You know, I haven't had the game crash on me once. But I've only played MP, haven't touched SP. Anybody experience any crashes in MP?

Josh
QuickSilver G4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 1.12GB RAM - OS X 10.3.9
Dell P4/1.4GHz - GF4Ti - 512MB RAM - Windows XP SP2

#71 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

I got a reply from Aspyr saying they haven't seen this problem (entity) which doesn't surprise since they shipped it. I told them to check this thread though it would help if others submit bug reports.
Edward

#72 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

Didn't crash on me once last night. Stuck on the Railroad yard in Kharkov (destroy 5 tanks while getting strafed by Stukas). Getting my ass handed to me. Wishing I'd started the game on the greenhorn difficulty setting rather than the normal!

#73 zulu5

zulu5

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:30 PM

I beat the game in 1 hour cuz im so 1337.

Multiplayer is where its at.

#74 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

Oh please. You're so 1337 you ignore the avatar guidelines. And you should try UO on a setting other than Greenhorn. Then see how 1337 you are.

#75 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:47 PM

Oh please. You're so 1337 you ignore the avatar guidelines. And you should try UO on a setting other than Greenhorn. Then see how 1337 you are.

Check out some of his other posts too.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#76 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:07 PM

I have that same problem with the ladies refering to me as "big blackie" or "thethreearmman". Well at least that's what they call me.

I smell asshat.

#77 iGreg

iGreg

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:02 PM

UO is unplayable for me. The original COD plays just fine in single or multiplayer.

UO, slows to a crawl and then becomes unplayable after I get the machine gun.

My iMac is 1 GHz, G4, 768 MB RAM, 64 MB Video RAM,  NVIDIA GeForce 4MX, OS 10.3.6,

Their tech support had me uninstall everything. Install again in a separate Game folder at root level of my hard drive. I also turned the graphic settings way down. No improvement at all.

UO is a complete bust for me.

#78 The iMac Man

The iMac Man

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2422 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:05 PM

Zulu,

Nice racist avatar.    ....asshat indeed.
-iMac

(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)
Heat of Battle
Revolt
SWAT
Others

Get Mac Game Mods: Macologist.org

#79 monkeyphonix

monkeyphonix

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:11 PM

UO is unplayable for me. The original COD plays just fine in single or multiplayer.  

UO, slows to a crawl and then becomes unplayable after I get the machine gun.

My iMac is 1 GHz, G4, 768 MB RAM, 64 MB Video RAM,  NVIDIA GeForce 4MX, OS 10.3.6,

There tech support had me uninstall everything. Install again in a separate Game folder at root level of my hard drive. I also turned the graphic settings way down. No improvement at all.

UO is a complete bust for me.

I remember reading that UO was a bit more demanding. It ran pretty sweet for me apart from some of the later levels (storming Kharkov city square) where my 1.5ghz R9000 could only chug out 10-15 fps. The machine guns slowed things down as well. I take it you've tried turning off ejecting brass, dynamic lighting and all those things? Have you tried setting both texture settings to 16bit? I think it will be a combination of your 1ghz G4 but more importantly your G4MX is just a GF2MX with an extra 64mb of VRAM. Pretty old graphics card really.

#80 zulu5

zulu5

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:23 AM

I have that same problem with the ladies refering to me as "big blackie" or "thethreearmman". Well at least that's what they call me.

I smell asshat.

Asshat....i'm sorry i dont speak nerd.