4 replies to this topic

#1 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

like five to six hours ago, I tried to access IMG; but I ended up at some domain registrar. Someone forgot to renew their license?

I want to be reimbursed for psychological damage and gain of time. (yes yes, not loss, but gain! (I didnt get to post my very highly necessary comments, boo!))

PS: Oh and meestar baetl catz0rz, I understand if this is too offtopic for a feedback, and I will accept your judgement if you decide to move it to "Off-Topic".
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

No, this is a good topic for the IMG Feedback forum.  There are other explanations for your experience.  It could have been a down DNS server, or a NIC database in the process of being updated or maintenanced.  There are a million hiccups on the internet every day.  I ran into one problem with a website I co-hosted that I thought was insurmountable until a friend told to reboot my router.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3513 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

I saw the same thing at about the same time. Apparently insidemacgames.com was "parked for free by GoDaddy". I checked the whois, and sure enough, it said "Expires on: 13-Feb-08".

OTOH, imgmagazine.com still worked. Tuncer, don't forget to renew it before it expires on the 21st. ;)

#4 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

If I remember correctly there is a fairly long grace period after a domain expires where the original owner has the chance to get it back. So chances are you probably wouldn't have been able to capitalize on this situation.

#5 QuantaCat

QuantaCat

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

Darn. And I wanted to sell it for a cool million bucks.
QC.

avatar courtesy of James Grimlee.