11 replies to this topic

#1 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

Good lord above. I need help. I can't stop trying to place first in the XGames Freeride competition. If I could just pull off ... that... perfect... combination of... tr------CRAP!

:blush:

#2 hbbengal

hbbengal

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:14 AM

mangoman, on May 22nd 2005, 03:54 PM, said:

Good lord above. I need help. I can't stop trying to place first in the XGames Freeride competition. If I could just pull off ... that... perfect... combination of... tr------CRAP!

:blush:

View Post

Just crashes on me non-stop

I could / would love the game but "every freakin time I play against an in game player" the game locks up.

Dual Gig G4
GeForce Ti
1.5 Gig RAM
Rev 5.1 card

I would love some help.

Thanks

A long time subscriber.

#3 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

hbbengal, on May 28th 2005, 01:14 AM, said:

Just crashes on me non-stop

I could / would love the game but "every freakin time I play against an in game player" the game locks up.

Dual Gig G4
GeForce Ti
1.5 Gig RAM
Rev 5.1 card

I would love some help.

Thanks

A long time subscriber.

View Post

i have the exact same prob, crashes to desktop for no noticable reason
got a simular setup, dual 876 g4, gef 4 Ti and a gig for ram

i contacted the aspyr helpdesk but they refused to help me cause they said my processor didnt meet the minimum requirement of 1 ghz, eventhough the games runs as sweet as a nut in 1280*1024, no probs what so ever, but it crashes, then i got my powerbook which does meet all the requirements, game runs like crap but doesnt crash

in the end i just gave up, reinstalling didnt help, changing configs didnt help, tried everything, i just got tired of dealing with constant crashes so i just put the game away, haven't played it since although i really realy like it

#4 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:33 PM

skully25, on May 29th 2005, 10:22 AM, said:

i have the exact same prob, crashes to desktop for no noticable reason
got a simular setup, dual 876 g4, gef 4 Ti and a gig for ram

i contacted the aspyr helpdesk but they refused to help me cause they said my processor didnt meet the minimum requirement of 1 ghz, eventhough the games runs as sweet as a nut in 1280*1024, no probs what so ever, but it crashes, then i got my powerbook which does meet all the requirements, game runs like crap but doesnt crash

in the end i just gave up, reinstalling didnt help, changing configs didnt help, tried everything, i just got tired of dealing with constant crashes so i just put the game away, haven't played it since although i really realy like it

View Post

Man, I'm sorry to hear of your crashes. I've got a similar setup, except for the clock speed: My old 933MHz was bumped up to 1.4GHz using a new proc' from Other World Computing. Otherwise, I've got a 128MB GeForce Ti card and 1.5 GB RAM. If it's any encouragement to upgrade your proc', this game is worth it (at least, it is for a guy like me who doesn't own a console game machine -- I just play stuff on my Mac).

#5 skully25

skully25

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:22 PM

mangoman, on May 30th 2005, 12:33 PM, said:

Man, I'm sorry to hear of your crashes. I've got a similar setup, except for the clock speed: My old 933MHz was bumped up to 1.4GHz using a new proc' from Other World Computing. Otherwise, I've got a 128MB GeForce Ti card and 1.5 GB RAM. If it's any encouragement to upgrade your proc', this game is worth it (at least, it is for a guy like me who doesn't own a console game machine -- I just play stuff on my Mac).

View Post

meh it's just frustrating, i kno there are more people with the same problem (which have a machine that does meet all the requirements) yet aspyr isn't recognizing it so they don't even try to fix it, real shame if you ask me

if i knew my machine couldnt handle the game i would'nt complain at all and just accept that it won't run, but this is a whole other scenario

#6 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

skully25, on May 31st 2005, 06:22 PM, said:

meh it's just frustrating, i kno there are more people with the same problem (which have a machine that does meet all the requirements) yet aspyr isn't recognizing it so they don't even try to fix it, real shame if you ask me

if i knew my machine couldnt handle the game i would'nt complain at all and just accept that it won't run, but this is a whole other scenario

View Post

STILL can't get first place at XGames. Frustrating! Maybe I'm too old, maybe the game is just too d@mn hard.
:angry:

#7 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

mangoman, on November 5th 2005, 01:36 PM, said:

STILL can't get first place at XGames. Frustrating! Maybe I'm too old, maybe the game is just too d@mn hard.
:angry:

View Post

I finally snapped -- pulled the disc and cut it apart with scissors.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17421 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

If you can stand the wretched house filling stink, destroying a CD in a microwave oven is satisfyingly deleterious.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Noema

Noema

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

mangoman, on November 30th 2005, 05:21 PM, said:

View Post

I feel for you mangoman, I reached my digital limit on this game as well. But I gave the game away instead of having a conniption.

/Bet it felt good though :)

#10 mangoman

mangoman

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:06 PM

Noema, on December 1st 2005, 01:18 PM, said:

I feel for you mangoman, I reached my digital limit on this game as well. But I gave the game away instead of having a conniption.

/Bet it felt good though :)

View Post

Felt great. And Battle Cat, that microwave idea has me really curious.

Cheers,

- mm

#11 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:49 PM

mangoman, on November 30th 2005, 07:21 PM, said:

View Post

Heh, I did something like that to a Dreamcast game once.  Think it was Sega GT or something...it just had a frustratingly high difficulty curve and I got to the point where enough was enough.  Grabbed the disc right out of the console and flung it at the wall, causing it to shatter into hundreds of little splintery pieces!  

A pain to clean up, but man, did it feel great!  :D

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:55 AM

now i am definetly not buying the game...
i'll be happy with the demo guys.
I <3 RJ