the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

My girlfriend

View Postnick68k, on 11 August 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Clearly tBC needs to be upgraded with extra paws.

All my girlfriends always said I had too many paws!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#42 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

View Postnick68k, on 11 August 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Clearly tBC needs to be upgraded with extra paws.
Cats can type with their tails.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#43 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 11 August 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

My girlfriend

All my girlfriends always say I have too many paws!

We will be sure to link that comment for your wife's perusal. It was nice knowing you Cat.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

She's an alley cat so it's no big whoop.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 August 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

She's an alley cat so it's no big whoop.

That's good. I couldn't really get my favorite cat in trouble anyway, at least not on purpose. :)

#46 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

View Postnick68k, on 08 August 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

nv_kelly was also kind enough to send me a referral code, but when I log in and go to the GeForce NOW beta signup page I'm put on the Early Access waitlist. Where in the blazes do you enter the code?

Hey! Did you try running through these steps? Play: Select any game from the ALL GAMES tab that you own and you’ll be playing in moments

#47 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

Man, the updates that addressed mouselag as well as NVIDIA adding a central US server made a HUGE difference for me. Mouse lag in the Steam UI is almost nonexistent compared to before, and my input lag is down heavily. At least for Texans, GeForce NOW for Mac just got a whole lot better!
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#48 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

That is very nice to hear. I am missing my Mac and want a MacBook but it will probably be a while. This might be pretty nice for some PC titles I wouldn't get with consoles on a MacBook by the time I own one. It would be compelling for me at that point if I could install anything I wanted to from my Steam and GOG libraries and have it just work. The stuff I want to play isn't even all that demanding either. Honestly, the number one PC game I'd like having good access to is EverQuest of all games because I love it so much and occasional visits for a few hundred hours of quality time with a fully twinked out alt is good, good times for me. I do not ever want to install Windows on a Mac again and reboot, etc. I'd be willing to pay for this if it works well and access to what I own isn't a problem on those two major services.

Oops... I just realized something. Data caps may screw me for this unfortunately. Oh, well. I will worry about that when I have reason to be looking at it seriously which for me is going to be a while.

#49 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6095 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 02 September 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

That is very nice to hear. I am missing my Mac and want a MacBook but it will probably be a while. This might be pretty nice for some PC titles I wouldn't get with consoles on a MacBook by the time I own one. It would be compelling for me at that point if I could install anything I wanted to from my Steam and GOG libraries and have it just work. The stuff I want to play isn't even all that demanding either. Honestly, the number one PC game I'd like having good access to is EverQuest of all games because I love it so much and occasional visits for a few hundred hours of quality time with a fully twinked out alt is good, good times for me. I do not ever want to install Windows on a Mac again and reboot, etc. I'd be willing to pay for this if it works well and access to what I own isn't a problem on those two major services.

Oops... I just realized something. Data caps may screw me for this unfortunately. Oh, well. I will worry about that when I have reason to be looking at it seriously which for me is going to be a while.

If you're on Suddenpopsnizzle like me, you should be able to get unlimited data by calling them up and paying another $10/month. That's what I did when I kept hitting my 500GB data cap on my gigabit connection.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#50 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostFrost, on 02 September 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

If you're on Suddenpopsnizzle like me, you should be able to get unlimited data by calling them up and paying another $10/month. That's what I did when I kept hitting my 500GB data cap on my gigabit connection.

It's them I am ditching for the time being. I did have unlimited data. In a pinch, I could put up with them again to have that so it does at least remain an option. I'd rather not and at this time, CenturyLink is also expanding their service around here to increase speeds. The vast majority of this town is with them actually and Suddenlink has a much smaller presence.

I should be fine with the new service indefinitely I hope. There's no contract anymore for internet with them and the price is fixed for 3 years. They call this deal, "Price for Life" which is interesting. One would figure a price for life would be a lifetime price but I guess if it was a lifetime price they would say so? I thought they did say so but what do I know? I guess in this instance it must mean something like, this is so exciting it is like, the price of your life or maybe this is the price for life? That's it! To have life, you know, life worth living, you have to have this. So 70 bucks a month is the price for life for three years. After that if I am still alive I am sure the price for life will go up considerably because life is precious after all.

#51 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6095 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

So you're saying you're Guaranteed That Price For Life*

*Assuming you die within 3 years

Eric5h5:

#52 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

Is anybody having good results in the beta?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#53 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2047 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 05 September 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Works fine, though at home I am on the edge of usable latency thanks to mediacom routing every which way to sunday before routing to Chicago. I've been playing Saints Row with chu via GeForce Now.

It does chew through bandwidth but I have a 2TB cap so not a yuge concern for me and not a technical problem with the service. However rampant data caps may hurt it's marketability.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#54 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 05 September 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Yep, I've been playing Skyrim with it, works very well from mid-Michigan.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#55 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Awesome.  I want this to work for obvious Mac gaming reasons.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#56 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Just tried it again. Played around 10 minutes of the 2nd mission of Dishonored 2. Works A LOT better than when I first tried it a month or so ago. The mouse is a little weird, but it isn't a latency issue (seems more like a mouse acceleration issue) but other than that worked pretty fine.

Played it on the 13" Retina Macbook Pro running over a WiFi connection to an 802.11ac access point that is about 20 feet away and through 1 wall. Set Dishonored to my rMBP's native resolution (2560x1600) and graphics preset to medium settings. Due to the compression, I couldn't really see much difference between medium and ultra settings, but changing the resolution did make a very noticable difference. It doesn't quite look like a native resolution (due to the compression), but there is a huge difference between 1280x800 and 2560x1600.

The game was very playable for the 10 minutes or so that I spent with it. Gotta get back to work now though :teehee: .
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#57 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 05 September 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I've been playing Saints Row with chu via GeForce Now.

Well I'll be gob smacked!  THAT explains the big NVIDIA logo on the chest of your game character.  Thought you had a clothing DLC that I didn't.

oh... ;)
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, pc gaming, geforce now for mac, nvidia