What ever happened to Cartoon Crackpot and Mumbles?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hush! He is the moderator, he can do what he wants, don't defy him lest you arouse his wrath!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#22 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:33 AM

View PostStopDropBurn, on January 31st 2007, 10:25 AM, said:

Hush! He is the moderator, he can do what he wants, don't defy him lest you arouse his wrath!

I think I'd like to arouse his wrath so I can challenge him to a match of Aleph One!

btw, CCP did not die in Iraq for those that missed the joke.

#23 cartooncrackpot

cartooncrackpot

LASMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts
  • Location:Planet Blortch, home of the slaughtering rat people.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

It's true, I didn't die in Iraq. I was however near-fatally wounded by xxtra's poignant taunts!
The official #IMG comic! Last update: 2004/9/5

#24 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

View PostAuron, on January 31st 2007, 10:33 AM, said:

I think I'd like to arouse his wrath so I can challenge him to a match of Aleph One!

btw, CCP did not die in Iraq for those that missed the joke.

B@$T@RDS!  Here I am being sincere and you guys are making jokes about CCCP dying in Iraq. I guess that should have been a clue. CCCP in Iraq? WTF?!?  :cool:

#25 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:38 AM

View PostStopDropBurn, on January 30th 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

Haha! I have surpassed even SPK! 16th!
All I have to say to you is: :angry:

Anyway, speaking of the old members, the IMG forums have become almost an entirely new place since I first joined. The Battle Cat era has made this place far less hostile than it was in the Whaleman era.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#26 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on February 1st 2007, 12:38 PM, said:

All I have to say to you is: :angry:

Anyway, speaking of the old members, the IMG forums have become almost an entirely new place since I first joined. The Battle Cat era has made this place far less hostile than it was in the Whaleman era.

The question is how much of the decreased hostility that comes from changing moderator, and how much comes from you not posting over 25 rather useless posts a day anymore ;)

But when you joined, it was in the end of the horrible politics period where everybody were at everybody's throat and the politics ban was not completely in action yet. Everybody was looking for something to let their frustration at, and a post spammer is usually the first one to get targeted. I'm quite happy you managed to straighten up in the end though.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#27 Stickboy

Stickboy

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hi, my name is SydeX. I left these forums becuase Whaleman wouldn't stop sending me inappropriate PMs. I do not know what a "Cleveland steamer" is, but I will not have one of these performed on me by teh Whaled00d.

Oh, and I died protecting my country's thieffreedom in Iraq.

IN BEFORE TEH LOCK
--to label yourself is to limit yourself--

#28 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:47 AM

Hey, cool.  The new forum software has turned "Space_Pirate_Killer" into "Space_Pirate_Kil…".  Nifty.

--Eric

#29 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:50 AM

View PostStopDropBurn, on January 31st 2007, 07:25 AM, said:

View PostAuron, on January 31st 2007, 07:21 AM, said:

Isn't that what you're doing right now though?  :blink:
Auron was a moderator when I was the newest newbie on the forum.  I have a lot of respect for him, and what he said isn't lost on me.  I should cut back some on my quips.

As the main moderator though, my post count builds up pretty quickly.  Ask Whaleman about that, we are required to post a LOT just in our normal admin activities, then we post more as members.  Sometimes I post stuff just to change the mood of a thread that might be turning sour in some way because I consider that one of my duties.  So yeah, I'm a special case in some regards but not in others.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#30 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on February 1st 2007, 04:50 PM, said:

As the main moderator though, my post count builds up pretty quickly.  Ask Whaleman about that, we are required to post a LOT just in our normal admin activities, then we post more as members

Yup. So very true. Just trying to keep topics clean or steer them back on topic (or off topic if the  on topic is an ugly one :P ) requires so many posts in the end. I don't even wanna know how many posts of mine that's "moving this topic to ###" or "ok guys, calm it down, here have some ice cream". There is a reason I'm still #2 with a margin in posts even though I've hardly posted since I quit... you build them up fast. Just look at our new top spammer ;)
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#31 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on February 1st 2007, 10:50 AM, said:

Auron was a moderator when I was the newest newbie on the forum.  I have a lot of respect for him, and what he said isn't lost on me.  I should cut back some on my quips.

As the main moderator though, my post count builds up pretty quickly.  Ask Whaleman about that, we are required to post a LOT just in our normal admin activities, then we post more as members.  Sometimes I post stuff just to change the mood of a thread that might be turning sour in some way because I consider that one of my duties.  So yeah, I'm a special case in some regards but not in others.

Oddly enough, I don't think my post count built up that much as a result of being a moderator, then again I remember sending people pms telling them their avatars were too big more than anything else...

p.s. Where the heck is Lucian these days?

#32 Greg Grant

Greg Grant

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2528 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:36 AM

I dunno if Lucian does anything for IMG anymore, once an eon I talk to him. I asked him if he's been following Pac-X since he did go to UCLA (myself UO) and I figured he'd like to shoot the sh...eep about NCAA roundball (as Fong likes the b-ball) but he hadn't been up on it but I guess he's just been watching the Lakers.

Other than that, no clue what Lucian is up to.
the IMG audio guy...

#33 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2251 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:36 PM

Seeing this reunion of old time IMG members, I suggest we should celebrate with beer, chips, and 25 year old single mothers pole dancing to their hearts content.
What is a man?

#34 HeadWes

HeadWes

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostBlackshawk, on 31 January 2007 - 12:39 AM, said:

Yes, Teflon frequently boats of that. I propose a bill for anti-Teflon measures to be implemented.
<scruffy>Second.</scruffy>
"I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free."

#35 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4146 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:46 AM

Wow... 7 year old thread rises from the grave to make a bad pun.... Boom, headshot!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#36 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6196 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

HeadWes has a knack for doing that.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.6 GHz i7 9900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.