What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1490 replies to this topic

#1481 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6007 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Can't stop playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands. It's like Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs had a baby.

If you want a more serious tone Just Cause 3 open world funfest, check it out.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1482 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 15 March 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Started Red Dead Redemption. So far, so excellent. I keep bouncing around checking out various stuff on my PS4. Tons of fun.

I just bought a PS3 as a blu-ray player, and to play Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. Thinking about picking up RDR at some point too, especially since it seems the sequel will make it to the PC...I just hate aiming guns with controllers.

#1483 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17236 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:07 AM

I'm currently working through Red Faction: Guerrilla and Just Cause 3 with a side of Borderlands 2.  Co-oping in Pre-Sequel with the criminally insane as part of my community service because of that whole... aviary massacre... thing.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1484 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7979 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

Aside from apparently being criminally insane, I'm playing Torment: Tides of Numenara, which I backed on Kickstarter. Interesting setting and very well written, but I think they didn't know when to stop: there is. So. Much. Dialogue. Every second NPC has enough lines of dialogue to fill an average episode of Gilmour Girls. I wouldn't normally think that's bad, but it's really detrimental to the pacing of the game. I already have almost 20 hours clocked in, and haven't even left the first town. Also, the combats (or "crises" as they are called in the game, since they don't just comprise of fighting) aren't really fun, but fortunately mostly avoidable (both of which are in the tradition of its spiritual predecessor Planescape: Torment).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1485 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6007 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

:devil:
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1486 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Angry Birds 2 on my new iPad Air 2.

I am a bad person, but it sure is fun, although somewhat more repetitive than the first one (Which *is* better, IMHO).
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1487 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7979 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostFrost, on 19 March 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

:devil:
Out of curiosity: has the friendly AI improved in the final release? I played the open beta on the PS4 and found the AI squad mates to be atrociously stupid.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1488 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6007 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 19 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Out of curiosity: has the friendly AI improved in the final release? I played the open beta on the PS4 and found the AI squad mates to be atrociously stupid.
I didn't play the beta so I have nothing to compare it against, but AI, it depends on their orders. If you never give them orders they tend to hang back on your flanks and can be a little too hesitant to provide you with backup when things go sideways since they're primarily trying not to blow your stealth by opening up a firefight. They can be pretty slow to get to you and revive you if you go down.

That being said, if you remember to call out the order to open fire when you're going in hot or if things blow up in your face, your squaddies stop hanging back and move up and actually do a good job covering you. If you throw a bunch of skill points into "squad efficiency" they flat out turn into Terminators when you give them fire order and then have them advance on an objective.

Eric5h5:

#1489 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 7979 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostFrost, on 19 March 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

I didn't play the beta so I have nothing to compare it against, but AI, it depends on their orders. If you never give them orders they tend to hang back on your flanks and can be a little too hesitant to provide you with backup when things go sideways since they're primarily trying not to blow your stealth by opening up a firefight. They can be pretty slow to get to you and revive you if you go down.

That being said, if you remember to call out the order to open fire when you're going in hot or if things blow up in your face, your squaddies stop hanging back and move up and actually do a good job covering you. If you throw a bunch of skill points into "squad efficiency" they flat out turn into Terminators when you give them fire order and then have them advance on an objective.
Yeah, I noticed in the beta that they are fairly passive without orders, but I encountered quite a few stupid behaviours back then: for instance one squad member (always a different one) consistently refusing to get in a car with the rest of the team. Or a squad members standing literally on my body without reviving me. Or one of them simply charging ahead despite being under fire from enemies left and right, while ignoring any cover (and of course being quickly gunned down). Or one of them, during an attack on an outpost on a hillside, running down the hill and starting to circle it, instead of moving forward towards the encampment. And so on, and so forth…

#1490 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • 6007 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 20 March 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yeah, I noticed in the beta that they are fairly passive without orders, but I encountered quite a few stupid behaviours back then: for instance one squad member (always a different one) consistently refusing to get in a car with the rest of the team. Or a squad members standing literally on my body without reviving me. Or one of them simply charging ahead despite being under fire from enemies left and right, while ignoring any cover (and of course being quickly gunned down). Or one of them, during an attack on an outpost on a hillside, running down the hill and starting to circle it, instead of moving forward towards the encampment. And so on, and so forth…

They still have issues, but they're nowhere near THAT bad usually. The only vehicle I've had severe issues with is the big Beechcraft props; AI pathing can't find a way in to save their lives. Don't know if they did it in the beta, but if you drive off without squaddies they'll just automatically show up in your vehicle now too.

Haven't had anyone take off during a firefight or stand on me not reviving me yet, although I have died once because they couldn't figure out how to get to me. But that was only one time thus far.

Eric5h5:

#1491 richmlow

richmlow

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hi All!

Since I started this thread over 4 years ago, I thought that I'd check in!

I just finished XCOM-2....pretty fun game.

I'm about to start Alien: Isolation. =)

richmlow
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
12 GB RAM
AMD FirePro D300 (Dual GPU, 2048MB VRAM each)
MacOS Sierra 10.12.3