doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:51 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to find even estimated specs for the upcoming remaster of Total War: Rome? I am tempted to take advantage of the 50% discount for owners of the original, which only lasts until May 31. I only dabbled with the original in Boot Camp, and my aging 2015 iMac is starting to have issues booting back from Windows anyway.

Thanks!

#2 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Wabbit Swayer

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 31 March 2021 - 01:27 AM

Requirements are not announced yet, but since the game will be released a month before the discount ends (April 29th), you'll have time to check and decide if you buy.

#3 doctorpuppet

doctorpuppet

Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Steam Name:doctorpuppet

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:11 AM

I read that the discount ended today! I threw the dice and bought it. Whatever, it’s been so long since I last played it, so if I let that amount of time pass again, I will likely have a new computer anyway.

Oh, I had a typo in my original post!

I have totally confused myself. The discount is indeed available until MAY 31st! Whoops.

#4 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Gaming way too long

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1725 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 09:35 PM

I'm glad they're remastering it and giving a discount to original owners. I didn't buy the original but I think it's good business and, being from Feral, I'm expecting good things.
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/Manjario KDE/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: total war, feral