Pay what you want bundle #2! Anniversary event continues!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

MacGameStore Presents a 10 Year Anniversary Sales Event!

A new Pay What You Want bundle has been posted, this time it is 10 games from KISS ltd.

Also for the rest of this week, all normal game purchases (excluding the bundle) grants a freebie game called "Pickers: Adventures in Rust". That is automatically added to cart (if you don't already own it!).

The last bit of event news, is that all purchases (except wallet and gift cards) net double the reward points. This also includes purchases of the bundle.

The sales continue!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

I take it that bundle #1 was a success?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

Enough to gain the attention of a few other publishers.

Personally I would have expected more if the advertising or PR took off... but for how little it was mentioned out in the world, it did quite well.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

This new bundle is going absolutely no where.... heh. Its a stick in the mud.

-Fm [1oM7]

#5 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3754 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

Well, it is a pretty weird gathering of games.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#6 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

I already picked up the 39 steps when it was at a give away price on steam and that was OK as far as interactive stories go.

Nothing else stands out for me but I've picked it up anyway given the low price as hopefully we can encourage more game developers to also offer their titles for OS X. A couple of the Steam keys said  invalid platform so not all may have added their Mac version on their yet.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, GTX680 4GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.4

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

View Postmattw, on 24 April 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

A couple of the Steam keys said  invalid platform so not all may have added their Mac version on their yet.

Wait what ?? Please let us know the exact games that did this. All of those are SUPPOSED to be Mac! At least, that is what KISS ltd led us to believe. Please let us know.

-Fm [1oM7]

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Crap, just discovered yes... Litil Divil and Snooker are windows only on Steam. Hrm, this presents a bit of a logic issue with how our end is setup with Mac and "Optional Steam Key Provided" ........ as... well, it may be optional, but it doesnt give a mac version on steam! Gaaaaah. I hate logic issues like this, as it means yet-another-exception-rule-to-the-already-bloated-system.

-Fm [1oM7]

#9 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:07 AM

Yeah sorry to cause problems for you. I'm guessing the Mac builds will be added to Steam at some point so it's not a priority for me as I'm still busy with other games at the moment so they are just joining the queue...
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, GTX680 4GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.12.4

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:27 AM

View Postmattw, on 25 April 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

Yeah sorry to cause problems for you. I'm guessing the Mac builds will be added to Steam at some point so it's not a priority for me as I'm still busy with other games at the moment so they are just joining the queue...

If they never do, there is always the non-steam download method for all the mac versions in the bundle. They download through MGS (which is pretty simple to use), and once downloaded you DONT need mgs running to launch/play them.

-Fm [1oM7]

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

This bundle #2 didnt have any real good AAA titles that key-farmers can buy into. Which is pretty much what happens with these kinds of bundles. The actual legit number of normal people buying pay whatever bundles is very low compared to how many repeat purchases by those china/korea/russia resellers who are just turning around and selling the keys elsewhere for more.

-Fm [1oM7]